What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
MON is the king of player options. He is solely responsible for the shit situation our contracts and squad depth are sitting in.

he can’t negotiate a deal to save his life and we’ve missing out on impressive squad depth players that would been extremely helpful this year due to his warped value system for positions and depth.

I’ve heard from multiple people that Connor Tracey was super keen to come to us, and MON refused any negotiation. Just said this is the offer, not open for discussions. His manager went elsewhere due to how impossible MON was to deal with.
Could have done with a Connor Treacy right now.

Legal Eel

Juniors
No I didn't say I know. I said that deals are cut at the time based on need and desire. You really have to be a fly on the wall to know how it panned out and who potentially made concessions, if any.

View attachment 87423View attachment 87424View attachment 87425View attachment 87426
Out of curiosity, when does your shift end? About 2-230? And Pou clocks on straight after for a twelve hour monster?

it’s a helluva devoted watch that you guys are undertaking….you may even be rewarded with a BA extension if there is any justice!

Avenger

Immortal
Witt and Kris Keating both played over 100 games in the NRL and ESL.
Sure they weren't world beaters but I wouldn't say they didn't "make it".

The NRL says the following "A professional player during his NRL career will play an average of 75 games."
Both should have been charged with fraud. They were ordinary but obviously a little lucky too.

TheCrowe

Juniors
I know I keep banging on about us having a decent talent identifier, and none of us ar that, or close enough to him, or watch him train every week.

We re all just fans who want to see the club do well and many of us have opposing views on some players.

This is why smart clubs make the right decisions becuase they have the right people making these decisions, we don't.
Raiders figured it out.
What do we need?: A half
Which team has quality half coming through that is blocked by 2 very highly paid halves on long contracts? Parra.
OK lets steal their half.

Legal Eel

Juniors
No I didn't say I know. I said that deals are cut at the time based on need and desire. You really have to be a fly on the wall to know how it panned out and who potentially made concessions, if any.

View attachment 87423View attachment 87424View attachment 87425View attachment 87426
In all seriousness, what is your position?

We know that Pou has no real beliefs and just argues in opposition to the majority in order to feel "smarter" than everyone else.

However, I cant get a handle on your position. You seem to post constant defences of the coach, constant defences of the management and admin...and yet, you have otherwise posted that you agree a "change" is needed.

So if the coach, management and admin are to remain as per your arguments, what are the changes that you think need to happen?

Or are you happy with the status quo?

Just curious, because I have trouble figuring out why anyone doesn't think a reset is needed with the coach and management.

Gronk

Staff member
Out of curiosity, when does your shift end? About 2-230? And Pou clocks on straight after for a twelve hour monster?

it’s a helluva devoted watch that you guys are undertaking….you may even be rewarded with a BA extension if there is any justice!
It's good to see you're on watch.

giphy.gif

Avenger

Immortal
In all seriousness, what is your position?

We know that Pou has no real beliefs and just argues in opposition to the majority in order to feel "smarter" than everyone else.

However, I cant get a handle on your position. You seem to post constant defences of the coach, constant defences of the management and admin...and yet, you have otherwise posted that you agree a "change" is needed.

So if the coach, management and admin are to remain as per your arguments, what are the changes that you think need to happen?

Or are you happy with the status quo?

Just curious, because I have trouble figuring out why anyone doesn't think a reset is needed with the coach and management.
@Gronk would be an amazing communist. Things don’t change much there too.

Legal Eel

Juniors
LOL all because an 18 year old has a player option. Out comes the green hair gags again.

You guys are so fragile.
I honestly am not that fussed on Blaize's option personally - I think if he stays it would be fine, as he has a lot of potential, but I also know that he has real defensive frailties, so I get that people aren't fussed on keeping him

Excellent deflection though - would still like to know why you think there is no change needed and why more of the same will turn this club around...

eels_fan

First Grade
Wayne Bennett has taken another step towards a return to South Sydney after informing the Dolphins that he wants to explore interest from the Rabbitohs over their vacant head coaching position.
This masthead can reveal that while the Dolphins are hopeful of keeping Bennett at the club next season, they concede he may wish to continue coaching and have no plans to stand in his way as he weighs up a return to Souths.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Wayne Bennett has taken another step towards a return to South Sydney after informing the Dolphins that he wants to explore interest from the Rabbitohs over their vacant head coaching position.
This masthead can reveal that while the Dolphins are hopeful of keeping Bennett at the club next season, they concede he may wish to continue coaching and have no plans to stand in his way as he weighs up a return to Souths.

Seems about right.

Wouldn't matter how interested Wayne is in the Parra job.

I don't think he will pass up a guaranteed job for a "maybe, sorta , could be" opportunity at Parra.

Unless something is happening behind the scenes (unlikely with Parramatta), I think we will be sitting on our hands into July well after Wayne is a Rabbitoh...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Souths have sacked coach and beaten us to the punch. Got wind we may sack BA so moved fast. Smart club and new had to act fast.
Bennet will come in with Burgess as the understudy while we have been caught once again with our pants down.
We have no doubt been in contact with Bennett. His response will have determined our next move, and why sack Arthur if there is nobody better willing to come? Bennett wants to go where he can win a premiership ffs. Souths’ rebuild must be nearly done while ours is just starting.

Latest posts