What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cam Smith is the best player to ever play. If he can play 80... obviously he's going to.

I've always liked a bit of spark off the bench ie a Dennis Moran or a PJ Marsh.

But i guess bushie prefers a 7 minute stint by a makatoa for example
You're assuming you have a player good enough to make a difference out of dummy half who is willing to play limited minutes off the bench. This sort of player isn't common. It's not like the 90s where the ruck was extremely loose, and a little nippy failed halfback could be brought on to exploit all the space. Even when we had Marsh (a quality hooker) on the bench we had Riddell as the other hooker who could play edge forward effectively, so the two weren't forced to split only 80 minutes between them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kelma is going to get lit up for that tpj impersonation
Arthur's has said in the past that he's happy for his edge forwards to be that aggressive in defence, so I believe what's required in that situation is for the middle defenders to follow each other out toward that gap Trbojevic went through. In that case, it was Moretti's responsibility to plug that hole and the next middle defender's to stay close to Moretti, etc.

I do wonder what Arthur's thought of Moretti stopping when he bumped into Jurbo. Moretti was right that it was an obstruction, but that was only picked up on the review. If Turbo or a support runner had been tackled and Manly scored on the next play, it would be fair to say Moretti should've made more of an effort to plug the hole despite the obstruction.

Tiger5150

Bench
Parramatta is also in western Sydney.
So West Tigers Junior Reps are Parramatta Junior Reps now?

Remind me who Api plays for again?

you can be a weird argumentative merkin mate.....I make the point that Turuva has a first cousin who plays for the Wests Tigers and 4 cousins in Wests Tigers junior reps and your rebuke is Para is in Western Sydney?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

you can be a weird argumentative merkin mate.....I make the point that Turuva has a first cousin who plays for the Wests Tigers and 4 cousins in Wests Tigers junior reps and your rebuke is Para is in Western Sydney?
The point I hoped you'd be smart enough to pick up on is that it's irrelevant whether merkins have cousins at a club. If they really want to spend time with them and they live nearby there's nothing stopping them. Cousins in junior reps ffs, grow up merkin.

You’ve got @Poupou Escobar on your case now.
It’s death by a thousand cuts. Enjoy the process though.

Eelogical

Referee
Parramatta for anyone who hasn't visited in a while is an amazing city. You can start to compare it to capitals cities now. Actually it may have a few beat already
I'll comment on that when I next hit town. Six years away will give me more of an outsiders view rather than that of a local.

Eelogical

Referee
Lot of herritage also.Check out the women's gaol.
Lake Parramata is a nice spot also to see
I lived in the area for 45 years. Been to everything except the female factory. History is one of my passions. I hope that Parra Council don't neglect more of their history. St John's cemetery being just one of those on the list.

hindy111

Post Whore
I lived in the area for 45 years. Been to everything except the female factory. History is one of my passions. I hope that Parra Council don't neglect more of their history. St John's cemetery being just one of those on the list.

The female factory might be where I meant. They have a cafe there now.
No they seem to be keeping the older heritage sites it seems.

Tiger5150

Bench
Parramatta for anyone who hasn't visited in a while is an amazing city. You can start to compare it to capitals cities now. Actually it may have a few beat already
Some call the Parra River the Seine of the southern hemisphere....others call it the brown Danube.

Eelogical

Referee
Some call Balmain Leagues Club a historical building....others call it a derelict, rundown former edifice of times gone by.

Latest posts