What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

You could only if you had a top tier 7. But we don't of course. The problem is carrying them both.

What perverse said is frightening about Hastings and DCEs age difference.

What is with us and broken halfbacks.
I agree

The club doesnt seem to be very ambitious on recruitment. Bunnies signed a star from SL

Only a star if he makes it, we signed two supposed stars one looking good the other hopefully developing
yes but they're ambitious enough to sign a young fella that's already a star in SL. They want to win.

I wonder what the Knights plan is? Hastings and Gamble taking us to a Premiership next year?

Knight Tales

Juniors
yes but they're ambitious enough to sign a young fella that's already a star in SL. They want to win.

I wonder what the Knights plan is? Hastings and Gamble taking us to a Premiership next year?
I agree

The club doesnt seem to be very ambitious on recruitment. Bunnies signed a star from SL
Mikey Lewis is the best halfback in England right now. Dodd is solid but no better than Hastings. He is playing in a class spine and is the weakest link. Lomax, Welsby and Daryl Clark all ahead of him as players. Dodd would be the least dominant on the ball out of those. Look at his season stats. Souths are brave offering him that deal.

Last edited:
Mikey Lewis is the best halfback in England right now. Dodd is solid but no better than Hastings. He is playing in a class spine and is the weakest link. Lomax, Welsby and Daryl Clark all ahead of him as players. Dodd would be the least dominant on the ball out of those. Look at his season stats. Souths are brave offering him that deal.
wow, very ordinary stats - and FOX calling him a star haha, that's funny.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Mikey Lewis def one of the best halves over there but he usually plays five-eighth. If he came down to Australia I think the question of whether he played 6 or 7 over here would come down to who else is in the team. Harry Smith and Marc Sneyd are probably the best out-and-out halfbacks over there at the minute.

But yeah if Dodd is good down here, we should definitely look at grabbing one of the other young English halves who are way better than him.

Pryce is definitely the most athletically gifted but he wasn’t actually a good player over there. In and out of a very poor Huddersfield team.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Both Rosters and Panthers now have a war chest of cap space for 2025

Can’t see us signing anyone of significance over the next year or 2

growing more and more concerned we will loose Thompson

Pezet walks into our halves.

In fact its very sobering that if they were here Pezet and Wishart would be our starting halves, and we would be a much better team.

Theres a very good reason we wanted Ponga to move to 6. Much easier to manufacture a 8/10 fullback than a 6.5/10 half. Our 3 x 5/10 halves are a huge part of why we are where we are.
Can't agree with this bro

They were the halves when they played us a few weeks back and the Storm attack was awful that game. Pez has all the hallmarks of a kid who is plateauing and Wishart is more a hooker than anything

HarVeeGee

Juniors
The most talented & highest upside young fella to come through our pathways since Bradman isn’t Pezet. It’s Connor Votano. They really should at least try him at 6 in Flegg and see how he goes with it.

Lachlan Ilias been given permission to negotiate.

Who's watched him closely? Is he bad or just a victim of a team going poorly?

Upgrade on Hastings? or would be benefit by being second fiddle (5/8) with Hastings to bring him along.

Young - 23, and has a decent kicking and running game

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Hasn’t he just suffered a season ending injury in reserve grade? That would be my main concern with looking at him.

He’s always had wraps on him and he played really well in his debut season so he’s definitely not a shit player, Souths haven’t improved without him so I think it’s more a club problem.

He wouldn't be a step up from Hastings other than his age. He's certainly not a leader yet which is something we cannot afford to substitute out in trade for youth alone

I don't see him as a 5/8 either so I don't think there's much value in getting him to play alongside Jackson

Would be a good backup half but I don't think he'd be looking to sign somewhere just to play Cup and be a fill in NRL half

HarVeeGee

Juniors
I would be all for bringing in a young half with potential and having him play second fiddle to a more experienced 7 as he develops, but Ilias is definitely not it. If you ranked halfbacks by how often they make bizarre unforced errors which totally undermine any pressure they had been building on the opposition, and which put the pressure back squarely on their own team, Ilias is #1 with a bullet. He makes Luke Brooks look like Cooper Cronk on that front.

Latest posts