What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Reading Pou’s post’s the last 24 hours

jurassic park deal with it GIF

Gherkin

Juniors
I think everyone's over reacting a bit with the Talagi news. Without knowing what the actual PO value was it's impossible to make a judgement on this.
Ideally we would've signed him longer term prior to his first grade debut. But if the PO was bare minimum then I can understand why he turned it down, by next year I think he'll be worth more than the minimum. Let's see if he leaves before burning the place down

emjaycee

Coach
I think everyone's over reacting a bit with the Talagi news. Without knowing what the actual PO value was it's impossible to make a judgement on this.
Ideally we would've signed him longer term prior to his first grade debut. But if the PO was bare minimum then I can understand why he turned it down, by next year I think he'll be worth more than the minimum. Let's see if he leaves before burning the place down
Welcome to the Parra Eels Forum on LU - have you been given your pitchfork yet?

TheRam

Coach
Hey Ram remember when I said the Duke is going to turn Penrith into a powerhouse and everyone mocked me. Except you of course. Now I have been telling everyone the Bulldogs are building and closer to a grand final then us. Also was mocked.
See you get me.

I got you Hindy since the first post you made in here.

Cherished and appreciated as always

Love TheRam

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
The headline was ‘Talagi rejects option to stay at Eels’. Very misleading but that’s what they do.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Don’t get all this Talagi is overrated, not good, aren’t no Lyon …..

plenty of talk on here about eels not promoting juniors, yet the min one is given a go, and isn’t a star within 5 games…it’s his overrated, let him go…..Gutho was gone after 5 games, Drown wasn’t a half after a season…etc etc etc

he is only 19, and definitely hasn’t had a superstar debut. But has been pretty solid for a rookie. Averaging over 10 m a run / 2 TB per game, which is pretty good. He can tackle, but needs time to get experience in making the correct call.

let’s not forget the kid also missed a chunk of last year from a collapsed lung, but still managed to come back and finish the season in flegg. He is tough.

And on his option. Think it was probably signed around when he was only 17 (as he was on a development contract last year). So how wouId anyone know his value at 20, 3 years later. Ffs we had Sammy L, last year in the top 30 and the club had no idea apparently!! The option is probably only a minimum contract, when he probably could get $200-300k, which isn’t a stupid amount considering his potential. So of course he wouldn’t take the option. No one would!

He will be a solid player, and almost certain he is staying!

Avenger

Immortal

plenty of talk on here about eels not promoting juniors, yet the min one is given a go, and isn’t a star within 5 games…it’s his overrated, let him go…..Gutho was gone after 5 games, Drown wasn’t a half after a season…etc etc etc

he is only 19, and definitely hasn’t had a superstar debut. But has been pretty solid for a rookie. Averaging over 10 m a run / 2 TB per game, which is pretty good. He can tackle, but needs time to get experience in making the correct call.

let’s not forget the kid also missed a chunk of last year from a collapsed lung, but still managed to come back and finish the season in flegg. He is tough.

And on his option. Think it was probably signed around when he was only 17 (as he was on a development contract last year). So how wouId anyone know his value at 20, 3 years later. Ffs we had Sammy L, last year in the top 30 and the club had no idea apparently!! The option is probably only a minimum contract, when he probably could get $200-300k, which isn’t a stupid amount considering his potential. So of course he wouldn’t take the option. No one would!

Let’s see how he goes in the next 6 weeks at fullback whilst Gutherson is out injured. Then we will see if the option was reasonable or not. So far I have seen nothing in any grade to justify anywhere near $300k. Hopefully for our sake I’m proven wrong.

yy_cheng

Coach

And actually, people are just frustrated at the Front Office, Coach and Players. So they are just venting.

If we smash the Broncs, it will be happy days with all these youngsters in the team.

Otherwise, it will be more frustration.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Let’s see how he goes in the next 6 weeks at fullback whilst Gutherson is out injured. Then we will see if the option was reasonable or not. So far I have seen nothing in any grade to justify anywhere near $300k. Hopefully for our sake I’m proven wrong.
My prediction, I don’t know if he is going to be a regular a “spine” player or a back up in those spots.

But I am pretty certain he is going to be at the minimum a very good centre (his attacking stats already suggest it).

So considering his versatility and age (has massive improvement in him with experience/2 more preseasons) $200- $300k is probably fair value for next year, and good chances unders in 2 years.

Unfortunately that’s the market rate. Its a risk, but reckon plenty of other rookies are on similar amounts.

Cloeel

Juniors
My prediction, I don’t know if he is going to be a regular a “spine” player or a back up in those spots.

But I am pretty certain he is going to be at the minimum a very good centre (his attacking stats already suggest it).

So considering his versatility and age (has massive improvement in him with experience/2 more preseasons) $200- $300k is probably fair value for next year, and good chances unders in 2 years.

Unfortunately that’s the market rate. Its a risk, but reckon plenty of other rookies are on similar amounts.

The market would suggest he could demand more - if the potential Sanders deal with Canberra is anything to go off...

yy_cheng

Coach

It's hard to say nowadays. Players who excelled at Cup don't necessarily make it. e.g. Jakob Loko and many more after him. Just gotta see how he goes in NRL with the opportunities he gets

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Absolutely zero chance they can give him that. They won't sign him...to play where?
They have their 3/4 line stacked with about 8 very good to decent players. Fullback is covered. Burton 5/8. Only position would be 7 and he's not a 7
Who’s their fullback? A string of nuffies or am I missing someone?