What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Which everyone on the panel said was not the right way. The head coach should have the final say, their job and head is on the line based on the results of the team - so he should be getting the final say
There are potential conflict of interest issues with this. And nobody's getting the sack for outcomes outside of their control unless they agree to such clauses in their employment contract.

lucablight

First Grade
Maybe they found jobs for his 20 closest relatives? Maybe Keno threw him a TPA? Maybe someone sold his parents a five bedroom house in Minchinbury for $100k?

The bigger question is why no other club wanted him. He’s happy to leave in 2025.
Minchinbury isn’t that far from Parramatta. Maybe we should find those 100k houses for the relos of players we want to keep.
Phil Gould said on the 6 tackles podcast that he convinced Luai to bide his time.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Didn't BA and Daniel Anderson have a fallout as well when DA was basically doing a similar role to MON before the salary cap debacle.

I noticed BA wasnt anywhere to be seen or heard when the Daniel Anderson's fundraisers were happening last year it had more people from the Chooks and Warriors then Parramatta.

Considering they worked together for 3 or 4 years clearly the friendship wasn't there that BA would go to support him.

Might sense a pattern emerging there with BA.
He dosent need his hand held mate ffs.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Yeah and while we're at it we could lure Politis away from the Roosters.

Did he say how?
I believe he said that he just told him that he needed to bide his time and that the opportunities elsewhere would be no greater than at Penrith

Also, how would you know what we pay management and coaching staff - it is entirely possible that we pay them more than the panthers pay their staff - it may just be that the panthers guys have done a better job

In fact, Matt Cameron started at Penrith in a junior development role before transitioning to a management role - MON was sourced and appointed in this specific role, so it is likely he costs more

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I believe he said that he just told him that he needed to bide his time and that the opportunities elsewhere would be no greater than at Penrith

Also, how would you know what we pay management and coaching staff - it is entirely possible that we pay them more than the panthers pay their staff - it may just be that the panthers guys have done a better job

In fact, Matt Cameron started at Penrith in a junior development role before transitioning to a management role - MON was sourced and appointed in this specific role, so it is likely he costs more
We headhunted a guy sacked from the Tigers, just let that sink in.

No wonder we are where we are.

He gets the money. Not the club. The club loses a half they have developed.
Steal is a reasonable descriptor.

Really? In what sense? Buying rights that are not owned by someone else is far from stealing. If they kidnapped him mid-contract that would be closer to stealing. 'Developing' a play doesn't give you rights to their future beyond those in their contract. Did we steal him from his former junior club/school/pre-school/creche?

Glenneel

Bench
Out of curiosity, when does your shift end? About 2-230? And Pou clocks on straight after for a twelve hour monster?

it’s a helluva devoted watch that you guys are undertaking….you may even be rewarded with a BA extension if there is any justice!
Very dedicated, always chasing the collision.

yy_cheng

Coach
All this talk i wonder if ba had a say in signing Lussick, moimoisea, davey, murchie. It looked like he did coz he picked them pretty early into the team

King-Gutho94

Coach
All this talk i wonder if ba had a say in signing Lussick, moimoisea, davey, murchie. It looked like he did coz he picked them pretty early into the team
Lussick is Gutho's brother in law.

No doubt that played a part.

I thought Lussick was a decent signing at the time. His performances for us in 2021 when Reed was out were pretty good.

I always thought if Lussick was fit for the Penrith semi-final and not Ray Stone we probably win.

He did one 40/20 in round 1 this year but other then that he has been pretty ordinary.

Latest posts