What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Zoso

Juniors
Interesting Solly saying on 360 that the rabbitohs do not allow their head coach to make final decisions on recruitment, they get a say or input but that is all.

that doesn’t seem to fit Wayne’s style at all
Further to that, when asked about the signing of a UK super league player, he said that if the coach didn’t like the decisions made by the R&R committee he shouldn’t be the coach at Souths. Or words to that effect.
Doesn’t sound like Wayne to me, either.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
None of us know what happened in the negotiation and we never will. The point made about 6700 posts ago was simply, why would we give a junior player a PO,
Why give any player a PO? It is a concession in exchange for the player to give up something. Without it he would’ve wanted more money.
it seems a very weak position the club has taken.
The worst that can happen is that he is stuck in the books for a year when we’d rather him gone. How likely is that? And how much do you think he’d be on next year if he took it? You complain MON refuses to pay players what they’re worth but now he is handing out player options on overs?
For a Harry Grant, I understand it.
That would be a massive risk. The only reason Grant would take up a PO would be if he couldn’t get more on the market, probably due to a crippling injury. Then he’s stuck on the books for a lot more than Blaize Talagi.
For a 17 year old junior (at the time) it seems to me to be ludicrous and poor negotiation.
It protects the player; if he is injured or just fails badly against adults, it ensures he gets an extra year in the top thirty. That’s the only risk to the club. If the PO is for $500k then yes it’s a problem. But if it’s for minimum salary then it’s no big deal. We obviously thought he was worth it before the season started. More likely is that it’s worth something in between. But if he doesn’t take it up and instead chooses to negotiate (which looks likely) then we’ll know it was very cheap, and therefore very low risk.
That’s my opinion. You are entitled to yours.
What I don’t care for is to go round and round and round with you to get absolutely no where, for your entertainment. So I’ll leave it there
You have literally just made a statement without providing anything to support your position. The club is always wrong no matter what.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Matto should be last one ranting about everyone going in the same direction seriously the bloke lives in his bubble.
Yep, he was my first culprit but then realised he posted it. Whoever it is, it’s

1. f**ked that we have this within our culture
2. Dylan and Matto thinking this is a great idea to put out into the world. I’m deadset off these peanuts.

emjaycee

Coach
No they don’t Pou. They actually negotiate with the player and not submit a take it or leave it offer like our head of football.
Nice deflection from the subject being commented on mate.
We weren't talking about the role of the primary negotiator but rather the role the head coach plays in recruitment.

the phantom menace

First Grade
You enable me every time you criticise things you don’t understand.
Tom Cruise Whatever GIF

Latest posts