What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How did Penrith manage to make Luai stick around in reserve grade until he was 23?
Maybe they found jobs for his 20 closest relatives? Maybe Keno threw him a TPA? Maybe someone sold his parents a five bedroom house in Minchinbury for $100k?

The bigger question is why no other club wanted him. He’s happy to leave in 2025.

King-Gutho94

Coach
How interested do you reckon he is, and what is it based on? It might be great for his legacy to win the comp here but that depends on having the resources to do so. He won less than half his games in Newcastle while they were owned by a f**king billionaire ffs
Wayne's failure at Newcastle said more about the Knights then it did about Wayne.

No other club has struggled under Wayne while he was there.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
How would any of us know whether a decision was good or bad without knowing all the details? We can only see results, which are an aggregate of a multitude of decisions.
Just once.....

Just once..... I would love to see you blast the coach or players or the board. Surely you can't be so rational all the time..... Just once, go absolutely ballistic and tell us what you really think.....

I know you have it in you

Yeah maybe we are just overreacting, things really are really going great and the club couldn’t be in better hands. I mean MON just keeps delivering and we shouldn’t question him, the club or any of the decisions made. I mean to only have 27 players in the top 30 8 rounds into the season with absolutely no depth in the outside backs is probably a stroke of pure genius.

I mean giving an 18 year old kid who had never played against men an option in his favour seems like real shrewd business lm sure all the top clubs do it as well………

Well I didn't say we were being well run. I just said that he theme of the week seems to be POs, for what reason I really struggle to understand.

I don't know how any of us could be well enough informed to know whether the Blaize thing was a smart/stupid piece of business. You don't what the choices were. His management may have advised him not to sign anything beyond 2024, because he'll be worth more as time progresses. His management may have advised him not to even sign with us for 2024 and to try his hand elsewhere. Would it be better to sign him up for 2025 unconditionally, without having seen him play against men? OR should we have refused to sign him beyond 2024? Which one do you want? I just don't understand the sudden issue with POs. It's the outcome of a negotiation. It's not inherently stupid (or smart).

Delboy

First Grade
All these discussions and opinions are more than interesting, but at the end of the day the club needs a circuit breaker.

Obviously both coaching and recruitment haven't moved with the changes in the NRL of the past 3 years. It seems that we have too many old soldiers who won’t get any better, and an absolute lack of speed , youth and depth.

We all have opinions on where the first strike should be made to refresh the club, and the board has to look hard at where we are and basically take steps so we are not left further behind the top 5/6 clubs. That article from rugbyleaugueyetest outlined some of the issues, that almost could be the starting point .

If , as suggested , there are difficulties between the HOF and Coach, the a fresh start in those areas may be where they commence. Don’t think we should see any hesitation and if the hierarchy is full of professional decision makers, then simply make decisions.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I have no doubt we have had zero conversations with Bennett.

our club has no interest in paying Bennett $1.5m a year on top of paying out Brad $750k.

The club is not putting $2.2m onto the balance sheet for a head coach next year.
It might not be the best use of $1.5M a year. If you look at how Gould built Penrith and is doing at Canterbury, he didn’t splash out on big name coaches. Spending starts at the pathways, where you could get half a dozen quality operators for $1.5M

Rocket man

Juniors
Maybe they found jobs for his 20 closest relatives? Maybe Keno threw him a TPA? Maybe someone sold his parents a five bedroom house in Minchinbury for $100k?

The bigger question is why no other club wanted him. He’s happy to leave in 2025.
Souths tried to sign him before his debut.

Souths made enquiries a couple of times.

Soto

Bench
Doesn't look like I missed much on here today...some hugging and punches thrown...I'm backing the punches..in summary the club is effed with coaching, recruitment and letting upstarts dictate terms...
We need a football manager like Ponisi or Parr or Cameron.
We need a coach like Bennett, McGuire, Ryles, Adrian Lam. Could also be happy with Holbrook.
Assistant coaches need to change as well.
Ryan Carr, Holbrook if we land Bennett or Jimmy Dymock..
We look unfit and off the pace...2nd half fade outs are perfect examples of this.
The place needs to be blown up and started again from an admin and coaching perspective...we the fans have been completely bent over and not getting what we deserve...that is to see a competitive team every year..not going into freefall two years after appearing in a GF..
We accept mediocrity...this isn't acceptable...
We have a board who wants to wax lyrical about corporate governance.. that's one aspect of your role...
We want and need a team competing for top 4 every year..outside the top 4 u can't win the comp so there is no point...
Ok my rant is over

eels_fan

First Grade
Interesting Solly saying on 360 that the rabbitohs do not allow their head coach to make final decisions on recruitment, they get a say or input but that is all.

that doesn’t seem to fit Wayne’s style at all

Latest posts