What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just on your acquisitions from the Panthers can I say they are all potentially good signings.

Matagi whose obvious strength is his ball running, hit's it up with gusto every time. Can be a lazy defender so that it his downside.

Will Smith is a player I really like but doesn't always have the confidence to match his ability when called upon at the top level. I think he is NRL quality but really needs to back himself, something he didn't always do with us.

George Jennings career with the Panthers was ruined by serious injury. Showed he has the ability to play in the NRL but have to be doubts given his injury woes.

I wish them all well with you guys, particularly Will Smith who I would love to see make it at the top level he really is exciting to watch when he is on song.
Cheers merkin

Kilkenny

Coach
No need for sorry "Cheers merkin" is the highest form of praise Pou can offer ... other than "f**k your eyes" of course

I don't normally post in other clubs forum so not aware of individuals traits.

Matagi only played one season with us so no sentiment attached to his leaving. Jennings was a junior whom most Panthers fans hoped would succeed with us so disappointing he wasn't able to fulfill his undoubted talent mainly due to injury. Will Smith was a Knights junior but played three seasons with us, including NRL games 2014-2016. He is a utility type player which unfortunately doesn't always work in the players favour. For Will's sake he probably needs to find his rightful position and he if get's he crack in first grade with the Eels hopefully make every post a winner.

Gronk

Staff member
Looms like Wicks had a job to go to.

RUGBY LEAGUE: Former Parramatta Eels hardman Danny Wicks has already begun writing the next chapter of his career, agreeing to come on board as captain-coach of the Grafton Ghosts for 2017.

Wicks, who had only signed a two-year contract extension with the Eels earlier this year, retired from the National Rugby League last week to return home to the Clarence Valley.

Now the Ghosts junior will be returning to his spiritual home at Frank McGuren Field as the club pushes to dethrone 2016 premiers and cross-river rivals South Grafton Rebels.

It was music to the ears of Ghosts president Joe Kinnane, who said the club has made the "turnaround of the century” since a dismal turnout at their annual general meeting a fortnight ago.

"Danny is a local junior coming back home to his club,” Kinnane said. "It has made a big, big difference to the Ghosts.

http://www.chinchillanews.com.au/news/wicks-coming-home-to-take-reins-at-the-ghosts/3112571/

Gronk

Staff member
More of the same if Napa goes to Brisbane then Hunt to Eels.

Broncos transfers

Brisbane have been busy trying to make some moves in the transfer market. There was some talk that Ben Hunt could be leaving and going to Parramatta. This may open the door for Gold Coast halfback Tyrone Roberts, a Wayne Bennett favourite, to join the club. But for now it seems that Hunt isn't going anywhere. The Eels could do with a quality half after Kieran Foran left. The Broncos are keen on luring Dylan Napa to Queensland, but the Roosters are desperate to keep him.

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_24142-off-the-record-rugby-league-rumour-and-gossip-62.html

Gronk

Staff member
@ Oztag promotion for kids

97221b35fb3eb2c1b7a4298697d4c6b3

New Eels signing Suaia Matagi has a run with some of the MCW players. Matagi regularly visits the group of an afternoon and loves what the initiative represents. Picture: Justin Sanson

Latest posts