What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Smartman

Juniors
And that's why poorly-run clubs remain poorly-run.

He's not worth $1 million a season, regardless of who else is available.

I am astounded that we are even thinking of offering him this much.
Perfect timing for himself and his manager. The halfback market cupboard is bare. Gus pulled out because his manager was asking for too much. It’s between the eels and the desperate tigpies for a very good but not elite halfback.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You dont think BA is the most important vote on such matters.
Think Fui, French, Mannah, Nrown and probably others I cant think of. You think the "Committee" decided to freeze these players out?
The coach can decide not to pick them, but since Mad Max professionalised the club we now have more decision makers, and the coach focuses on coaching. The improved results are obvious.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think BA was banking on Marty Taupau who had verbally agreed from what I heard before a 11th hour approach from Brisbane the day before he was due to sign with us.

I think our best hope is to pickup Sirronen, promote Cini for depth and then look for another prop that isn’t getting game time at another club.

Maka, Momo, Greig and Ogden are all not top 17 players. They can be extended replacements, but they can’t be in our regular choice team.

RCG
Hodgson
Paulo
Lane
Doorey
Hoogood

bench of

Matto
Murchie / Carty
Sirro
*insert genuine prop here.*
Sironen is better than Doorey.

IFR33K

Coach
Well if the rumour is correct it makes sense. Lets see how quickly Nrown recovers from his "injury" and we may have our answer.
Good luck to Nrown. I hope he kills it. Hes been a loyal and fantastic player for us only to be dumped unceremoniously.

Put his body thru torture. I can’t see his injury being to bad if roosters only signed him for this year.

Noise

Coach
BA doesn’t trust the middles on the bench so he barely plays them. BA trusts Brown in a GF but not regular games. Brown, one of the few middles who could be trusted to do a job at a first grade level is released. BA continues to have to select merkins he doesn’t trust on the field but wont put on the field. BA and MON have gone full re-tard

Soto

Bench
Sironen is better than Doorey.
A fwd pack
RCG
Hodgo
Jnr
Lane
Sirro
Hopgood
Is a seriously good fwd pack
Bench
Asi
Matto
Doorey/Murchie/Carty
Greig

Is also a decent bench. Greig can be a weapon. Needs more minutes and belief. Seems like supercoach doesn't rate him.
Unleash the beast in him.
However Murchie is not a middle and absolutely wasted and used incorrectly
Matto and Greig should be the middles or Matto plays the link role when he comes on Hopgood plays prop until Jnr and RCG come back on.
There is a good team there. Up to the coach to extract the best out of them and have more than front loading.
Confidence comes from defence...we are still poor around the ruck and teams expose us with up tempo, quick play the balls and dummy half running.
Having new backrowers this year has probably thrown us a little bit. From what I've seen Doorey hits and tackles well (not sure on his tackle efficiency)
Lack of Lane is hurting us. Let's not forget as good as Papali'i was offensively he had some shocking defensive lapses last year with his missed tackles sometimes surpassing double digits in games...got worse the more minutes he played..

Chipmunk

Coach
BA doesn’t trust the middles on the bench so he barely plays them. BA trusts Brown in a GF but not regular games. Brown, one of the few middles who could be trusted to do a job at a first grade level is released. BA continues to have to select merkins he doesn’t trust on the field but wont put on the field. BA and MON have gone full re-tard
This decision, if there is no adequate replacement, is a disgrace.

Chipmunk

Coach
A fwd pack
RCG
Hodgo
Jnr
Lane
Sirro
Hopgood
Is a seriously good fwd pack
Bench
Asi
Matto
Doorey/Murchie/Carty
Greig

Is also a decent bench. Greig can be a weapon. Needs more minutes and belief. Seems like supercoach doesn't rate him.
Unleash the beast in him.
However Murchie is not a middle and absolutely wasted and used incorrectly
Matto and Greig should be the middles or Matto plays the link role when he comes on Hopgood plays prop until Jnr and RCG come back on.
There is a good team there. Up to the coach to extract the best out of them and have more than front loading.
Confidence comes from defence...we are still poor around the ruck and teams expose us with up tempo, quick play the balls and dummy half running.
Having new backrowers this year has probably thrown us a little bit. From what I've seen Doorey hits and tackles well (not sure on his tackle efficiency)
Lack of Lane is hurting us. Let's not forget as good as Papali'i was offensively he had some shocking defensive lapses last year with his missed tackles sometimes surpassing double digits in games...got worse the more minutes he played..
You're allowed 8 interchanges, you're likely only going to use 7 in case something happens.

What are your 7 interchanges?

Gronk

Staff member
Will Buzz and that other gibberer Crawley still defend the Roosters and their no dickhead policy, now they have signed Nrown ?

Kornstar

Coach
Had too much power for a long time though and it happens when you have been in the joint for over a decade. To think he is now our longest serving coach makes me vomit in my mouth a little. Brian Smith was a rocket scientist compared to this 'chase the collision' one stop shop.

And both have made 1 GF at the club. One could say that BS purchased a premiership (the Bulldogs players) and still choked it away.

It's good to see this place hasn't changed.

Enjoy the season all, looks like you're off to a great start!!

SneakyEel

Juniors
Matto will share the 9 & 10 work with Jnr and Reg. 53 mins each with the occasional big bopper, hopefully Emu supporting. Hopgood will play 80 I reckon. Dorey and Lane will be our edges. Cini and Penisini must be our centres. Our other wing is a huge issue. LumiLumi or Komalafe are the leading contenders I reckon unless we go to market.
Reckon we should have a crack at Momirovski and shift Waqa back to the wing. We're a better team defensively when Waqa's on the wing. Has anyone heard as well that Nathan Brown is being released so we can sign Sironen there's been a lot of talk around Sironen is he actually a chance of coming?

Last edited:

Soto

Bench
You're allowed 8 interchanges, you're likely only going to use 7 in case something happens.

What are your 7 interchanges?
Matto, Greig definites and u make an assessment based on Hodgo/back with Asi or one of the backrowers if they need a rest
I don't think we need to over think it.
Plan for 80% of the changes and yes have 1 or 2 up your sleeve for rest, injury etc as the game plays out. But to not use a player entirely is just plain dumb