What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Cloeel

Juniors
Players have it in them or they dont you can tell early on in there careers.

I think Fifita will struggle in Sydney personally not many high profile signings already established in the game come to Sydney that are from Brisbane do well.

A bit different if you sign up with a club in Sydney and your from Brisbane as a junior and your young and just want to impress and build a career.

In Brisbane/GC you can coast through with the local media up in Brisbane & GC not being as vitriolic to players as they are in Sydney.

Broncos have the media under there thumbs with the protection racket and then GC probably dont give a stuff.

So the blowtorch will be applied in Sydney the moment fifita isnt delivering and i dont think he will be able to handle it.

Bit of a changing of he guard happening at the Chooks as well.

They will be rebuilding for the next couple years.

Going to the chooks = less money and less likely chance of immediate success. So why is he going to the chooks?

King-Gutho94

Coach

Going to the chooks = less money and less likely chance of immediate success. So why is he going to the chooks?
Uncle Nick promised him things that a small club like us can't.

Which is financial & business connections/oppourtunites via third parties that have no association with the chooks.

Politis would have a system in place where he can have friends who are heavy hitters come in with no affliation to the club and help players out weather its financial advice & planning, real estate, business oppourtunies away from the game.

In return the Director's lounge at Allianz stadium for Roosters games would always be full with a lot of freebies handed out. Invitations to corporate functions that can't be traced.

Like its not hard to figure out what actually goes on.

You just have to be smart about it.

JokerEel

Coach

Which is financial & business connections/oppourtunites via third parties that have no association with the chooks.

Politis would have a system in place where he can have friends who are heavy hitters come in with no affliation to the club and help players out weather its financial advice & planning, real estate, business oppourtunies away from the game.

In return the Director's lounge at Allianz stadium for Roosters games would always be full with a lot of freebies handed out. Invitations to corporate functions that can't be traced.

I would say uncle Nick has also promised his manager things as well..

Managers have lots of players that the Roosters can "help" out...

King-Gutho94

Coach
I would say uncle Nick has also promised his manager things as well..

Managers have lots of players that the Roosters can "help" out...
100% its as simple as taking them out to lunch and paying the bill at a nice restaurant.

I have had a few lunches at Bar Reggio in the city and Uncle Nick has actually been there on a one occasion that i was about 18 months & a few members of the roosters who would have around 19-20 years old they had there rooster polo shirts on and looked like he was having a feed with them and some of the coaches.

Who do you reckon pays the bill.

Little things like that which probably happen a lot lets be honest that cant one cant be included in the salary cap. And the other part it shows the players that he cares for them and wants to look after them and they become Roosters for life.

He also knows trouble when he sees one he pissed off Latrell the moment his ego got out of control and could see the spiral happening which was 3 months after the 2019 premiership win.

Do you reckon he is laughing at the toxic mess he has created at souths now haha.

Stevie

Bench
Sitili Tupouniua is said to be the odd man out. They will retain Angus.

I’d love to go after him he can absolutely find the line nicely.

Tell Lane he is unwanted.

Sitili Tupouniua is on $625k at Chooks as per Fairfax.

TheRam

Coach
Players have it in them or they dont you can tell early on in there careers.

I think Fifita will struggle in Sydney personally not many high profile signings already established in the game come to Sydney that are from Brisbane do well.

A bit different if you sign up with a club in Sydney and your from Brisbane as a junior and your young and just want to impress and build a career.

In Brisbane/GC you can coast through with the local media up in Brisbane & GC not being as vitriolic to players as they are in Sydney.

Broncos have the media under there thumbs with the protection racket and then GC probably dont give a stuff.

So the blowtorch will be applied in Sydney the moment fifita isnt delivering and i dont think he will be able to handle it.

Like I said we will never know what type of game player he would of developed into at the Panthers now. Also living out in Penrith is not quite like living in the heart of the city of Sydney. Much cheaper and slow pace and less distractions other then footy too.

I think he blew it from a footy development side of things. The Rooster can be great too, but they are more of a hit and miss option than the Panthers. But I think the lure of Uncle Nick and his after footy options might have had a significant sway as to why he signed there as we here so many of their players and former players suggest.

A lifetime of networks and guidance after footy is very appealing to many young men.

Parra have, well this bloke...

1715300507824.png

And this Bloke...

1715300423882.png

Stevie

Bench

I can answer that. His long time girlfriend Ms Bent is signed with Roosters NWLW long term.
Penrith won’t field an NRLW team until 2027.
Penrith to Bondi is a very long way.

It makes perfect sense to him tbf. Good luck to him.

Let’s grab Sitili Tupouniua.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Like I said we will never know what type of game player he would of developed into at the Panthers now. Also living out in Penrith is not quite like living in the heart of the city of Sydney. Much cheaper and slow pace and less distractions other then footy too.

I think he blew it from a footy development side of things. The Rooster can be great too, but they are more of a hit and miss option than the Panthers. But I think the lure of Uncle Nick and his after footy options might have had a significant sway as to why he signed there as we here so many of their players and former players suggest.

A lifetime of networks and guidance after footy is very appealing to many young men.

View attachment 87761

And this Bloke...

View attachment 87760
The only network connection Parra have is a yearly junket to Darwin with the NT Government to watch us embarrass ourselves on the field to the whole RL world in prime-time.

TheRam

Coach
I can answer that. His long time girlfriend Ms Bent is signed with Roosters NWLW long term.
Penrith won’t field an NRLW team until 2027.
Penrith to Bondi is a very long way.

It makes perfect sense to him tbf. Good luck to him.

Let’s grab Sitili Tupouniua.

Too proactive bud. What's wrong witch U?!

Sit down in that mediocrity chair of yours and be quites now.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

All these things are resources.

TheCrowe

Juniors

For the golf days.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Hmm, I don't think Fifita's a value buy for any club at those prices. Not based on the consistency or form he's brought to his club and rep career thus far anyway.

But good to see another club also saddled with huge expense for a (possibly) decent 40mins, the same way we've kind of ended up with our ageing middles.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Been a brutal year with injuries I said last week i dont think we have never seen so much carnage.

Fullbacks out - Campbell, Papenhuzen, Hammer, Turbo, Ponga, Gutho, Rapana & Walsh already missed a month,
Halfbacks - Moses, Illias, Fogarty, Reynolds, Boyd, Hughes atm.

Survival of the fittest atm.

84 Baby

Referee
Sitili Tupouniua is said to be the odd man out. They will retain Angus.

I’d love to go after him he can absolutely find the line nicely.

Tell Lane he is unwanted.

Sitili Tupouniua is on $625k at Chooks as per Fairfax.
Gee I’d thought Fairfax would help them out a bit more than that. Surely it’s a typo and he’s on $925k

the phantom menace

First Grade

View attachment 87761

And this Bloke...

View attachment 87760
😂 I know this is exactly your point, but... is it bad that I don't have a clue who these guys are? Presumably Chair and CEO - at least the top one has bothered to wear an Eels shirt on while he records his latest Tiktok in an official capacity.

oldmancraigy

Coach

We could do it as well

It is just a simple matter of being g smart enough not to discuss it during an actual board meeting (like, go grab coffees and chat you morons)
And especially not recording it while you're talking about it at the Board meeting

AND DEFINITELY not saying "don't worry mate, the recording is off" when it is still on

Latest posts