What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
In 11 years under BA these are the best winning streaks we have had each season.

BA has had more contract extensions then 4 game winning streaks in his tenure.

So i cant see things changing all of sudden and going on a massive streak when its never been done.

2014 - 3 wins (Rd4 to Rd6) & (Rd20 to Rd22)
2015 - 3 wins (Rd14 to Rd17) 1 Bye in between 1st & 2nd win
2016 - 3 wins (Rd 2 to Rd 4) & (Rd 12 to Rd 15) - 1 Bye in between 1st & 2nd win
2017 - 6 wins (Rd15 to Rd 22) 2 byes came in that 6 week streak after the 1st & 3rd win of that streak and we lost to bottom placed Newcastle at home that finished the streak
2018 - 2 wins (Rd7 to Rd8) & (Rd21 to Rd22)
2019 - 4 wins (Rd19 to Rd22)
2020 - 5 wins (Rd1 to Rd 5) - Covid Break interrupted between Round 2 & Round 3
2021 - 5 wins (Rd6 to Rd10)
2022 - 3 wins (Rd3 to Rd5) & (Rd 23 to Rd25)
2023 - 5 wins (Rd12 to Rd17) - Bye after the 2nd win in that week.

If you look quite closely its damming actually that only twice we have managed to win 4 weeks in a row when byes haven't come into play in 11 years.

We cant play 4 solid straight weeks of consistent footy under BA unless we get a breather/bye in between to freshen up the squad.

I dont even look at that.

Everyone that has a brain between their ears knows you have to be one of the top defensive sides to win a competition our defense has not improved enough under BA at all..

Stevie

Bench
A
medically retire Lane and make an offer to Angus
As I said. Tell Lane and Sivo there is no place for them beyond this season. They are both marketable for sale.

Tell Paulo he is free to explore other deals. Sadly not sure the appeal of his at current salary.

Angus would look good in blue and gold!

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'd re sign Simmonson. Twice the player of Russel. Give 110%
People will talk about his dumb things but I find they are generally at desperate times.
Against Brisbane for example just before halftime. Yes if he dummy's he gets pass Walsh but 90% of players pass in that situation. His dropped ball over the line was tough and when the game was shot he took on the line amd went into touch. Meant nothing by then.
Overall he is improving as a player. On form he is our best back and easily our fastest.

I agree.

I never got why people hate on him.

He makes some errors, but he gives 100%, and breaks plenty of tackles.

And he'd be our fastest back, with the possible exception of Moses.

Incorrect

Coach
I've been a huge fan of Angus Crighton for years, since his Bunnies days... I know he's having a bit of a renaissance season this year but I'd be looking elsewhere, or at the very least would be very wary of offering anything beyond 2 years and only if we were able to get Lane off our books at the same time....let's not forget, we're stuck with Lane because he too has a renaissance season in 2022 and we got sucked in hook line and sinker....

Latest posts