What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
Fans are struggling to stay interested already ... 3 weeks of little footy will drive things even more downhill

Well given the rep bye and the two byes already exist I hardly see how it's less footy....throw in Pacific tests and maybe a mid season England vs NZ test and you probably wind up with more footy.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Well given the rep bye and the two byes already exist I hardly see how it's less footy....throw in Pacific tests and maybe a mid season England vs NZ test and you probably wind up with more footy.

The only footy I care about is the games played in Parramatta Eels jerseys. The only rep games that are worth watching are Samoa vs Tonga and sometimes Fiji vs PNG.

Bazal

Post Whore
The only footy I care about is the games played in Parramatta Eels jerseys. The only rep games that are worth watching are Samoa vs Tonga and sometimes Fiji vs PNG.

I like the Pacific tests way more than Origin and Aus vs NZ, and yeah I care way more about Eels games...but still, you have the exact same amount of Parramatta games with standalone Origin matches.

There are already two byes and a rep weekend. It's absolutely no different if everyone has their byes in one week and we have three rep weekends that include Origin games. We already run half rounds before Origin anyway.

Push the rep season to the back end of the year.

Grand Final early September, followed by Origin and Pac Cup. Then you move onto WC, Confed Cup etc. Might also be the right time to run the 9s and the WCC.

That way the season has a natural progression and Club football doesn't suffer.

Gronk

Staff member
I like the rep footy and pissed that they ditched city v country
Me too. I liked the Rep Round but it was not popular with Ch9 bc merkins lost interest in the NRL during that week.

Shifting Origin to after the Grand Final will only work if Ch9 think they can match ratings.

The NRL would lose momentum after the Grand Final and I am not sure punters would be as hyped as they are in July. Games would have to be every week and gee you'd get some busted bodies after 3 weeks of origin.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Just play Origin Sunday night (or any night Fri to Mon?). Sure, the cream of the crop miss 3 club games (as low as 1 pending byes) - but they'll be right to backup the following weekend.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Just keep origin as it is, and stop complaining about it I reckon!!

Is it really a problem!! Or just another media campaign to bring down the NRL!!

Really has any side really missed out on winnning the comp because of their origin representation??

Storm / broncos probably have the most reps each year and they never have a problem making the 8.

Problem solved!!

Stevie

Bench
Reading the article about Dogs this morning, geez they are a rabble at the moment. Also saying they absolutely need to lose one more high cost player to make things work for next year.

Gronk

Staff member
Reading the article about Dogs this morning, geez they are a rabble at the moment. Also saying they absolutely need to lose one more high cost player to make things work for next year.

Des two weeks ago: I have another 2 years on my contract.

Dogs now: There is no contract.

200w.webp

Stevie

Bench
Des two weeks ago: I have another 2 years on my contract.

Dogs now: There is no contract.

200w.webp

Yep, its crazy.

Question for all those in the know. IF we are going to get more signings, and I really hope we do, when will we start to hear?

Would signings already be done and waiting for the season to end or will negotiations start for players only start when season ends?

Personally I really think we need an outside back with talent, and a big cranky prop.

Yep, its crazy.

Question for all those in the know. IF we are going to get more signings, and I really hope we do, when will we start to hear?

Would signings already be done and waiting for the season to end or will negotiations start for players only start when season ends?

Personally I really think we need an outside back with talent, and a big cranky prop.
That's a big if.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep, its crazy.

I think announcements would've stopped as we headed into the back end of the season. There have been a lot of rumours of re-signings but nothing official from the club. I don't know if we would've been actively negotiating with external players in that time. I can see pros and cons either way.

Re-signings would also include NYC players, and they're obviously still in play so maybe we won't hear anything until we win the under 20s grand final next weekend. Then we will probably get a big announcement about non-top 17 squad players like we did last year. Top 17 calibre signings/retentions will probably get their own announcement.