What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
I’d be passing on both. Michael Jennings is slow. Melbourne are releasing Chambers. I think they are the same age, whilst we are giving Jennings 2 more years ?

One year I could understand but 2? No chance.

Chambers is being released bc he is inconsistent and has become a poor defender.

Bazal

Post Whore
Marata looked much more impressive when moved to the middle to when he was on an edge.

I dunno, he was braining it on the edge early in the year.

I think he's probably a better middle given his skill set but I just think we need to pick a role for him and stick with it as much as possible. He started to look less effective when he was playing both IMO.

84 Baby

Referee
If he got a bit more aggressive in defence, I’d earmark Decore for Nrowns spot. Either way he could do with being a bit more aggressive

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
RCG and Evans’s’s games are fairly similar. It’ll likely come down to motor sizes but I think a good RCG game is slightly more bankable than an Evans one. Ultimately as long as they do their efforts to their rotations, it doesn’t really matter

As we've seen this year you don't want a massive drop off when you bring your bench on. RCG is a better player than Evans at their best and from what I've seen of RCG he's at his best coming off the bench.

emjaycee

Coach
As we've seen this year you don't want a massive drop off when you bring your bench on. RCG is a better player than Evans at their best and from what I've seen of RCG he's at his best coming off the bench.
Personally I think our best middle rotation involves Paulo, RCG, Alvaro, Evans and Brown. But then my preference is always to carry a bench of 2 middles, 1 edge and 1 dummy half/backs coverage.

84 Baby

Referee
If everyone is doing their role, then a start of Jnr/RCG could/is more likely to allow both of them to play longer stints as each of them would likely take workload off the other, more so than Evans.

84 Baby

Referee
Personally I think our best middle rotation involves Paulo, RCG, Alvaro, Evans and Brown. But then my preference is always to carry a bench of 2 middles, 1 edge and 1 dummy half/backs coverage.
Well assuming we sign your mystery Mau replacement, I’d say our bench would be RCG/Evans, Alvaro (slimmed down preferably), Decore and Taka/Salmon/backup hooker. Extended bench would include Torpedo, Stefano/Kaufusi, Gennings, whoever the f**k we have in top 30

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Well assuming we sign your mystery Mau replacement, I’d say our bench would be RCG/Evans, Alvaro (slimmed down preferably), Decore and Taka/Salmon/backup hooker. Extended bench would include Torpedo, Stefano/Kaufusi, Gennings, whoever the f**k we have in top 30
Will Smith

Soto

Bench
I’d be passing on both. Michael Jennings is slow. Melbourne are releasing Chambers. I think they are the same age, whilst we are giving Jennings 2 more years ?

One year I could understand but 2? No chance.
I wish we could land Curtis Scott instead...then we would have one of the best backlines..as well as Jennings played this year I can only see him starting to struggle in more games in the next few years..agree 2 years is a lot. 1yr with 1yr option would have been a better outcome for us..succession planning..Parry? Another centre?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think everyone's better coming off the bench because they're up against weaker defences.

It's similar to how everyone attacks better out wide.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I think everyone's better coming off the bench because they're up against weaker defences.

It's similar to how everyone attacks better out wide.

Not everyone. I believe Daniel Alvaro is a better starting player than a bench, same as Nathan Brown. RCG, like Mannah, seems to inject himself straight away off the bench whereas some players have to warm into the task and by then the game has passed them by and the starters are back on.

parra_jesus

Juniors
Does anybody know about the specifics of jennings contract? All i have heard is a 2 year deal. Is it it a 2 year flat line deal, or a 1 year contract, with a year option ?(clubs favor preferably)Because that would be the most logical strategy moving forward for both parties

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What's most logical for Jennings is getting as much money as possible while he still can.

What it means for the club is that we could get him cheaper per-year by offering the extra year.

Does anybody know about the specifics of jennings contract? All i have heard is a 2 year deal. Is it it a 2 year flat line deal, or a 1 year contract, with a year option ?(clubs favor preferably)Because that would be the most logical strategy moving forward for both parties

I've heard no mention of an option. But who knows? The second year may be at a very modest price, which nevertheless gives MJ a guaranteed minimum salary if he can't find a better payday in the UK.

Gronk

Staff member
Now Brent Read on 360 says Frizell won't be leaving Dragons. FFS!
giphy.gif

Latest posts