What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ellgey is one that I would seriously enquire about too.
Elgey is a left footer though, like Norman. Not to say you couldn't have two left footed kickers (plenty of teams have two right footers) but I'd say their relative scarcity adds a premium to their price. Meaning less value from a left footer who's not playing on the left.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I'd be going for Gutherson alongside Norman. And as Bazal pointed out we still have Troy Dargan who last time I looked (2 weeks ago) he was leading the try assists and line break assists in the NYC. He has a very good short kicking game, his defence isn't too bad for a 19 year old and he already has ISP experience.

Delboy

First Grade
Apparently there is a good chance the Administrator will appoint a Football club CEO, and football manager by end of the week, then turn to positions etc at the Leagues club

Seems quick, but may well assist in signings etc

Parra47

Juniors
Can someone here please give a list of possible halves that we could acquire to partner Norman from other clubs?

Some possibles:

Elgey (coming from a ACL). Titans already may have settled on their halves.

Moses. (May have an option in his contract if JT is not the coach). Long shot though.

Lolohea (heard this rumour has legs)

Blake Green (the only one off contract that I know of)

Sam Williams (is he is off contract?)

Anyone know of any others in the lower grades? Some kid at Cronulla apparently goes ok.
There is talk today about Parra having expressed an interest in Lolohea as a replacement for Foran.
Really no stand out halves off contract except Green who you'd play at 6 with Norman at 7.
There are some talented lower grade halves off contract who might be able to do something if Cornish does not come good for us when he comes back, hopefully this weekend.
Darren Nicholls is a 7 who's played lower grades at Brisbane and Souths as well as some lower grade rep footy.
Sam Williams has talent but he's one of those players who can have a solid game followed by a bunch of average games. Not consistent enough.
Josh Cleeland is a 6 from Cronulla who played in the Qld cup grand final winning side last year that beat Penrith in the after grand final championship. Don't know a lot about him but he's apparently playing well or Cronulla's NSW Cup team. (Brown is under contract).
Cullen from the Gold Coast goes good at 6 or 7, he's not a big bloke but has done well in his limited NRL games. (Gold Coast wont release Elgy)
Brodie Croft from Melbourne is a youngster with plenty of wraps and in his NRL game this year looked pretty good.
Ben Hampton from Melbourne can play 6 and 7, hasn't been able to nail down an NR spot in the halves but has some talent. A change of club could help?
Mofoa'aeata Hingano from the Warriors has a lot of talent and just as many wraps. He's a 6.
At the risk of being howled down by some on here, Justin Hunt can play 6 and 7, has a good kicking game, very elusive runner. Going good at the Tigers at 7.
There's not really much else talent on offer at the moment unless we looked over seas at perhaps et Tiger Jacob Miller who is a good attacking player but average defender.

IFR33K

Coach
if the roosters decide to keep Hastings, there's the other half that's been playing the past few weeks. Connor I think his name is. Also could matterson be an option?

strider

Post Whore
Apparently there is a good chance the Administrator will appoint a Football club CEO, and football manager by end of the week, then turn to positions etc at the Leagues club

Seems quick, but may well assist in signings etc
Well Fitzy already has the experience, so ....

ash411

Bench
I like the idea of getting in a young talented half to partner Corey.

Someone who can stick around at the club for a good number of years and really develop into the role. I hope they don't go down the road of trying to get an older half that has maybe 1 or two good years left in them, then have to go through this whole process again, or worse, be unwilling to punt them when they start to decline (we've seen that before at Parra).

Hastings seems like he'd be a good value pick up, and if he's a bit of a smart arse, he'll probably grow out of it, and if not, the boys should be able to sort him out.