What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Stevie

Bench
Tevita Pangai Jnr has reportedly met with Newcastle Knights officials as his future still remains unclear. It was almost certain he would re-sign with the Brisbane Broncos after Bennett publically stated so however, this rumoured meeting throws a spanner in the works.

Source : NRL updates on Facebook

Question - Why are not Parra going hard for him?

chiefy1

Bench
Tevita Pangai Jnr has reportedly met with Newcastle Knights officials as his future still remains unclear. It was almost certain he would re-sign with the Brisbane Broncos after Bennett publically stated so however, this rumoured meeting throws a spanner in the works.

Too young for Parramatta.

And why do you think that Parra aren't going hard for him (in either sense of the phrase)?

hindy111

Post Whore

Id love Bennet to cum as coach and bring this guy with him along with Lodge.

eels_fan

First Grade
Why do people think players are just like groceries in a supermarket where you just say “I’m taking you” and that’s it, done deal.

We about to get a third spoon in 6 years, there is a question mark over the long term future of our coach, have a history of boardroom issues, and lack a superstar on the roster - I’d say that makes us in the lower echelon of clubs players would wish to go to - unless we’re happy to pay overs.

I’m sure BA would love TPJ, but it seems he’s only interested in Newcastle outside of staying at Brisbane.

hindy111

Post Whore
Why do people think players are just like groceries in a supermarket where you just say “I’m taking you” and that’s it, done deal.

We about to get a third spoon in 6 years, there is a question mark over the long term future of our coach, have a history of boardroom issues, and lack a superstar on the roster - I’d say that makes us in the lower echelon of clubs players would wish to go to - unless we’re happy to pay overs.

I’m sure BA would love TPJ, but it seems he’s only interested in Newcastle outside of staying at Brisbane.

I dont think so. To most players a club like Parra means they can live in Sydney. Id say lot of players wouldnt want too live in NZ,Canberra,Newcastle,NthQld,Gold coast. Just wouldn't appeal to them. Parra then has a new stadium and one of the strongest supporter base and Herritage of all NRL clubs. Dont try and sell the club like it is the minnows. It has more appeal then atleast 50% of teams. It also has a roster where a player would realise they are a chance of finals in 2019 and future.Only a moron would not give us a chance.

If I was a player id chose Eels over Tigers and Knights. Forget ladder position I reckon Eels have a better roster moving forward. They also have signed 2 very high quality players plus Lane, so a class player would know that their addition would only further improve the team.

Stevie

Bench
I dont think so. To most players a club like Parra means they can live in Sydney. Id say lot of players wouldnt want too live in NZ,Canberra,Newcastle,NthQld,Gold coast. Just wouldn't appeal to them. Parra then has a new stadium and one of the strongest supporter base and Herritage of all NRL clubs. Dont try and sell the club like it is the minnows. It has more appeal then atleast 50% of teams. It also has a roster where a player would realise they are a chance of finals in 2019 and future.Only a moron would not give us a chance.

If I was a player id chose Eels over Tigers and Knights. Forget ladder position I reckon Eels have a better roster moving forward. They also have signed 2 very high quality players plus Lane, so a class player would know that their addition would only further improve the team.

Fact is we have to overpay for star as we are today. If he is offered 650k, we might have to offer 850k.

Get it done.