What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Being the only back up option probably does though 🤓
This will be my first and last defence of Jake at 7 until Moses is back. If you saw him play last night, you’d see a kid who is slow and can’t run the ball. What he did do great is make his tackles, spread the ball with a great Mahoney like pass, get repeat sets with grubbers and follow a game plan. Nobody in the club has a kicking game like Moses, so stop looking.

He’s a backup half and clubs with good halfbacks don’t usually have gun halfbacks warehoused in reggies. They usually get picked off by clubs with shit halves.

As @Twizzle said, Brown is stepping up as a playmaker and you will see that he is often first receiver now when the ball is on the left.

We don’t need to weaken our fullback and move Gutho there, when Gutho can just play his role and be the extra 5/8 anyway.

Losing a million $ playmaker is not easy and this loss will f**k us over, but as @Poupou Escobar said the games we lose over the next month will be because of the broken finger to the gun 7, not because the backup teenager who replaced him. Sadly I suspect that these pages will suggest otherwise.

I’ll get in first before I get flamed by the usual suspects. Get f**ked. I’m right and you don’t know rugba leeg. 🥸

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This will be my first and last defence of Jake at 7 until Moses is back. If you saw him play last night, you’d see a kid who is slow and can’t run the ball. What he did do great is make his tackles, spread the ball with a great Mahoney like pass, get repeat sets with grubbers and follow a game plan. Nobody in the club has a kicking game like Moses, so stop looking.

He’s a backup half and clubs with good halfbacks don’t usually have gun halfbacks warehoused in reggies. They usually get picked off by clubs with shit halves.

As @Twizzle said, Brown is stepping up as a playmaker and you will see that he is often first receiver now when the ball is on the left.

We don’t need to weaken our fullback and move Gutho there, when Gutho can just play his role and be the extra 5/8 anyway.

Losing a million $ playmaker is not easy and this loss will f**k us over, but as @Poupou Escobar said the games we lose over the next month will be because of the broken finger to the gun 7, not because the backup teenager who replaced him. Sadly I suspect that these pages will suggest otherwise.

I’ll get in first before I get flamed by the usual suspects. Get f**ked. I’m right and you don’t know rugba leeg. 🥸
1 - Russell
6 - Guth
7 - Brown

Jakey - 7 NSW Cup. He can learn his trade in NSW Cup where he belongs atm. It won’t happen but it should, I’ve seen nothing from Jake to suggest he’s up to first grade standard atm.

IFR33K

Coach

yeah nah. Average defender and can’t run. Haven’t seen much of his passing game to suggest he’s got a decent one.

he may be ok in NSW cup, but he’s by far the worst nrl player I’ve watched this year.

Avenger

Immortal

IFR33K

Coach
BA and the club have clearly already locked it in already as Paulo and Penisini both said on radio today Jakey will be 7.

we’ve got 2 spots left to fill in before the August 1 deadline. If Ba isn’t on the phone atm to managers then he’s a bigger fruit cake than we give him credit for

Legal Eel

Juniors
You happy with this selection if it ends up being true?
Personally, I’m not happy with JA at half at all as he is truly not up to first grade standard in any way.

But the coach has constructed a squad with only one back up half, so that when this happens the only real option is his son - so we are stuck with him whether we like it or not

I know that the BA boys (led stoically by Pou and Gronk) have and will defend this to the death, but the true failure by BA is not that Jake will be selected, it’s that Jake is the only real option in this circumstance.

And this isn’t a suggestion that BA is responsible for recruitment, it is a suggestion that BA hasn’t utilized what is available in his squad because of clear nepotism in preferring a clearly inferior player (at this point) at all times

Incorrect

Coach

Couple of observations...

Noticeable you @'d a couple of fellow BA/JA lickspittles so they can jump on here and support you. Strength in numbers I guess....

But the most perplexing part of your post is this part.... "We don’t need to weaken our fullback and move Gutho there".... Weren't you one of the people defending the option to weaken our number 6 by moving Drown to the centres and insert JA??

FTR - I'm ok with JA playing 7 while Moses is injured. Playing in the halves off the bench is the issue I've had since day one....

Legal Eel

Juniors

Typical willful ignorance.

Of course we all hope the kid succeeds against all odds because that would mean parramatta wins…but the reality is that it hasn’t been right to have him in the top 30 based on any metric or reasoning all year.

To suggest otherwise is willful and stubborn ignorance