What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
Playing Storm after a Bellamy roasting...this may be the gift from the Storm to stamp BAs exit . No good feeling about this one at all...
I tip the forum may get a record number of posts come sun evening

King-Gutho94

Coach
Playing Storm after a Bellamy roasting...this may be the gift from the Storm to stamp BAs exit . No good feeling about this one at all...
I tip the forum may get a record number of posts come sun evening
I dont expect that to be the case this sunday.

I think the low-point could come in a fortnight if we get beat by Souths at Homebush.

Indigenous round - We will go in as heavy favourites looking for a soft win.

We would have tried hard the last 3 games (Manly, Brisbane, Melbourne) but come up short so confidence will be low but the effort was there and thats good enough i suppose.

Moses will be rusty first game back and everyone will just expect him to click his fingers and things will turnaround.

Latrell will look like a superstar.

It has all the hallmarks of a Parramatta loss.

You can see it happening a mile off really.

Avenger

Immortal

I think the low-point could come in a fortnight if we get beat by Souths at Homebush.

We would have tried hard the last 3 games (Manly, Brisbane, Melbourne) but come up short so confidence will be low but the effort was there and thats good enough i suppose.

Moses will be rusty first game back and everyone will just expect him to click his fingers and things will turnaround.

And it still won’t be BA’s fault

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd re sign Simmonson. Twice the player of Russel. Give 110%
People will talk about his dumb things but I find they are generally at desperate times.
Against Brisbane for example just before halftime. Yes if he dummy's he gets pass Walsh but 90% of players pass in that situation. His dropped ball over the line was tough and when the game was shot he took on the line amd went into touch. Meant nothing by then.
Overall he is improving as a player. On form he is our best back and easily our fastest.

Noise

Coach
I can see our season starting from the rabbittohs game....

We will smash them and will finally gel with talagi at fullback and Moses back, we will go on a massive streak and make the finals, and BA will keep his job.
Moses will be gone for origin so we will miss him for another 3 or so games after he comes back for one round. We are not going on a run any time soon.

hindy111

Post Whore

We will smash them and will finally gel with talagi at fullback and Moses back, we will go on a massive streak and make the finals, and BA will keep his job.

I can't. I think the season is cooked. At best we can finish the year with winning half of our games left. 15 games to go.
I tipped us to win 5 or less. How long ago was that? @Bandwagon
Right now I'd lean towards 5 or 6 wins at best.

King-Gutho94

Coach

In 11 years under BA these are the best winning streaks we have had each season.

BA has had more contract extensions then 4 game winning streaks in his tenure.

So i cant see things changing all of sudden and going on a massive streak when its never been done.

2014 - 3 wins (Rd4 to Rd6) & (Rd20 to Rd22)
2015 - 3 wins (Rd14 to Rd17) 1 Bye in between 1st & 2nd win
2016 - 3 wins (Rd 2 to Rd 4) & (Rd 12 to Rd 15) - 1 Bye in between 1st & 2nd win
2017 - 6 wins (Rd15 to Rd 22) 2 byes came in that 6 week streak after the 1st & 3rd win of that streak and we lost to bottom placed Newcastle at home that finished the streak
2018 - 2 wins (Rd7 to Rd8) & (Rd21 to Rd22)
2019 - 4 wins (Rd19 to Rd22)
2020 - 5 wins (Rd1 to Rd 5) - Covid Break interrupted between Round 2 & Round 3
2021 - 5 wins (Rd6 to Rd10)
2022 - 3 wins (Rd3 to Rd5) & (Rd 23 to Rd25)
2023 - 5 wins (Rd12 to Rd17) - Bye after the 2nd win in that week.

If you look quite closely its damming actually that only twice we have managed to win 4 weeks in a row when byes haven't come into play in 11 years.

We cant play 4 solid straight weeks of consistent footy under BA unless we get a breather/bye in between to freshen up the squad.

Gazzamatta

Coach

For we are one and free.

eel01s

Bench
I'd re sign Simmonson. Twice the player of Russel. Give 110%
People will talk about his dumb things but I find they are generally at desperate times.
Against Brisbane for example just before halftime. Yes if he dummy's he gets pass Walsh but 90% of players pass in that situation. His dropped ball over the line was tough and when the game was shot he took on the line amd went into touch. Meant nothing by then.
Overall he is improving as a player. On form he is our best back and easily our fastest.
This is a good example of dumb play. Simmonson had two options, draw and pass or dummy and go himself . He ended up waiting too long to pass and ended up throwing it forward.

King-Gutho94

Coach
This is a good example of dumb play. Simmonson had two options, draw and pass or dummy and go himself . He ended up waiting too long to pass and ended up throwing it forward.
The smart play these days is actually dummy,

Fullbacks like Walsh, Ponga, Tedesco are training & putting themselves into better positions between the ball carrier and the support player to knock the ball down.

I am surprised how many don't dummy as most FB's are already committed to trying to knocking it down or intercepting it these days.

I still have a nightmare at homebush from a few years back sitting in the dogs section & Averillo intercepting us and running the length on that miserable arvo we got pounded by them coming last.

I cant remember who passed it but was a braindead move they were under the sticks with a dummy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thats what happens when you have a shit roster. You can thank Sticky for projectorgate and getting rid of the deadwood - the best (and only) thing he did for the club!
As if the shit roster assembled itself. A roster like that is a sign of subpar resourcing. The fact is the roster improved because we started handing out illegal TPAs to lure merkins to the club. Well resourced clubs have legitimate arms length TPA providers that managers trust and don’t need to be funded or guaranteed by the club.

Latest posts