What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
We agree on lots of stuff. The bolded bit does not always ring true. As many have said, we are exceptionally competitive vs Storm and Panthers year after year, but lose to shit teams or simply drop our form without good reason. Without a doubt the buck stops with him on that, but our great form vs those formidable opponents smashes your "tactically poor, insipid, unidimensional etc etc" theory. Now I am not clever enough to know the reason why we lose or drop form, but I am observant enough to recognise that those wins are not flukes.
But do we win them when it really matters?
I.e have we beaten storm or riff in a semis game in recent years? I don't think so..long day at work so I may be flat lining like our team in the 2nd half in Disastrous Darwin

Tiger5150

Bench
Who had the best squad in 2005.

It certainly wasn't the Wests Tigers.

They just got lucky 2 sides who are perennial chokers shat the bed on prelim weekend.

And Melbourne were 12 months away from dominating.
Tigers didnt have the best squad in 2005 but they had the best coach. 2005 was a combination of new law interpretations encouraging fast PTB and lighter packs and genius coaching. Sheens saw the loophole and put a side together to run behind the ruck and straight through that loophole. Tigers ran the opposition packs off their feet. The NRL cracked down and slowed the game down in 2006.

I keep hearing that the Tigers "got lucky" but go back and watch anything from the last 10 weeks of that season, Tigers were on fire and thumping sides.

blue bags

First Grade
The latest rumours are
EELS has alleged issues
That could derailed the Haynes train's express
Top 8 out of reach

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Juniors are going well at the moment, but how much local talent are playing Nadal right now? The last 2 genuine Juniors in their system were Alamoti and Averillo who were both shown the door.

As much as Gould has focused on the Juniors, he wants results instantly. That’s why you now see Burton, Chricton, Kikau and even Salmon come from the Penrith system.
Penrith did the same thing. Look at their 2014 team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Conversely, though - a better "teacher/communicator/coach" could convey what the team needs to be doing in a more effective way.
Has our attack really been that bad? We've been sixth or seventh for line breaks (for tries we've ranked even higher) every year since 2018. The exceptions are 2020 (9th) and this year (15th).

After 2018 there was also an obvious focus on offloads. We play to our strengths. We just don't have too many of them, unlike some clubs.
I have a lot of time for Arthur, but he's built this squad over a number of years - he has the core players he wants, and we're not performing adequately.

He needs to accept responsibility for that.
Agreed. I think he showed too much faith in the senior players and now he's pissed they aren't repaying him. Are they past it or just phoning it in while they wait for Moses to return? There's a reason none of them are Origin regulars. I guess Paulo was a regular but Origin always seemed too fast for him. Lightweight nuffies like Ruben Cotter are better suited.

Brian Smith, for mine, is one of the best coaches to never win a Premiership.

Phenomenal coach - was able to coach ordinary players like Jason Moodie, and get them playing well enough, that they were selected for Origin.

It's a crying shame he never won a comp, because the guy was a genius.

How he turned players like Craig Stapleton, and David Vaealiki, into competitive players, is a miracle of modern sport.
Good coach but most of the players would one way or another come back to haunt him in the big games. He had too many of them in one team.

we need a hooker, we can solve our outside backs with lomax and blaize after a year of cup. we can freshen up the pack abit by bringing in Guymer and MA (#14), moving lane to the bench. But we cant go another season with Lussik as first choice 9
Why does our coach love a slow number 9.
Or why does our coach recruit a non running 9? The recruitment for this team has been pathetic. it can’t be just coincidence that since BA has been coach we have slow hookers who cannot run the ball and create abit of havoc.

average Jeremy Marshall king ripped us a new one and showed us the way.

just don’t understand how our management can’t actively go and recruit reserve graders. FMD

King-Gutho94

Coach
Good coach but most of the players would one way or another come back to haunt him in the big games. He had too many of them in one team.
Or he would haunt the players smothering them with messages & mind games.

Brian never nailed the big game preparation.

Paul Kent tell a story about the 2010 GF between the Dragons and Roosters.

The difference between Bennett and Smith.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Or he would haunt the players smothering them with messages & mind games.

Brian never nailed the big game preparation.

Paul Kent tell a story about the 2010 GF between the Dragons and Roosters.

The difference between Bennett and Smith.

Relaxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!

Gronk

Staff member
Now what did I say about the (Player Manager) politics shenanigans of Gus signing Moimoisea ?

JokerEel

Coach
Now what did I say about the (Player Manager) politics shenanigans of Gus signing Moimoisea ?

Dunno who is his manager

Latest posts