What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Zoso

Juniors
As far as I can tell (and I’m happy to be corrected), neither Bennett or our club have made any public comment about him coming to the club, just a mystery 3rd party allegedly making an approach, which someone leaked to the media. The rest has been everyone else filling in blanks.
For all we know the Bennett>Parra chatter was a ruse by Wayne to drive up his price with the bunnies. The media piles in because they know it’s good for clicks. And we all get our panties in a knot.
The board are probably as bad as everyone says but maybe saw through what they thought was just a ploy.
James Graham made a good point on NRL360 the other night; would the bunnies new UK halfback have signed if he didn’t know who the coach would be?

Soto

Bench
As far as I can tell (and I’m happy to be corrected), neither Bennett or our club have made any public comment about him coming to the club, just a mystery 3rd party allegedly making an approach, which someone leaked to the media. The rest has been everyone else filling in blanks.
For all we know the Bennett>Parra chatter was a ruse by Wayne to drive up his price with the bunnies. The media piles in because they know it’s good for clicks. And we all get our panties in a knot.
The board are probably as bad as everyone says but maybe saw through what they thought was just a ploy.
James Graham made a good point on NRL360 the other night; would the bunnies new UK halfback have signed if he didn’t know who the coach would be?
However no subtitles requoted if Sammy boi is the coach.
So everyone is saying it can't be Sam as he has only coached 7 games of 1st grade in the ESL however there are people advocating for Cheika who has coached 0, zero, nought, nutter, zilch games of rugba leeg..

Stagger eel

Staff member

if it’s announced in next fortnight that Bennett will be at souths than he was never coming to Parra to begin with…

Zoso

Juniors
However no subtitles requoted if Sammy boi is the coach.
So everyone is saying it can't be Sam as he has only coached 7 games of 1st grade in the ESL however there are people advocating for Cheika who has coached 0, zero, nought, nutter, zilch games of rugba leeg..
The assumption seems to be Burgess would head to South’s. I saw on one of the recent NRL360 episodes he has a fixed (can’t go to NRL) two year contract.
So if Wayne goes for three years from 2025 at Souths, then that would be quite a wait for Sam.

T-Boon

Coach
Which clubs would be trying to get Bellamy? I reckon Roosters, Brisbane, Dogs (gould would be ambitious), Souths.

Soto

Bench
The assumption seems to be Burgess would head to South’s. I saw on one of the recent NRL360 episodes he has a fixed (can’t go to NRL) two year contract.
So if Wayne goes for three years from 2025 at Souths, then that would be quite a wait for Sam.
Contracts....well everyone knows the rest...I won't stir the hornets nest

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is the coach responsible for pathways?
I would say these days they have varying degrees of input, depending on the coach and the club. There’s an entire staff devoted to this area, at every club. Obviously they wouldn’t all have the same number and quality of people, but that is their job. This ties into recruitment/retention of the senior squad, where the coach has considerably more input. But there is dedicated staff here as well. These merkins might answer directly to the coach but more likely is that they answer to a GM.

Back in the nineties, pathways were more of a head coach responsibility. Probably because football club staffs were smaller. More money and competition between NRL clubs has led to an arms race with more and more employees brought into the system, and head coaches increasingly hands off with anything not to do with the game day 17.
Because we are now being told that Bennett destroys pathways but BA isn’t responsible for pathways.
Who’s telling us that mate?

T-Boon

Coach
Roosters no, Brisbane maybe, dogs no, Souths no...I think it's Wayne and then Sammy boi
Souths would be for sure. They clearly want to be winning premierships. No way a club with those ambitions (I mean really trying) and looking for a coach isn’t trying to get Bellamy.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Souths would be for sure. They clearly want to be winning premierships. No way a club with those ambitions (I mean really trying) and looking for a coach isn’t trying to get Bellamy.
I don't think Bellamy would ever coach in Sydney.

He enjoys hiding away in Melbourne where there is less media focus on and distractions and they can come up with there next UFC move they want to bring into the game.

Brisbane Broncos have offered Bellamy the world about 5 times and he has knocked them back each time.

If he wasn't going to join the Broncos on huge money I doubt he would ever come to sydney.

Zoso

Juniors
Which clubs would be trying to get Bellamy? I reckon Roosters, Brisbane, Dogs (gould would be ambitious), Souths.

if we did we’d definitely know about it.
Yep. Headline…”How Penny Pinching Parra Missed The Greatest Coach of All Time”
Exclusive by Buzz Rothwhiskey

“Parramatta blew the greatest coach of all time by offering a paltry $2.5m a season, the Telegraph can reveal.
Bennett was so insulted by the offer he will now go and coach Souths for less than he could have earned at Parra.
More to come…”

oldmancraigy

Coach
merkins have been telling us all through BAs tenure that he’s set up our wonderful pathways program…

There are heaps more posts from the last few years praising BA for our pathways too. Now some of the same people are telling us our pathway need fixing and it’s not BAs fault?

I reckon Bennett could do at least as good a job as BA.

I never said the pathways being broken ISN'T BA's fault...

And my comment was from back in 2019 - to be fair, it was correct at the time. Under BA, things were better than SKs time!! Time to take another step forward now?

gaffer

Juniors
I don't think Bellamy would ever coach in Sydney.

He enjoys hiding away in Melbourne where there is less media focus on and distractions and they can come up with there next UFC move they want to bring into the game.

Brisbane Broncos have offered Bellamy the world about 5 times and he has knocked them back each time.

If he wasn't going to join the Broncos on huge money I doubt he would ever come to sydney.
we'd offer a road map to him and say we tried