What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
It's lucky because Lomax took a paycut because he does not want to play wing and Flanagan can't cop him in any other position.

We lowballed Farnworth. We were never in the hunt for Staggs. So we were lucky, tight arses and delusional respectively.
Maybe you're right, we were just lucky to get Lomax and probably unlucky not to get Staggs or Farnworth.
A bit like how the Dolphins were unlucky not to get Munster for $6M.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
That's great if we are but why has the club allowed it to get this far?

I will say we have offered him a new contract but low balled the hell out of him so now he is going to go out to market

But guys the club has done the right thing 👍

Sitting pretty mid table
I literally said there’s a good chance we are fiddling with our dicks. You can be dirty with the management and also acknowledge there are unknown facts at play at the same time.

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe you're right, we were just lucky to get Lomax and probably unlucky not to get Staggs or Farnworth.
A bit like how the Dolphins were unlucky not to get Munster for $6M.

I think we got lucky signing Lomax. Lucky we signed him when we did and before his form was soo HOT. Right not atealst 5 or 6 clubs would be chasing and he'd be offered more then 650k.

84 Baby

Referee
I literally said there’s a good chance we are fiddling with our dicks. You can be dirty with the management and also acknowledge there are unknown facts at play at the same time.
I’m the first to agree with you but have to admit the lack of Gutherson replacement knowing full well he’s walking wounded week in week out is a monumental f**k up. I’ve never seen Talagi as a fullback. Out and out centre for mine. Then we give him an easy out option because now he’s being touted as Gutho’s successor at fullback. Lomax as potentially a decent fullback had to fall into our laps for there to be a succession plan.
Which in itself highlights the problem. We seem stuck in this “need to be fluid mid market” mindset where we want to always be after bargains when another team wants to shed salary/unhappy player. Sure it may lead to a Lomax or RCG at opportune time, but it’s impossible to plan around. If that’s going to be our mindset around the upper end of squad, the lower end needs to be perfect and it is far from

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's all a bunch of bullshit now isn't it..

Hands won't play 5/8 in the NRL
Blaize will be bombed to hell for the next 4 weeks.

If they knew more than me they would not be in this position.
This position? Three wins after eight games is a meaningless sample, and only an idiot would take it as an opportunity to crow about all the shit they’ve been whinging about for a decade.

This administration has overseen 79 wins in five and a bit seasons (57% win rate). We have done much better than most clubs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But you Pu and Anyone else can fluff the shit out of the club as much as possible but they are in this shit position because of the dumb decisions they have made .

Doesn't seem to happen at some better run clubs interesting
We all agree there’s a few clubs bigger than ours. Those clubs are well resourced and just have fewer hard decisions to make.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And yet when we did lock up a very promising young 20 year old prop (Tevita) with pretty decent NSW form on a cheap 2 year deal (1 year Development + 1 year minimum)….and unfortunately didn’t kick on, the club is useless…….
But but but we should’ve offered even bigger deals to Sanders and Talagi; two merkins we can’t even fit into the top 17.

yy_cheng

Coach
I think we got lucky signing Lomax. Lucky we signed him when we did and before his form was soo HOT. Right not atealst 5 or 6 clubs would be chasing and he'd be offered more then 650k.
Agreed. Didn't even have to low ball I reckon. I am surprised the chooks didnt go for him at that price

yy_cheng

Coach
I’m the first to agree with you but have to admit the lack of Gutherson replacement knowing full well he’s walking wounded week in week out is a monumental f**k up. I’ve never seen Talagi as a fullback. Out and out centre for mine. Then we give him an easy out option because now he’s being touted as Gutho’s successor at fullback. Lomax as potentially a decent fullback had to fall into our laps for there to be a succession plan.
Which in itself highlights the problem. We seem stuck in this “need to be fluid mid market” mindset where we want to always be after bargains when another team wants to shed salary/unhappy player. Sure it may lead to a Lomax or RCG at opportune time, but it’s impossible to plan around. If that’s going to be our mindset around the upper end of squad, the lower end needs to be perfect and it is far from
Though not an indication, he was fb in the trials for a period of time.

I remember he was hesitant going for the high balls.

hindy111

Post Whore
Or great foresight to identify him while 5 or 6 other clubs recruitment team were asleep at the wheel…….

Everyone knew Lomax wanted out. His form the last few years has been average. We took a punt and 650k seemed fair at the time. I'd say other clubs interested at that price at that point of time. Perhaps His management said unless someone comes in atleast 50k more no interest as wants to go to Parra. His forms exploded since and in origin talk.
Who knows. It's a good signing however. I wonder where we play him.

Latest posts