What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
That won't be happening surely our medical staff put there put down and block that if it's case.

Absolute ludicrous throwing anyone let alone a halfback into origin not playing after 10 weeks.
Pretty sure its the NSW Medicos that can make that call, not the club. Only way the club gets a say is if he would be unavailable for the club too that weekend.

84 Baby

Referee
I’ve been saying for years the standards of this club are absolutely appalling.
I’ve had few dealings with back office staff now and I’ve heard a few more stories. I’ll just say that as much as people say “we need more passionate fans running club”, that’s useless if those passionate fans are incompetent.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When someone like Corey Parker starts sounding like he knows more about our issues than our board, our HOF and our coach, you know the complacency, mediocrity and lack of accountability has reached a new pathetic level.
When Corey Parker is parroting your talking points maybe you should learn from it.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Are you talking a rookie? Or premiership winner Madge f**king Maguire?
I would say that the board consider anyone that isn’t BA a risk. I’d take Holbrook, Cheika…hell I’d take Madge to put a rocket up our pea hearts for the next few years.

However, we should have taken Bennett while he was available and the boards failure to get it done should see their eventual removal. They simply aren’t up to the job of overseeing a consistently successful football club. That should be their number one priority and daylight second.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I’ve had few dealings with back office staff now and I’ve heard a few more stories. I’ll just say that as much as people say “we need more passionate fans running club”, that’s useless if those passionate fans are incompetent.
Has anyone said we need passionate fans running
The club? We just need competent merkins from a corporate sense who also have an understanding of sport administration and who aren’t afraid to make tough decisions. We currently have a status quo, near enough is good enough, money first group of merkins. Surely that’s not that hard to find.

emjaycee

Coach
Has anyone said we need passionate fans running
The club? We just need competent merkins from a corporate sense who also have an understanding of sport administration and who aren’t afraid to make tough decisions. We currently have a status quo, near enough is good enough, money first group of merkins. Surely that’s not that hard to find.
Most clubs have successful bankers, lawyers and corporate people on their board. Some, but not all, have an ex-footy player as well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would say that the board consider anyone that isn’t BA a risk. I’d take Holbrook, Cheika…hell I’d take Madge to put a rocket up our pea hearts for the next few years.
I don’t think pea-heartedness is the problem with our squad. They are just not suited to the modern game. Our forwards lack mobility. All our defensive issues stem from there and I really don’t think our attack is a problem.

Holbrook and Maguire would get similar results to Arthur, I’m sure. I don’t get the love for Cheika. It would be like the Tigers hiring Alan Jones, only without all the gay jokes.
However, we should have taken Bennett while he was available and the boards failure to get it done should see their eventual removal. They simply aren’t up to the job of overseeing a consistently successful football club. That should be their number one priority and daylight second.
While Bennett is obviously a better coach than Arthur’s, I doubt it’s as simple as that. Can we afford him? Can we afford the rest of his demands? Does he even want to be involved in a rebuild? If he’s leaving the Dolphins it must mean he wants to win another premiership. I personally think the window for this squad is closed, including 2025.

the phantom menace

First Grade
While Bennett is obviously a better coach than Arthur’s, I doubt it’s as simple as that. Can we afford him? Can we afford the rest of his demands? Does he even want to be involved in a rebuild?
Well, reports were his third party people reached out to our club... where it's obvious a rebuild is clearly needed - as per your observations about our squad's lack of mobility.
If he’s leaving the Dolphins it must mean he wants to win another premiership.
Not particularly, big assumption... The Dolphins had promised the role to Woolf, and that timing was known at the time Bennett's contract was formed. Hence why Bennett was reaching out to secure employment for 2025.
I personally think the window for this squad is closed, including 2025.
You don't say... we've all been trying to tell you that for the past 18 months 😂

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We need someone like Pou, we all know he’s not passionate and we all know how smart and competent he is. Just ask him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don’t think pea-heartedness is the problem with our squad. They are just not suited to the modern game. Our forwards lack mobility. All our defensive issues stem from there and I really don’t think our attack is a problem.

Holbrook and Maguire would get similar results to Arthur, I’m sure. I don’t get the love for Cheika. It would be like the Tigers hiring Alan Jones, only without all the gay jokes.

While Bennett is obviously a better coach than Arthur’s, I doubt it’s as simple as that. Can we afford him? Can we afford the rest of his demands? Does he even want to be involved in a rebuild? If he’s leaving the Dolphins it must mean he wants to win another premiership. I personally think the window for this squad is closed, including 2025.
And Souths are a better option than us?? lol

Lebron James Sport GIF by NBA

Latest posts