What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
Let's pretend those signings never happened...

Plus you just pointed out everything that's f**ked up with the club..

Lomax was a signing out of luck

Sanders Should have been on a contract till at least 21.

Yeah real positives..

What are we coming in first grade again?
But they did happen - we rolled the dice on 3 players on minimum wage or near enough and they didnt pan out so we got them off the books as quickly as possible. How is that f**ked up with the club? Every club signs speccies and then let's them go when they don't work out. Is every club f**ked up in that regard?

And how the f**k was the Lomax signing luck? Since 2022 we have chased Staggs (stayed at Brisbane), Farnworth (stayed locally in QLD) and Lomax when he originally re-signed with Dragons. The minute he is on the market we go again for him and land him - where is the luck in that?

What had Sanders shown as an 18 year old that justified signing him for a 3 year contract when he was playing Flegg? Canberra have taken a risk on him as just like everyone is saying about Talagi, he hasn't shown anything to say he is worth north of $400k. Would you have preferred we let Moses go and kept Sanders?

JokerEel

Coach
It doesn’t matter where they play, coaching doesn’t matter and winning doesn’t matter. As long as Bea Arthur gets an extension and the board members have a good time at the footy that’s the main thing. Who wants a competitive team to follow……..

Mate I love coming 12th as long as I can tell everyone we made the semi's 4 years in a row and lost a GF..

Happy Days

emjaycee

Coach
Let's continue on the amazing positives

Club knew Guthos had shit knees so instead of having a backup consistently playing in CUP ready to come in they play his replacement at centre and 5/8 played what 2 games at fullback.

Sanders and Asi should have been the direct replacement for Moses but yeah we know how we positively f**ked this up..

Hands playing at 6 in cup if you are using MA at hooker use him in first grade ffs at 14...

Positives guys
Mate there are reasons for things that none of us know and that our ignorance doesnt make them negatives (or positives) - they are just unknowns.

Do you think maybe having Blaize play in FIRST GRADE in any position available is better for his preparedness as a first grade player than playing in Reggies? I don't know whether it is or not, but the professionals who do that for a living have made a call on what they think is best. They know more than you, me and even Hindy111.

Maybe Sanders leaving has meant the plan going forward is to use Hands as a backup in FG for Moses and Brown. That would mean he should be playing in the halves in Reggies right (the same as Blaize should be FB in Reggies). Do you know that that conversation hasn't been had? Again, I don't, so I won't guess and I definitely won't just look for a way to turn everything the club does into a negative, which seems to be your current go to position.

JokerEel

Coach
But they did happen - we rolled the dice on 3 players on minimum wage or near enough and they didnt pan out so we got them off the books as quickly as possible. How is that f**ked up with the club? Every club signs speccies and then let's them go when they don't work out. Is every club f**ked up in that regard?

And how the f**k was the Lomax signing luck? Since 2022 we have chased Staggs (stayed at Brisbane), Farnworth (stayed locally in QLD) and Lomax when he originally re-signed with Dragons. The minute he is on the market we go again for him and land him - where is the luck in that?

What had Sanders shown as an 18 year old that justified signing him for a 3 year contract when he was playing Flegg? Canberra have taken a risk on him as just like everyone is saying about Talagi, he hasn't shown anything to say he is worth north of $400k. Would you have preferred we let Moses go and kept Sanders?

But they did sign them why the f**k were they looking at them. Wasted top 30 spots we have 26 top 30 players now with a hand full of injuries

Yep positive

Lomax wanted out of the Dragons.it was an opportunistic signing. The Recruiting team probably were watching NRL 360 one night and heard that our club was interested and thought that's an idea....

Everyone you named knocked us back that's a positive...

Every good club can identify talent and sign them up long term we are just a shit club at identifying talent.

JokerEel

Coach
Mate there are reasons for things that none of us know and that our ignorance doesnt make them negatives (or positives) - they are just unknowns.

Do you think maybe having Blaize play in FIRST GRADE in any position available is better for his preparedness as a first grade player than playing in Reggies? I don't know whether it is or not, but the professionals who do that for a living have made a call on what they think is best. They know more than you, me and even Hindy111.

Maybe Sanders leaving has meant the plan going forward is to use Hands as a backup in FG for Moses and Brown. That would mean he should be playing in the halves in Reggies right (the same as Blaize should be FB in Reggies). Do you know that that conversation hasn't been had? Again, I don't, so I won't guess and I definitely won't just look for a way to turn everything the club does into a negative, which seems to be your current go to position.

That's all a bunch of bullshit now isn't it..

Hands won't play 5/8 in the NRL
Blaize will be bombed to hell for the next 4 weeks.

If they knew more than me they would not be in this position.

JokerEel

Coach
But you Pu and Anyone else can fluff the shit out of the club as much as possible but they are in this shit position because of the dumb decisions they have made .

Doesn't seem to happen at some better run clubs interesting

emjaycee

Coach
But they did sign them why the f**k were they looking at them. Wasted top 30 spots we have 26 top 30 players now with a hand full of injuries

Yep positive

Lomax wanted out of the Dragons.it was an opportunistic signing. The Recruiting team probably were watching NRL 360 one night and heard that our club was interested and thought that's an idea....

Everyone you named knocked us back that's a positive...

Every good club can identify talent and sign them up long term we are just a shit club at identifying talent.
So we should just easily sign everyone we talk to or make an offer to because you and some other forumites think it should be so? Are you really that naive to think that the player themselves might choose not to change clubs, cities, states just because we want them to?

emjaycee

Coach
That's all a bunch of bullshit now isn't it..

Hands won't play 5/8 in the NRL
Blaize will be bombed to hell for the next 4 weeks.

If they knew more than me they would not be in this position.
So when do you take over from Mark O'Neill mate?

emjaycee

Coach
But you Pu and Anyone else can fluff the shit out of the club as much as possible but they are in this shit position because of the dumb decisions they have made .

Doesn't seem to happen at some better run clubs interesting
Oh I know the club have made some really dumb decisions and I have no issues calling them out on it when they do, but I dont spend every waking hour posting unsubstantiated dribble just for likes and lol's on an internet forum.

JokerEel

Coach
Oh I know the club have made some really dumb decisions and I have no issues calling them out on it when they do, but I dont spend every waking hour posting unsubstantiated dribble just for likes and lol's on an internet forum.

I don't post for likes or lols

I don't post because the club in the end did the right thing.

I post because the club is going backwards and only a hand full of people on here and at the club don't realize that...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

And yet when we did lock up a very promising young 20 year old prop (Tevita) with pretty decent NSW form on a cheap 2 year deal (1 year Development + 1 year minimum)….and unfortunately didn’t kick on, the club is useless…….

Avenger

Immortal
It's lucky because Lomax took a paycut because he does not want to play wing and Flanagan can't cop him in any other position.

We lowballed Farnworth. We were never in the hunt for Staggs. So we were lucky, tight arses and delusional respectively.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Let's pretend those signings never happened...

Plus you just pointed out everything that's f**ked up with the club..

Lomax was a signing out of luck

Sanders Should have been on a contract till at least 21.

Yeah real positives..

What are we coming in first grade again?
Where would we be coming if Sanders and Talagi were on long contracts?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Let's continue on the amazing positives

Club knew Guthos had shit knees so instead of having a backup consistently playing in CUP ready to come in they play his replacement at centre and 5/8 played what 2 games at fullback.

Sanders and Asi should have been the direct replacement for Moses but yeah we know how we positively f**ked this up..

Hands playing at 6 in cup if you are using MA at hooker use him in first grade ffs at 14...

Positives guys
Talagi getting first grade exposure was more important for his development than playing fullback every week in reserve grade.

Sanders and Asi are still at the club and both had a turn replacing Moses.

Hands is a poor man’s Jake Arthur.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
ffs