What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

One more minimum, Timmy needs to be tapped as well the poor bastard looks completely busted.
yeah but he is cheap with the long serving player allowance.
So Alvaro, Timmy, Matagi, Evans, Vave in the middle at this stage for 2018. Teropo as well maybe?
But really apart from Vave they are all light weights. We need one more big bloke.
Size matters.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
yeah but he is cheap with the long serving player allowance.
So Alvaro, Timmy, Matagi, Evans, Vave in the middle at this stage for 2018. Teropo as well maybe?
But really apart from Vave they are all light weights. We need one more big bloke.
Size matters.
Doesn't matter how cheap he is if he isn't first grade standard anymore. And he's not the only player we can used the allowance on now so that excuse for keeping him around doesn't wash anymore.

Currently it's a pretty average line up to be honest. Evans could go either way.

If that's our prop rotation for next
season Brown and the edge backrowers will again be doing plenty of work.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
that why he failed at bulldogs? that why Reynolds called him useless? that why dogs want rid of him? that part of reason dogs are playing so poor?
u know footy hey pau?
bahahahahahahaha
How has he failed? He's played 58 games in less than three years, winning half of them. He has never been dropped and still has a decade of footy in front of him.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
So the Long Playing Service Allowance is "for eligible players who have played more than six continuous years of grade football with that club including Holden Cup and NSW Cup."

Whats considered grade football?

At the moment, just including Holden Cup, NSW Cup and FG we only have 3 players in our squad this year eligible. Mannah, Peni and Ualesi. Next year Folau and Pritchard would be eligible.

Chipmunk

Coach
So the Long Playing Service Allowance is "for eligible players who have played more than six continuous years of grade football with that club including Holden Cup and NSW Cup."

Whats considered grade football?

At the moment, just including Holden Cup, NSW Cup and FG we only have 3 players in our squad this year eligible. Mannah, Peni and Ualesi. Next year Folau and Pritchard would be eligible.

Well you only really need one to get the allowance, but you probably want two in case you offload one of them, With the likes of Moeroa, Ma'u, Edwards and possibly Semi and eventually probably Norman also coming into the equation soon then there isn't as big a need for the 5 above for too much longer.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Well you only really need one to get the allowance, but you probably want two in case you offload one of them, With the likes of Moeroa, Ma'u, Edwards and possibly Semi and eventually probably Norman also coming into the equation soon then there isn't as big a need for the 5 above for too much longer.

Manu, Kenny and Tep wont be eligible until 2019, Normy until 2020, and Semi won't be eligible at all because he is leaving.

Glenneel

Bench
How much do merkins think Mannah is worth under the current cap?
$250-300k max but bet paid more. My main concern about Mannah is the number of head knocks he keeps getting. I don't think he has much of a future because of this so we need someone to replace him. Both IDG & Mannah should be tapped on shoulder and told to have medical retirements.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
$250-300k max but bet paid more.
When I first wrote that post this is exactly how much I said I thought he was worth. I decided to delete it before posting so as not to sway the responses.

As for how much he's actually getting, I'm sure some of our players are on overs but none by much. If you don't pay overs you'll end up with 25 players but well under the cap, and non-competitive. Sometimes you have to pay overs.

Would Mannah be on overs? He's more likely than most (but less likely than Moses/Norman/Jennings/Ma'u). Being a fan favourite (I'm talking about mums and tragics) plus a great club spokesman would up his price a bit. The long service allowance would have justified overs in recent years too (if not this year). I could cop him on $350k. I doubt he'd be on more.
My main concern about Mannah is the number of head knocks he keeps getting. I don't think he has much of a future because of this so we need someone to replace him. Both IDG & Mannah should be tapped on shoulder and told to have medical retirements.
Or at least get some headgear.

IFR33K

Coach
$250-300k max but bet paid more. My main concern about Mannah is the number of head knocks he keeps getting. I don't think he has much of a future because of this so we need someone to replace him. Both IDG & Mannah should be tapped on shoulder and told to have medical retirements.

He's gone off for head knocks, but how many HIA's has he actually failed???? As soon as a player grabs at his head he's getting assessed. f**k me I've seen a player go off for a hia after copping a shoulder knock. Should they retire too?

Dibs

Bench
He's gone off for head knocks, but how many HIA's has he actually failed???? As soon as a player grabs at his head he's getting assessed. f**k me I've seen a player go off for a hia after copping a shoulder knock. Should they retire too?
I can't remember who but in a game against us a few weeks ago someone hurt their knee or ankle and went off for a hia

It's fine if it happens after 25 minutes. The problem is that it seems to happen earlier, and frigs up our prop rotation.