What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Time for Change
New coach
Clean out senior players - we are old and slow we need some youth and speed and football department also needs an overhaul

We have not adapted, our team and our systems have not evolved and we’re getting further away from the top sides

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The stats still demonstrate that unless you can win 5 consecutive games in a season, you only have a less than 4% chance of winning the competition....
Well that's a bigger chance of happening (4%) than the Eels winning a premiership (0%). At least according to the stats.

If there's a first time for everything (Eels winning a competition) then there must be a second time for everything else (e.g. a team winning the comp with fewer than five straight wins that year).

Chipmunk

Coach
Well that's a bigger chance of happening (4%) than the Eels winning a premiership (0%). At least according to the stats.

If there's a first time for everything (Eels winning a competition) then there must be a second time for everything else (e.g. a team winning the comp with fewer than five straight wins that year).
The stats also say we'd need Wayne Bennett to be the coach though....

The man has 100% of the Premierships where a teams most consecutive wins is less than 5 in a season...

More reason that BA isn't the man any longer.

Chipmunk

Coach
Agreed, only Bennett will do
There is only one thing left for that man to do in the sport.

To go to the club and emulate what his idol, and the man who provided the recommendation for him to be given his start in the sport, did over 40 years ago, and deliver the long suffering Parramatta fans a premiership.

Only then will the Bennett ego be finally satisfied and complete.

Ding dong the witch will dead once again!

Soto

Bench
Our back up prop to replace our props long term is Greig. He runs out of puff running onto the field. He has been plod for a while now.
Hang on...last yr when he was literally our number 1 prop because RCG was injured and Paulo in Origin he was going really well until his lisfranc injury...
He needs a consistent injury free run..
Why he's not fit or injury free is a big concern but I feel if he was at the Storm or panfers he would be a machine ..says to me something about our training and conditioning...
None of our fwds seem to be able to play long minutes before looking completely gassed..

lucablight

First Grade
Hang on...last yr when he was literally our number 1 prop because RCG was injured and Paulo in Origin he was going really well until his lisfranc injury...
He needs a consistent injury free run..
Why he's not fit or injury free is a big concern but I feel if he was at the Storm or panfers he would be a machine ..says to me something about our training and conditioning...
None of our fwds seem to be able to play long minutes before looking completely gassed..
He killed it against the Rabbitohs last season who were flying high at the time. We were expected to get smashed but we beat them so badly they still haven’t recovered from it. I thought that game might have been when he announced himself as a first grader.

Panthers just released JFH you know why their fans aren't losing their minds..

It's not because they have just won 3 in a row ...

It's because they know the club will be able to replace him with with another player that can do a similar role...

We can't do the same because key people the club have NFI

Sure. I'm not saying the club made the right decisions. I'm just reminding people of what the ideas floating round this site were in November 202X (whatever year it was). Fans never have to deal with the downside of their 'decisions' (i.e. what you lose when 'win' by signing a player). People very conveniently 'forget' their own historic preferences when the long-term downside of those opinions becomes clear later.

PS. re the Panthers thing.....having won 3 premierships on the trot and your chances of bringing in a solid replacement are not independent conditions. These things snowball, but obviously you've got to earn the initial success first.

Eelementary

Post Whore
There is only one thing left for that man to do in the sport.

To go to the club and emulate what his idol, and the man who provided the recommendation for him to be given his start in the sport, did over 40 years ago, and deliver the long suffering Parramatta fans a premiership.

Only then will the Bennett ego be finally satisfied and complete.

Ding dong the witch will dead once again!

IF this club has the nous, and wherewithal, to secure Bennett's signing - a concept that I don't think this institution, allergic to success as it may be, would ever genuinely mull over -, and should Bennett be successful in securing a Premiership for this club, then there is no doubt in my mind that Wayne Bennett would sit firmly, solely stop the mountain of Greatest Coach Of All Time.