What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Take it as a grain of salt but I heard before the start of the year the bare minimum requirement was for BA to get us into the 8. Even doing so there was no guarantees there wouldn’t be changes, I believe this is an understanding between BA and management.

It might come down to who the club have lined up to replace him and if they can make it happen or not.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Man will land on Mars before BA is given the punt
There will be a mutual agreement to end his tenure once the board eventually make the decision.

I doubt the word sacked will be used when BA does eventually depart. It won't look like he was given the punt.

The board seem very governance driven and from a PR point of view the board, club and BA will part ways amicably.

JokerEel

Coach
On Blaize I am assuming it's still dragging on as Moses is trying to work everything he can for himself out of any deal. As noted he is also the manager of Flannagan so he will keep on mentioning it where ever he can to make us up the deal or other deals he can throw in...

It should also be mentioned that the dragons have just resigned their fullback so that's not an option from Blaize centre is also not an option currently either.

I am assuming the Roosters are not even interested in Blaize as who his manager is...

emjaycee

Coach
We have Storm, Souths, Dogs, Rooster before the BYE.
If we only managed one win I'd say he is terminated then.
Let's say we won 3/4 I reckon they see put the season.
And what about next season? I dont think he will be sacked mid-season this year - not a good look and no real benefit outside of the optics, but they may announce that he wasnt going to be here next year.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Pou, plenty of teams have lost halfbacks this year but they continue to win. Why do we fall into a hole without Moses? I believe it comes down to the systems they have in place and our 'system' (do we actually have one?) does not compensate for the loss of a halfback.
Very true... the system has nothing to do with "resources" and is entirely the head coach's responsibility (and the players' responsibility for performing sufficiently in it).
However my concern is that BA is incapable of changing tactics and will persist will current strategy of bash and barge will very little support of the ball carrier. In short a complete change needs to happen and in BA I do not trust.
Again, very true. A sadly one dimensional system, incapable of being effectively changed during a game to suit circumstances, and players trained out of their adaptability.

the phantom menace

First Grade
And what about next season? I dont think he will be sacked mid-season this year - not a good look and no real benefit outside of the optics, but they may announce that he wasnt going to be here next year.
If that's at play, I reckon they'll only announce that mid-year if they think something (about the intended 2025 replacement) is going to leak before end September.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well what are they f**king around for?? This season is brown bread.

Were they waiting for Bennett to be off the market?? If so they have done a bang up job yet again.
It wont be a good look for the board if BA goes at the end of the year and they basically gave Souths a free run at Bennett. While we sat around waiting for a season to finish that was gone before we even got to ANZAC day.

King-Gutho94

Coach
On Blaize I am assuming it's still dragging on as Moses is trying to work everything he can for himself out of any deal. As noted he is also the manager of Flannagan so he will keep on mentioning it where ever he can to make us up the deal or other deals he can throw in...

It should also be mentioned that the dragons have just resigned their fullback so that's not an option from Blaize centre is also not an option currently either.

I am assuming the Roosters are not even interested in Blaize as who his manager is...
Paul Kent said a story on Triple M about 5 years ago about a Player who was offered a big money contract by another club but he only got told by his manager that the value wasnt as high as what the club actually offered.

So the player decided to stay because he thought there wasnt much difference in the offers. When this player played this team who were chasing him a few months a later the opposition coach shook his hand and said its a shame you didnt end up coming and the coach told this player what the actual offer was which was more then what was passed on by the manager.

The player was played by his manager so the manger could get 2 players signed up at the same time at this one club instead of this player taking a larger offer at one club and the manager missing out and getting a better package at the players current club with getting 2 deals across the line.

The player was furious and sacked his manager after that.

Some Players are that dumb some of them don't realise they are actually the pawns for some of these Managers when it comes to contracts when it should be the other way around.