What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep, play the man again. Join the pile-on.

The point was that Cleary had plenty of experience by (6 years) 2012, and his team turned in several absolute shockers (without losing their half-back). This happens to the best (and worst) coaches.
What are you taking about?? It wasnt an apples to apples comparison, it was Cleary’s first season with a team not of his making. Arthur is in his 11th, are you saying this isn’t a team of Arthur’s making?? If it isn’t he shouldn’t be in the job.

Gronk

Staff member
Yawn. 🥱

Why are we bringing up Cleary at all?? It’s pure deflection. I don’t care about Cleary he doesn’t coach here. I care about our 11 season coach who couldn’t even get thr bench right for our 11th game in Darwin.
Why are you talking about Cleary again ?

Black Panther

Juniors
Sure but when the Dogs brought him in to rebuild the club he didn’t go out and sign Bennett did he? He started by ramping up junior recruitment/retention.
The Juniors are going well at the moment, but how much local talent are playing Nadal right now? The last 2 genuine Juniors in their system were Alamoti and Averillo who were both shown the door.

As much as Gould has focused on the Juniors, he wants results instantly. That’s why you now see Burton, Chricton, Kikau and even Salmon come from the Penrith system.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Or they’re just not good at reading the play and executing. This would explain why we have a game plan that suits what we have instead of what we wish we had.

“There are no solutions. There are only trade offs.”

Conversely, though - a better "teacher/communicator/coach" could convey what the team needs to be doing in a more effective way.

I have a lot of time for Arthur, but he's built this squad over a number of years - he has the core players he wants, and we're not performing adequately.

He needs to accept responsibility for that.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I reckon if you could combine Brian Smith tactically nous and put in BA's man management you would have a great coach.

Unfortunately we have lost 20 years with them both not being able to combine both together.

Where one was a tactically very astute in Smith but was too busy wanting to play mind games all the time with the players and would only accept yes men like Cayless.

Then you have BA the opposite has the respect of the players but tactically out of his depth we look tactically like a bush/pub side that lacks attention to detail most of the time.

Brian Smith, for mine, is one of the best coaches to never win a Premiership.

Phenomenal coach - was able to coach ordinary players like Jason Moodie, and get them playing well enough, that they were selected for Origin.

It's a crying shame he never won a comp, because the guy was a genius.

How he turned players like Craig Stapleton, and David Vaealiki, into competitive players, is a miracle of modern sport.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That was round one last year. Munster was on the field for 72 minutes and still attempted nearly thirty tackles. We definitely got at him. It just wasn’t enough.

I'll concede that - I was going off memory, and my memory told me we didn't target Munster as much as we should have.

But forcing him to make 30 tackles shows we did target him, so kudos to Brad.

Soto

Bench
Yep this. It’s a true measure of the club when things are going poorly in a game. Do you aim up but struggle to break the opposition or do you lie down and concede 40 points in a half? It’s indicates attitude, coaching, basic team strategy, fitness, so many things which we’ve somehow lost, not recognised or never had
Boys keep it tight.. there won't be many points scored in the 2nd half. Hang tough we will this in the end..we are in the lead and just keep on doing what you're doing

Soto

Bench
Again why the continual deflection using Cleary??? He’s not our coach and never will be. Anyway when a cleary side lets in 8 tries in 25 mins we can have a discussion.
So we will never have that discussion.
So maybe when Nathan decides he wants to move to England to be with Mary maybe that's when we pounce and sign Ivan and Jet.. beginning of a new dynasty. Surely Ivan's sick of winning and wouldn't mind his win percentage start nearing 50%