What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Sivo and Guth contract ends 2025. Guth has had 3 x knee recos plus a clean up last year . He will be 31 when his contract ends in 2025. I mean who knows how his body will be for 2026 as far as extensions goes. I'd be very cautious come Nov 1 when he starts asking about extensions. Lets see him this year. I won't write him off but so far he has looked a bit sluggish.
Gutho could be offered a position on the coaching staff. This is where he could end up imo.

Gronk

Staff member
My one criticism of him is he hogs the ball too much lately. There are opportunities to pass to players in better position but he gets tackled with it.
Last games, NRL stats says that the “passes to run ratio” are:

Tedesco 0.83%
Edwards 0.71%
Gutherson 0.76%
Trbojevic 1.0%
Mitchell 0.53%
Sloane 0.38%
Drinkwater 1.23%
Bulla 0.56%
Kennedy 0.64%
Ponga 0.79%
Papenhuyzen 1.36%

I’m going to assume that Turbo is the best in the biz, so extrapolate from there.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Last games, NRL stats says that the “passes to run ratio” are:

Tedesco 0.83%
Edwards 0.71%
Gutherson 0.76%
Trbojevic 1.0%
Mitchell 0.53%
Sloane 0.38%
Drinkwater 1.23%
Bulla 0.56%
Kennedy 0.64%
Ponga 0.79%
Papenhuyzen 1.36%

I’m going to assume that Turbo is the best in the biz, so extrapolate from there.
Statistically speaking, those numbers are very unclear.

Pazza

First Grade
So much talk about the future. I don't think there is going to be a huge amount of change for next year but I reckon Blaize, Guymer and MA are all going to be top 17 next season.

Avenger

Immortal
So much talk about the future. I don't think there is going to be a huge amount of change for next year but I reckon Blaize, Guymer and MA are all going to be top 17 next season.
I agree. They will be taking places of players that have already left this season. (Momoisea and Rodwell) plus Cini who will also be on the outer.

Gronk

Staff member
Joey is signed for 2025. Boods is on a Dev contract for 2025, so he is eligible to play NRL. At the moment they are chalk and cheese, don’t you think ?

Guymer, yes.

Off contract are; Makka, Ogden and Taumoepenu so there is room for some kids. I see that Sam Tuivaiti is top 30 with Moretti in 2025.

Pazza

First Grade
Joey is signed for 2025. Boods is on a Dev contract for 2025, so he is eligible to play NRL. At the moment they are chalk and cheese, don’t you think ?

Guymer, yes.

Off contract are; Makka, Ogden and Taumoepenu so there is room for some kids. I see that Sam Tuivaiti is top 30 with Moretti in 2025.

I'd say MA goes into the 14, that skillset could be super handy against tired defense.

Guymer replaces lane

Blaize keeps that left centre spot.

Gronk

Staff member
And the benefits off attacking out of dummy half
So what teams do have a two hooker system ? Do they do it because their main hooker can’t play 80 or do they do it because a rested #1 hooker and a fesh #2 hooker is better than a tired #1 hooker and the bench used for other purposes?

Cam Smith was the best in the biz. Did he ever get rested ? Why not ? Would he have been rested in 2024 ?

I notice that Bennett plays JMK for 80 when he’s fit and able.

Pazza

First Grade
So what teams do have a two hooker system ? Do they do it because their main hooker can’t play 80 or do they do it because a rested #1 hooker and a fesh #2 hooker is better than a tired #1 hooker and the bench used for other purposes?

Cam Smith was the best in the biz. Did he ever get rested ? Why not ? Would he have been rested in 2024 ?

I notice that Bennett plays JMK for 80 when he’s fit and able.

Cam Smith is the best player to ever play. If he can play 80... obviously he's going to.

I've always liked a bit of spark off the bench ie a Dennis Moran or a PJ Marsh.

But i guess bushie prefers a 7 minute stint by a makatoa for example

Latest posts