What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Rocket man

Juniors
It smells like Moses's doesn't have the players best interest at all..

Must be bloody hard having to deal with player mangers bloody leaches
The manager works for the player.
Other players have told their employees they're not interested in leaving the current club.
Work our something with them.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If we can’t keep a talent like Blaize how in the hell can you call yourself a development club??? Truly embarrassing at every level.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
If we can’t keep a talent like Blaize how in the hell can you call yourself a development club??? Truly embarrassing at every level.
To be brutally honest, if we are developing them and they’re going to walk after receiving a fair offer (I assume), that’s on the player and the manager.

I know who I’d rather have between Lomax and Blaize for the foreseeable.

84 Baby

Referee
To be brutally honest, if we are developing them and they’re going to walk after receiving a fair offer (I assume), that’s on the player and the manager.

It’ll mostly come down to player value and risk assessment. A couple years back I’d have backed our recruitment to get it right. After the last round of negotiations but….

hineyrulz

Post Whore

What’s a fair offer?? And a talent like him should have been under and lock and key long ago. It should never have gotten to this stage. But but but the PO was real smart apparently.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We have 2 quality halves you could say probably next year only behind Melbourne as the best halves pairing in the game especially when Luai leaves Penrith.

Especially when you consider ours have been playing together for 6 years now.

We should be at the peak performance as a combination and still in the premiership window with those two.

Drown and Moses when fit or available we have been a top 4 side.

2019 - We missed the top 4 by 1 game - Drown missed 11 games with a back issue.
2020 - We made the top 4 despite Moses & Drown both missing 3 games in a 20 game shortened season.
2021 - We missed the top 4 by 1 game - Moses missed 4 games post origin when our slump started & Drown was suspended for 4 games that year as well so that was 2 thirds of the season we didn't have our halves combo.
2022 - Both basically played a full season and we made the GF - Moses missed 2 games that was all.
2023 - Missed the finals by 1 game - Moses missed 5 games & Drown 7 games.
2024 - Moses has already missed 7 games potentially more.
I agree the halves are our strength, but they are only part of the puzzle. Defence in the modern game requires mobile forwards.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I call bullshit on this.

All clubs are resourced the same under the salary cap and TPAs, as shown by a chart that came out several years ago, shows that majority of clubs have very few TPAs. In fact 2 clubs, Storm and Donkeys, were the only clubs with decent TPAs and with Storm most of those went to Smith and Slater. Those 2 would have still received the highest salary with the club as well. It showed that Roosters had less TPAs than Parramatta I believe.

History has shown that salary as paid under NRL contract is always paid but TPAs not. Therefor any NRL player that changes clubs based on TPAs is a fool and should change agents as well if so advised. I would say that TPAs would keep players at clubs but very rarely entice players to change clubs.
There’s a lot more ways to compensate players for taking a lower offer under the cap than just TPAs. Even having ‘investment contacts’ willing to sell them assets for less than they are worth has nothing to do with the NRL. It’s a purchase, not a source of income.
A poor roster usually reflects a poorly run club as in reality all clubs have similar resources.
And yet some clubs remain ‘well run’ decade after decade while others are ‘poorly run’ in perpetuity. You would have to say there is something fundamental at play here, given the people running those clubs come and go.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I agree the halves are our strength, but they are only part of the puzzle. Defence in the modern game requires mobile forwards.
You can't just say oh boo hoo, we don't have mobile forwards.....this is what coaching staff are there for. They should be training them to become more mobile and putting them on diets if they are overweight.....

I remember back in the Brian Smith days, we had dietitians that had every player on weight plans, and meals sent to each player daily.

Noise

Coach
You can't just say oh boo hoo, we don't have mobile forwards.....this is what coaching staff are there for. They should be training them to become more mobile and putting them on diets if they are overweight.....

I remember back in the Brian Smith days, we had dietitians that had every player on weight plans, and meals sent to each player daily.
It’s not the coach’s job to prepare players for the modern game.

Tiger5150

Bench
Its a shame Bennett didnt go there imagine what he would have done for the likes of Brooks & Nofaluma back in there prime.
I know you mean this as a sledge but both Brooks and Nofa DID have immense talent in *their prime and IMO its a tragedy that these guys had their talent and opportunities crushed in the disaster that has been the Tigers over the last 10 years (Im starting to think that Nofa has other issues). IMO 100% Brooks would be held in higher esteem if Bennett had him for those three years and I think the Tigers would have remained at zero spoons.