What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lakers sacked Vogel a year after winning a championship for shit results, I wish we had that kind of mentality.
You don't know why they sacked him. More likely there is something bigger going on that has caused the poor results and his sacking. Likewise with Demetriou. Also, clubs like the Lakers and Souths have proved they have money to throw at problems. For us, replacing Arthur with Bennett entails financial costs that might not be worth the expected benefit. As fans it's easy for us to spend money for which we are not responsible.

Wally21

Bench
Just insightful mate. Also rational enough to be able to try to understand why decision makers make the decisions they make, rather than defaulting to calling them incompetent or evil when I disagree or don't understand. As an example, I didn't vote for Albanese. I think he's a dickhead and another kind of populist. But you won't see me throw him under the bus for what's going wrong with Australia at the moment. Being the PM of this country (and most if not all of the others) is a difficult, thankless job and easy to blame when things happen outside of their control. Likewise with whoever's running the Eels, from Brad Arthur all the way up. They have restrictions and competing problems we aren't even aware of. You can guarantee our short term happiness as fans isn't at the top of their list of priorities.
For once I agree with almost everything you have said!
The club is a business and the happiness of fans will only be an outcome or lagging indicator of their KPI set.
However, if the poor performances continue, as revenue drops, which will be one of their top 3 KPI’s, they will start trying to understand why. At which stage they start to really ask questions of every strategy and employee.
Saying all of that, having worked for big business for too many years than I care to recall, what is often the case is that the decision makers are always the last to understand what’s driving poor performance or in this case, a potential drop in revenue. Employee satisfaction is lip service and comes way down the list with personal bonuses or career opportunities usually being the significant motivating factor.
often the employees, or in this case the fans, (the grassroots or the base of you will) can see it coming way before the decision makers do.
With that in mind, it would be nice if the decision makers could see past the day to day and look to the bigger picture. 2022 as many said was a false dawn, similar to what many businesses see.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I am a very experienced accountant. But I only got to be this good by learning, Shaolin style, from superior accountants. So if you have something to move the conversation forward more substantial than a "tiny insight", we are happy to hear it. I understand you think "Football related expenses" is either a meaningless item in the PLC's annual report, or they need to spend more and it's somehow the football club's fault. If it's not the football club's fault then it hardly refutes my point about resources. It's faceless PLC members holding the club back (as usual), not one of the high profile scapegoats merkins are trying to pin it on.

No sense making personal attacks and trying to out words in people's mouth.

Forum bully?

Pazza

First Grade
You don't know why they sacked him. More likely there is something bigger going on that has caused the poor results and his sacking. Likewise with Demetriou. Also, clubs like the Lakers and Souths have proved they have money to throw at problems. For us, replacing Arthur with Bennett entails financial costs that might not be worth the expected benefit. As fans it's easy for us to spend money for which we are not responsible.

One game in Darwin is all the $$$ We need to fix this problem

Soto

Bench
If we were to sack BA and replace with Bennett we would have a record increase in memberships, sponsorships, merchandise....the payout would be recouped in about 72h

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He was sacked to keep Lefraud happy, the fake GOAT has also gone through another coach since then.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If we were to sack BA and replace with Bennett we would have a record increase in memberships, sponsorships, merchandise....the payout would be recouped in about 72h
Yep plus a much better chance of winning a comp, so why have any of those things when we can have stability!!!!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
For once I agree with almost everything you have said!
The club is a business and the happiness of fans will only be an outcome or lagging indicator of their KPI set.
However, if the poor performances continue, as revenue drops, which will be one of their top 3 KPI’s, they will start trying to understand why. At which stage they start to really ask questions of every strategy and employee.
Saying all of that, having worked for big business for too many years than I care to recall, what is often the case is that the decision makers are always the last to understand what’s driving poor performance or in this case, a potential drop in revenue. Employee satisfaction is lip service and comes way down the list with personal bonuses or career opportunities usually being the significant motivating factor.
often the employees, or in this case the fans, (the grassroots or the base of you will) can see it coming way before the decision makers do.
With that in mind, it would be nice if the decision makers could see past the day to day and look to the bigger picture. 2022 as many said was a false dawn, similar to what many businesses see.
They absolutely want to make the customers happy, but whinging on social media wouldn't be a good way to measure customer happiness. The main customers are actually Nine and Foxtel, which flattens out a lot of the noise from the fanbase. Are Nine/Foxtel happy customers? Their feedback to the club will depend on viewership numbers. Whinging merkins boycotting the games are probably still watching on TV.

As for crowd figures, they have been strong this year other than the Cowboys, but they draw poorly every year.

If we still need funding from the NT government, then their happiness will depend on feedback from their constituents. Are the toothless f**kwits happy to keep watching Parra get flogged by Queensland teams? If so the money will probably still be there. But I really hope the club really doesn't need the money that badly any more.

Parra Pride

Coach
He was sacked to keep Lefraud happy, the fake GOAT has also gone through another coach since then.
Ham was an absolute spud who couldn't see what did and didn't work. The big issue though was dumping key role players just to get Westbrook well passed his prime.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Ok, so if signing Bennett would be such a financial windfall, and given the assertion that our board is only interested in the bottom line, then wouldn’t it stand to reason that maybe there’s another reason why we haven’t gone down that path? And fwiw, I think Brad’s time is up but I don’t see any other coach making a difference with the current playing group. I simply don’t think the current roster is good enough and we seem to have organisational flaws (MON) that can’t overcome our weaknesses.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well I'm sure the club will be interested in your financial modelling. Do you have their email address?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ham was an absolute spud who couldn't see what did and didn't work. The big issue though was dumping key role players just to get Westbrook well passed his prime.
He was, but it was LeFraud who wanted Westbrook. And then he threw him under the bus because nothing is ever LeFraud’s fault.

Parra Pride

Coach
He was, but it was LeFraud who wanted Westbrook. And then he threw him under the bus because nothing is ever LeFraud’s fault.
Teams do give him too much power, but at the same time he's won a championship with every team he's played for. That includes beating an absurdly stacked Warriors side.

JokerEel

Coach
Teams do give him too much power, but at the same time he's won a championship with every team he's played for. That includes beating an absurdly stacked Warriors side.

Would not have won at the Lakers apart from the fact COVID locked them down.

The Cavs win was his best ever championship win though.. Probably more to do with Irvin though

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He also lost playing for an Absurdly stacked Heat side.

Getting shut down by JJ Barea is my favourite LeFraud moment.