What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

EelsFan05

Bench
Disagree. The club has shown some balls here to do what they've done.
It's also refreshing to know he was going to be boned at the end of the year if results didn't improve and they started sounding out a replacement. The fact they were smart enough to see membership, sponsorships, crowds, merchandise sales were about to massively plummet they need to be applauded. Reputational damage to keep the coach on who had become bereft of ideas would've been huge and taken years to repair.
There is now a ray of hope for this year and into next year.
I wouldn't be surprised if the club received hundreds of emails last night from disgruntled paying fans wanting to terminate their membership and demand a refund...
Today is the beginning of a new era.
The club needs to be congratulated
My email went in after Darwin.... still waiting for a reply.

TheCrowe

Juniors
As a result of a lot of that we're not going to be making finals and winning Premierships, but we'll automatically just play better with the addition of Moses and Gutho.

Those two being out and/or playing injured just exposed how piss poor we are and those two pretty much kept BA employed for probably 5 years longer than he should've.
I hope so but teams have been running riot over us after half time. There are some bigger problems that have to be solved.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah, just listened as well.
They acknowledge there are much deeper development and R&R problems that go beyond coaching.
It is gloomy when you realise the premiership window is closed. But it's exciting to think that the next one will be bigger if we keep investing in junior development. If the club is as cashed up as these merkins all say it is, we will have academies in country NSW to rival the Panthers, in Queensland to rival the Storm and in NZ, QLD and country NSW to rival the Chooks.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But but but they trained the house down in the pre-season. Toughest pre-season ever. Went on multiple get aways. Even hid Cartys bag...
They were waxing lyrical on what a great, tough and different pre-season it was and all the talk was we would be back in the semis...
I guess shouldn't read too much into their reports..
They gave me a semi...now I need viagara
We were going well until we lost Moses. Belted the Dogs, lost by 8 in Penrith after some injuries and then a great comeback win over Manly. The preseason seemed fine eight weeks ago.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As a result of a lot of that we're not going to be making finals and winning Premierships, but we'll automatically just play better with the addition of Moses and Gutho.

Those two being out and/or playing injured just exposed how piss poor we are and those two pretty much kept BA employed for probably 5 years longer than he should've.
Don't they just show the importance of onfield leadership?

Soto

Bench
We were going well until we lost Moses. Belted the Dogs, lost by 8 in Penrith after some injuries and then a great comeback win over Manly. The preseason seemed fine eight weeks ago.
Losing Moses should never have had such a significant effect. Plenty of other clubs have lost their halves, hookers etc and still performed admirably...we haven't.
We've been diabolical against dolphins in the 2nd half, Raiders and Storm 2nd half...
We look unfit and certainly disinterested...
The decision's been made and the correct one at that. BA was a beaten man and you could see this yday. Ending the presser early was a sure sign he's a gonner.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I don't think we were going that well even with Moses....we had almost all the ball against the dogs, and had many favourable calls against manly...

Even if Moses didn't get injured, I don't think we would have won many more games than what we have now. There is something wrong with the group this season, they don't look hungry. They look like a team that have never played together before. The way our edges were getting carved up from the start of the season was inexplicable. I know we have always been weak on the edges, but this season it's on another level.

Maybe we miss Waqa Blake....

Parra Pride

Referee

It’s all well and good to point out we are missing our two most important players, if we were losing close ones you’d almost look the other way. We got belted by a reserve grade Dolphins side and now a Storm side also missing two of its most important players from the start, which progressed to three of them by half time… And it was only when they were down Munster did they make us look like a pub squad and put on an extra 32 points.

Chipmunk

Coach
It’s all well and good to point out we are missing our two most important players, if we were losing close ones you’d almost look the other way. We got belted by a reserve grade Dolphins side and now a Storm side also missing two of its most important players from the start, which progressed to three of them by half time… And it was only when they were down Munster did they make us look like a pub squad and put on an extra 32 points.
Yeah I don't disagree, and it's hard to fathom exactly how dreadful we've become.

I still think you'll see a marked improvement when Moses and Gutho return.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Losing Moses should never have had such a significant effect. Plenty of other clubs have lost their halves, hookers etc and still performed admirably...we haven't.
We've been diabolical against dolphins in the 2nd half, Raiders and Storm 2nd half...
We look unfit and certainly disinterested...
The decision's been made and the correct one at that. BA was a beaten man and you could see this yday. Ending the presser early was a sure sign he's a gonner.
The Storm lost Cam Smith and got belted 40-0 in a grand final. Their record in general without him was atrocious. Some players are that important to their sides. No Moses isn't Smith but we're not the Storm either.

Arthur certainly wasn't essential to our side but I doubt sacking him will fix anything in the short term. Only the return of Moses will do that. Our defence is built around his kicking game.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Arthur certainly wasn't essential to our side but I doubt sacking him will fix anything in the short term. Only the return of Moses will do that. Our defence is built around his kicking game.
Show Out Music Video GIF by Pell

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
The Storm lost Cam Smith and got belted 40-0 in a grand final. Their record in general without him was atrocious. Some players are that important to their sides. No Moses isn't Smith but we're not the Storm either.

Give it a rest pou.....let us enjoy this moment

Latest posts