What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep, both Edwards and Manu have gotten tries this season.

Not as many as the Manly edge forwards who have scored 17 of Manly's total 78 tries though. Which might be why we have purchased the guy who has scored 7 of them.
He has even outscored Kikau (and C H-N) who have only crossed the line 5 times each which is understandable given that Penrith's edge forwards have only scored 13 times out of their total of 77 tries.

So none for Tepai T rex Niaukore

Eelementary

Post Whore
Triple M just now:
"Parramatta fans stay tuned- it looks like your recruitment for 2019 has only begun."

I bet it's a story on how Auva'a retired...

Noise

Coach
So it seems Marty was just meeting some eels liason officer who he is friends with, not Peter Sharp...and the Roosters are looking to sign him.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/3d272db1d015978c7af25eab9566b300

DEAN RITCHIE, EXCLUSIVE, The Daily Telegraph
24 minutes ago
Subscriber only
NEW Zealand Test prop Marty Taupau is becoming increasingly likely to quit Manly after this season and sign with the Sydney Roosters.

The Daily Telegraph understands Taupau has met with Roosters chairman Nick Politis about a surprise shift to Bondi after feeling unwanted at Manly after being privately shopped around to rival clubs earlier this season.

He will consider seeking a release in the next few weeks.

Manly are likely to approve Taupau’s release although incoming coach, John Cartwright, may seek a “clear-the-air’ conversation with the Kiwi enforcer.

73f0227a7dba749a3c31a560c67b365e

Taupau feels unwanted at Manly. AAP Image/Brendan Esposito.
Taupau’s back-ended deal next at Manly, which expires at the end of 2020, means he is in for a bumper payday next season, upwards of $900,000.

Well-placed sources claim Taupau will eventually land in Bondi in what would be a crippling blow following Manly’s season from hell.

A photo emerged on social media on Thursday appearing to show Taupau in a cafe with Parramatta officials.

The Daily Telegraph has learned that Taupau was meeting a friend, who is a member of Parramatta’s welfare department. The staff member is not involved recruitment and Parramatta claim they have no interest in Taupau.

Taupau, who has run for nearly 150 metres a game this year, was left angry when Manly shopped him around earlier this season without his knowledge.

50ad5e62e03327b41fb52b42799b88f5

Will the Roosters land the big man? Photo by Brendon Thorne/Getty Images.
At that stage, Cronulla showed considerable interest and the Roosters were also approached. Those clubs pulled out though when told Manly wanted the full amount of Taupau’s contract.

It is understood the Sharks, at that point, actually made an offer.

By potentially offloading Taupau, a salary-cap restricted Manly would have room to move in the player market next season.

There is continued speculation the Manly playing roster is split into two groups who professionally play together but aren’t close off the field.

According to insiders, Taupau feels “unloved” and now “does his own thing.”

Taupau’s mood didn’t improve after starting from the bench against Wests Tigers last Thursday night at Campbelltown Stadium.

The Roosters may look to reshape their salary cap should the club proceed with signing Taupau, given they have already signed Angus Crichton for next season on top of their 2018 recruitment drive that netted Cooper Cronk and James Tedesco.

7fc753dca224d2a17cc71482bfee7eed

Manly cannot afford to lose Taupau. Photo by Jason McCawley/Getty Images.
Coach Trent Robinson’s side already boast some first-class front-rowers, including Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Dylan Napa, Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Lindsay Collins, Zane Tetevano and the retiring Frank-Paul Nuuausala.

Just last month, Taupau confronted rumours about his future by saying: “There are a lot of rumours getting thrown around but I hear it externally so I jump on Twitter and my name is getting thrown around left right and centre.

“But I don’t know, I’m contracted here until 2020. Under contract I can’t do anything. Of course I’m here next year. You know what it’s like here.”

Taupau has made 85 tackle busts this season.