What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

perverse

Referee
If there's a universe in which Addo Carr wants to take a pay cut to play in a decent team then we'd be mad not to make enquiries. I doubt that universe exists, but you'd expect our management has already picked up the phone.

Jono078

Referee
Surely the offer to play outside of Gagai or Best and along with Ponga, plus the chance at 20+ tries would be very enticing.

Absolutely worth looking into!

Woody90

Juniors
He just scored a cracking solo try against GC,he'd be a great pick-up,
will probably end up at the Roosters or Souffs though

Roosters already have too many outside backs to fit into 5 spots, and can't see Souths being in a position to sign him after signing Wighton.

If there is any truth in this, I reckon we would be in a good position. After leaving the Storm to go to Bulldogs he probably misses playing in a good backline and scoring tries next to a good centre, which we can definitely offer him.

It's also no secret Gus is trying to find cap space to fix their roster wherever possible. If he doesn't want to be there I reckon they would chip in some of his contract to free a bit up for themselves.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Hope we Make an offer, if true.

Would need him on the right though, not his preferred. Either/or swap Marzhew across, again not ideal.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Suualii was dally M winger of the year last year when he was 18 for most of that year, would’ve played for Australia at the World Cup but chose to play for Samoa and helped them make the final paying fullback, he didnt set the world on fire this year but the reality is no one at the roosters did,
Take a big sip of water and be prepared to spit take when I tell you who else has won Dally M positional awards over the years… means nothing and it’s totally dictated by hype.

I don’t think he would have been picked for Australia. Some handy blokes in front of him.

Anyway. We can keep splitting hairs over exact ages - physical development isn’t the same for every person and his playing first grade so young mostly means he’s an early bloomer, a manchild - the point is we were promised a generational talent and he looks more like a very good talent who happened to develop the body of a man as a teenager. He doesn’t live up to the hype or the salary and honestly he looks borderline clueless out there when asked to do more than the simple physical stuff wingers do eg finishing backline movements, working in yardage. His positional sense and decision-making at centre has been downright comical at times. Put simply - he’s got great physical tools, but he’s not really much of a natural footy player.

aqua_duck

Coach
Take a big sip of water and be prepared to spit take when I tell you who else has won Dally M positional awards over the years… means nothing and it’s totally dictated by hype.

I don’t think he would have been picked for Australia. Some handy blokes in front of him.

Anyway. We can keep splitting hairs over exact ages - physical development isn’t the same for every person and his playing first grade so young mostly means he’s an early bloomer, a manchild - the point is we were promised a generational talent and he looks more like a very good talent who happened to develop the body of a man as a teenager. He doesn’t live up to the hype or the salary and honestly he looks borderline clueless out there when asked to do more than the simple physical stuff wingers do eg finishing backline movements, working in yardage. His positional sense and decision-making at centre has been downright comical at times. Put simply - he’s got great physical tools, but he’s not really much of a natural footy player.
Don’t think he would’ve got picked for Australia? It’s pretty common knowledge Mal had him pencilled in and hence he personally contacted Mal to let him know he was changing his allegiance.
Honestly you’re making final judgements on a guy that just turned 20 and had hardly played any football at centre in the juniors, was thrust there in a poorly performing team and for what it’s worth he did have some good games at centre but when he signed with ARU everyone was looking at him differently and it coincided with the roosters bad run which made him an easy scapegoat.
Suualii is a great athlete and that’s a big part of his appeal but how is that any different to a lot of outside backs?

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Mal never definitively said he was going to pick him and what’s he gonna say when asked about it? “Nah that kid sucks, not even considering him.” I think realistically even if he was in the squad, he wasn’t going to play over the incumbents Val and Fox - both better players in their prime with great rep records, both having had better seasons at the time - in any important game. Playing for Samoa was the right choice for him.

Anyway. He’s really good. Great athlete. He was hyped to be more than just a great athlete, that’s all I’m saying. It’s not his fault that the hype was so ridiculous, but it was, but for there to be all that smoke around him and then the actual player is good in kind of a boring way and honestly not THAT impressive athletically; Greg Inglis at the same age would have fended him into row Z and that’s before you get to how much more skilful and natural of a footy player Greg was.

I don’t know how we got from me saying Suaalii is better than Dom to me now being the #1 member of the Suaalii Hater Squad, but all I wanted to do was just pour a bit of cold water on the overreaction to every young guy who hasn’t proven anything or been that much of a standout at the top level.

Dom is on the verge of becoming the greatest winger of the modern era. He is irreplaceable. His work rate, power,
Height and speed are god given. It is not all about try scoring. The money Euro Rugby will inevitably throw at him will Likely see him become a dual international.
Shit like this. There are a lot of really, really good wingers around! Brian To’o is on the verge of becoming the greatest winger of the modern era. Dom is not, at present, close to Brian in terms of the week to week impact on winning footy games.

Pleb

Juniors
Mal never definitively said he was going to pick him and what’s he gonna say when asked about it? “Nah that kid sucks, not even considering him.” I think realistically even if he was in the squad, he wasn’t going to play over the incumbents Val and Fox - both better players in their prime with great rep records, both having had better seasons at the time - in any important game. Playing for Samoa was the right choice for him.

Anyway. He’s really good. Great athlete. He was hyped to be more than just a great athlete, that’s all I’m saying. It’s not his fault that the hype was so ridiculous, but it was, but for there to be all that smoke around him and then the actual player is good in kind of a boring way and honestly not THAT impressive athletically; Greg Inglis at the same age would have fended him into row Z and that’s before you get to how much more skilful and natural of a footy player Greg was.

I don’t know how we got from me saying Suaalii is better than Dom to me now being the #1 member of the Suaalii Hater Squad, but all I wanted to do was just pour a bit of cold water on the overreaction to every young guy who hasn’t proven anything or been that much of a standout at the top level.

Shit like this. There are a lot of really, really good wingers around! Brian To’o is on the verge of becoming the greatest winger of the modern era. Dom is not, at present, close to Brian in terms of the week to week impact on winning footy games.
Your reaching a bit there saying dom isn’t even close Brian. What more do you need him to do

Knight Tales

Juniors
Do not underestimate the chances of JAC coming here. We had the money Oates wanted but refused to pay it. I reckon we wouod get him for 450 k with player options plus TPAs. Our success means players will come here for less. Not ridiculous amounts but we now have the argument we are a premiership window.

Knight Tales

Juniors
To’o greater than Dom and yet the wingers Penrith currently have are as good if not more athletic. According to some.

Last edited:

Alex28

Coach
Is Addo-Carr really going to move to Newcastle?

I don’t believe the Dogs will release him any way. I can’t see him moving out of Sydney (if it isn’t for Melbourne).

Apey

Staff member
Addo-Carr can't defend and is going to be out of our price range I reckon.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Your reaching a bit there saying dom isn’t even close Brian. What more do you need him to do
To’o is the most important player to Penrith’s insane dominance of field position besides Fisher-Harris. Teams base a huge amount of their gameplan vs Penrith around containing him and they just can’t do it. He has the highest work rate of any winger I’ve seen, ever. He’s also superb defensively. I’m not sure Dom can match it.

To’o greater than Dom and yet the wingers Penrith currently have are as good if not more athletic. According to some.
Yeah I have to concede that at least one of Penrith’s current wingers, Brian To’o, is as good as the guy who I think is the best winger in the comp, Brian To’o.

Woody90

Juniors
It’s pretty hard to compare Dom and To’o as they’re different type of wingers. To’o and Marzhew would be a better comparison.

Anyway all the crying about Dom leaving is getting tiresome. We’ve known he’s going since the start of the year. We’re on our best run in over 20 years at the moment, let’s enjoy that while it lasts and know that the loss of a winger isn’t going to destroy the club, like some people are implying it will.

What we really need to do is focus on our junior pathways so that we produce more players like Best who have the talent, but are also so invested in the club that they wouldn’t even consider the thought of leaving no matter what the Roosters threw under the table at them.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Addo-Carr can't defend and is going to be out of our price range I reckon.
Legitimately, if you asked me to name the best defensive wingers in the comp, Addo-Carr is one of the first I would have thought of 😂

I know he plays for the worst defensive team in the comp atm, but you can’t expect a winger to solve the problems that team has. No one has criticised his defence at Origin level or for Melbourne.