What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Gordon Tallis is one of very few that both knows what is going on and has the balls to call it out.
Teams who don't take risks with TPAs are always going to struggle.
TPAs are a risk for the player, not the club. It’s just that some clubs’ TPAs are more risky than others. Ponga’s TPA with the Knights is indeed technically not the club’s problem, but Ponga’s dad/manager whinging about it will hurt Newcastle’s future ability to use TPAs to reduce player costs under the cap.

This will force them to pay more under cap, squeezing out playing talent. The solution here is to take risks on rookies or injury prone players, and underspend on players outside the top 17, hoping for minimal injuries. This is where the risk lies for the clubs.

TheCrowe

Juniors
TPAs are a risk for the player, not the club. It’s just that some clubs’ TPAs are more risky than others. Ponga’s TPA with the Knights is indeed technically not the club’s problem, but Ponga’s dad/manager whinging about it will hurt Newcastle’s future ability to use TPAs to reduce player costs under the cap.

This will force them to pay more under cap, squeezing out playing talent. The solution here is to take risks on rookies or injury prone players, and underspend on players outside the top 17, hoping for minimal injuries. This is where the risk lies for the clubs.
Its a pretty big risk for the club if someone opens their mouth.
The Rorters know how to keep things tight.
12pts and $1 million fine sounds like a pretty fair risk for the club.
2016 says hi.

Stevie

Bench
That's fine, but they do have a right to see out their contract if they so choose. And that's business too.
So if you go back to my comments. I said telling the players they won’t play NRL again for Parra. Well honour the contract however they are free to find a new club.

I wasn’t suggesting taking them behind the shed and shooting them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Its a pretty big risk for the club if someone opens their mouth.
The Rorters know how to keep things tight.
12pts and $1 million fine sounds like a pretty fair risk for the club.
2016 says hi.
I bet every single one of their TPAs and other player incentives are above board in one way or another. An introduction to a property investor who sells houses for below market rate is just one of the perks of signing for unders with a well connected club. The Cowboys got away with it ffs. As if the Roosters won’t.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Gee its brave backflipping on Uncle Nick who can hold a grudge.

GC better be careful i reckon i know where the Roosters may be heading to get there next batch of Talent as a bit of revenge.

Palm Beach Currumbin may get a influx of roosters spotters shortly.