What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Delboy

First Grade
If he leaves won't that just mean we aren't really a "development club"?
Nope,means that the R&R team didn’t negotiate an extension prior to the option being declined. Add that to the lack of signings, deficient in speed and Houston we have a problem. Simmonson still unsigned despite stating he wants to stay.

Same R&R team that presided over the disintegration of the GF NRLW team and its demise since, and similar to being unable to sign anyone close to the ability of the 6 or so players leaving in 2022. Someone is getting big bucks to compete in that space with our peers, and we don’t.

JokerEel

Coach
Nope,means that the R&R team didn’t negotiate an extension prior to the option being declined. Add that to the lack of signings, deficient in speed and Houston we have a problem. Simmonson still unsigned despite stating he wants to stay.

Same R&R team that presided over the disintegration of the GF NRLW team and its demise since, and similar to being unable to sign anyone close to the ability of the 6 or so players leaving in 2022. Someone is getting big bucks to compete in that space with our peers, and we don’t.

But Lomax FFS!!!!

Suitman

Post Whore
First attempt under bomb a disaster but after that terrific in conditions. Two good stops on Cobbo. And his speed and footwork showed what we miss at fullback.

I agree. He's 19. He did well.
He showed more attacking prowess than Gutherson, but was way below Gutherson's safe play, lack of mistakes and defensive abilities.

These are the kids we should be ensuring that we keep though.
I see real intent and passion in Talagi's attitude - more than I have seen from many a junior for years.
Dare I say it - he has a bit of Hayne confidence about him.

Tiger5150

Bench
I heard a little rumour last night about a well known company that is potentially looking to be our Major Sponsor next year with ALAND moving away to the back of the jumper.

One of the directors high up of this company is coming over from America for the Sharks home game.

It will be interesting times if this company decides to jump on board

Again 🤔🤔🤔
ALAND will 100% not be the sponsor next year...take it to the bank.

Soto

Bench
Last night clearly showed this kid can play at the top level. I will put my hand up and say I had my doubts until then. Showing this and excelling in junior grades doesnt necessarily mean it will transpire in 1st grade. The intent, the confidence, the footwork, the strength, the speed, the attitude was refreshing and something that needs to be continued to be nurtured and encouraged.
He is the kind of player that can create something out of nothing. Another Dylan Brown attack wise.
Spine for next year would be exciting with 1 Talagi 6 Dylan 7 Moses and wait for it....
9 Gutho/14 Marthur
Gutho would easily transition into the 9 role and then move into lock if looking to bring Marthur or an attacking hooker on.
Our game needs to evolve and we need to ensure we have pace in the 1 6 7 positions.
I know it may sound and seem ridiculous or absurd but this is a way to keep Gutho very involved and he can lead from the front and organise attack and defence in the front line...
I just don't think Guth can stay fullback for much longer and centres will be lomax and penisini.
If Guth was to remain fullback then have no issue having Talagi on the wing to learn off Guth or play 14...
We need to evolve...we will have time to work on this over the off season...😃

JokerEel

Coach
Last night clearly showed this kid can play at the top level. I will put my hand up and say I had my doubts until then. Showing this and excelling in junior grades doesnt necessarily mean it will transpire in 1st grade. The intent, the confidence, the footwork, the strength, the speed, the attitude was refreshing and something that needs to be continued to be nurtured and encouraged.
He is the kind of player that can create something out of nothing. Another Dylan Brown attack wise.
Spine for next year would be exciting with 1 Talagi 6 Dylan 7 Moses and wait for it....
9 Gutho/14 Marthur
Gutho would easily transition into the 9 role and then move into lock if looking to bring Marthur or an attacking hooker on.
Our game needs to evolve and we need to ensure we have pace in the 1 6 7 positions.
I know it may sound and seem ridiculous or absurd but this is a way to keep Gutho very involved and he can lead from the front and organise attack and defence in the front line...
I just don't think Guth can stay fullback for much longer and centres will be lomax and penisini.
If Guth was to remain fullback then have no issue having Talagi on the wing to learn off Guth or play 14...
We need to evolve...we will have time to work on this over the off season...😃

I like your idea with Gutho to 9.

Latest posts