What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Though not an indication, he was fb in the trials for a period of time.

I remember he was hesitant going for the high balls.

Seen him in NSW CUP also and was clueless under the high ball and positioning which was a worry. I'm happy to roll with the club knows how much potential he has.
Time will tell. To me he does look a centre or a potential fullback down track once gains muscle.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
you never stop lol
He’s like the terminator

Terminator 2 GIF

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Everyone knew Lomax wanted out. His form the last few years has been average. We took a punt and 650k seemed fair at the time. I'd say other clubs interested at that price at that point of time. Perhaps His management said unless someone comes in atleast 50k more no interest as wants to go to Parra. His forms exploded since and in origin talk.
Who knows. It's a good signing however. I wonder where we play him.
How did we take a punt? Think your timeline is a bit out

his form was great and already in origin contention before he was released by the dragons.

24th March - in origin contention

released 1 April

Signed eels 16 April

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

yy_cheng

Coach
Seen him in NSW CUP also and was clueless under the high ball and positioning which was a worry. I'm happy to roll with the club knows how much potential he has.
Time will tell. To me he does look a centre or a potential fullback down track once gains muscle.
I reckon he should have started on the Wing like many an outside backs. Hayne, Gutho, Suaili, Cobbo, etc started on the wing

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
No need to panic

Laney said yesterday its laughable that people write teams off after 8 games.

Matto said we are 1 win out of the top 8 and playing tough footy atm.

The players have it all under control.

Oh, I'm sold!

"Hello, work? Yes, I won't be in for the rest of the year, because I'm celebrating! What's that? What am I celebrating? Why, the Eels' 2024 Premiership win, of course! What do you mean that's hilarious? No, stop laughing - Matto, and Lane, said we're playing tough footy, and not to write us off! ...please stop laughing at me."

"Yes, hello, HR? I want to report an incident of workplace bullying. Yes, I am the Eels guy....stop laughing!"

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't think coach clauses are based on a player loving a coach. I think it's just another option to add in a players favour. Reality is every year 2 or 3 coaches are sacked. Over a players 3yr contract that's 50% of coaches.
Just gives then an extra option if they did feel like their forms improved and could get extra $$

I don't think coach clauses are based on a player loving a coach. I think it's just another option to add in a players favour. Reality is every year 2 or 3 coaches are sacked. Over a players 3yr contract that's 50% of coaches.
Just gives then an extra option if they did feel like their forms improved and could get extra $$
That's right, it's an additional trigger available to them should things go wrong (or they become more valuable). Coaches getting fired tends to be associated with a team that isn't going well, and this gives them a get-out option.

Jeral Skelton. The rugby union convert scored a try for the Bulldogs, got three linebreaks, 12 tackle busts and ran for 262 metres.
Sharks winger Sam Stonestreet was unstoppable for the Jets with two tries, two linebreaks, seven tackle busts and 242 running metres.

Not hard to find backs dominating Cup that would do a job in NRL
No need to overspend on Talagi.
I have been suggesting Skelton for over a year.

Soto

Bench
We can use all excuses we want. The sad reality is we should've had a top 30 not 26. Amateur at best. Now before someone jumps down my throat I know we've let a few go and that's great but we didn't even have a top 30 to begin with.
To me that's just madness and unacceptable...though the club can do no wrong.
Big difference between people being forum whingers and being realists. Everyone on here bar 2 or 3 are ardent Eels supporters. They want the best. Thus far performances, recruitment, retention have been sub standard again sending us into a downward spiral...it's like I saw this movie last year..and I don't like it

oldmancraigy

Coach
No need to panic

Laney said yesterday its laughable that people write teams off after 8 games.

Matto said we are 1 win out of the top 8 and playing tough footy atm.

The players have it all under control.

I think Carty might have said we were 12th and in trouble.
Must be why he is stuck on the bench behind the form forward of the comp in Lane?

Possibly he'll change it to 1 win short and get to start on Friday?