What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The thing is, our coach has overseen this sort of loss more than any other coach.
Sure but if it happened before him it hardly means that he is the cause. Most teams go through this. Coaching isn’t the reason. The only teams that don’t experience these losses are the elite teams, and coaching isn’t what separates these teams either. It is player talent.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I get what your point is, I just think it’s a poor one as Brad Arthur has two wooden spoons since then as a head coach, while Cleary has now taken the Panthers to three premierships in a row. You can forgive the poor earlier years if success comes around, success hasn’t come around for us.
It hadn’t come around for Cleary either until 2020. Did he suddenly learn how to coach?

The Predictor

Juniors
When we let Matterson sit out a month instead of paying 3 grand, was enough for me, that would not happen in any sport across the globe, but Parra were okay with that, where was Brad…… the buck stops with him…..this is why we are the joke of the competition and have been fa long time, we break records for all the wrong reasons, case in point conceding 8 tries in 25 minutes, to name one, disgusting!!!

JokerEel

Coach
Gus hit nail on head. Pathways and lack of culture at club.

Like I said HOF and HOR should be thrown under the bus..

We need a better football head as the head of football.

I still want to know why Brown quit last year..

Steve Georgarliss is the head of pathways now..

he is doing 2 jobs as well.. well 3 if you include coaching the Titans

1000001311.png

JokerEel

Coach
When we let Matterson sit out a month instead of paying 3 grand, was enough for me, that would not happen in any sport across the globe, but Parra were okay with that, where was Brad…… the buck stops with him…..this is why we are the joke of the competition and have been fa long time, we break records for all the wrong reasons, case in point conceding 8 tries in 25 minutes, to name one, disgusting!!!

The club wasn't happy with him sitting out the month btw.

It does show how players don't play for their mates or their club though.

JokerEel

Coach
Must be a pain to be a head coach when your backup winger is a guy whose knee was destroyed when he was just starting out.
Now his ankle is f**ked

Or a Fijian who used to run over the opposition for fun but has turned into a huge powerful except for when he is racing out of the line to put a huge hit on leaving the winger to run around him and scoring.

A hooker that doesn't know line speed and passing in front of the pall player instead throws it up in the air for them to catch..

A centre who was all but loading his luggage in the overhead compartment when the club decided they needed a centre. That no other NRL club would touch...

Like a said it must be hard when the well is dry ..

lucablight

First Grade
Sure but if it happened before him it hardly means that he is the cause. Most teams go through this. Coaching isn’t the reason. The only teams that don’t experience these losses are the elite teams, and coaching isn’t what separates these teams either. It is player talent.
So the Dolphins had more talent than us when they beat us up? Are you cereal?

I get what your point is, I just think it’s a poor one as Brad Arthur has two wooden spoons since then as a head coach, while Cleary has now taken the Panthers to three premierships in a row. You can forgive the poor earlier years if success comes around, success hasn’t come around for us.

Ok. I was replying to a post suggesting that other coaches don't have a similar history of having their teams lose in situations similar to the Dolphins/Raiders games. It depends when you 'stop the clock'. If you rewound the world to the end of 2012 and looked at Penrith you could make a very similar assessment of their coach (though his earlier record was clearly pretty good).
PS. I'm quite happy for BA to be fired today. But this place has become full of some pretty spiteful characters (not you), who greatly exaggerate BA's shortcomings, and pillory anybody who disagrees with the mob. He's a good coach, he's just not a great coach, and its time to move on (or move on once we can confidently line up a suitable replacement).

yy_cheng

Coach

But as mjc explained it to me, professional players are like mercenaries. Then why should he. He should do what's best for him and he did. Yes he might not get another contract here because of it but that's his choice

As ba said, it's not his job to motivate. He assembles the players and they should do their job for that mission

King-Gutho94

Coach
Gus hit nail on head. Pathways and lack of culture at club.
Gus is a germ he may be right but he is always says he is right after the fact.

How many times has he said told you so in the past 15-20 years in the media yet anyone go and back-track if he actually said it or not.

Happens all the time come state of origin time. Gus claims to have all the solutions for NSW origin yet never wants to put his hand to coach the side.

Wtf would he know about what the culture is like at Parramatta or any other club he takes a swipe at in his media role on a weekly basis. Its just not about at Parramatta he has commentated on other rival clubs as well about similar stuff.

The bloke is a germ and channel 9 continue to be a disgrace that they continually employ him for his dribble especially while he has conflict of interest as GM of the Bulldogs.

The Predictor

Juniors

It wouldn’t have happened anywhere else, regardless where were the consequences after sitting out a month? there weren’t because Brad is spineless!!