What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
So much so that in a recent conversation about his future, Campbell-Gillard indicated his preference was to head to England to play in the Super League once his contract expired in 2025, but would be willing to play another season, only if Arthur was at the helm.

Gronk

Staff member
Gee. I just listened to the TCT Brads Gone Poddy.
Gloomy stuff. Pretty inconsolable team over there.
It seems that you were expecting them to throw empty cans at BA instead of signing his big card ?

Cos nobody was inconsolable apart from one who thought that he should have been let go at the end of the year. ONLY because he reckons that the problems are way deeper that the head coach and that there is bugger all that the new interim guy can do to change things around*.

* I agree that if we are to sign a new coach for 25, then he needs to be signed now. That makes BA untenable etc. There is no easy way to transition to a new coach. Plenty of clubs have tried, rarely are you successful. Bennett at least is prepared to walk away and mentor. That kind of works.

84 Baby

Referee
So much so that in a recent conversation about his future, Campbell-Gillard indicated his preference was to head to England to play in the Super League once his contract expired in 2025, but would be willing to play another season, only if Arthur was at the helm.

Sea Eagles assistant Michael Ennis is another option being discussed. He has previously worked at the Eels under Arthur and has held several assistant coach and junior representative head coach jobs over the past few years.
Oh god please no

Gronk

Staff member
Sea Eagles assistant Michael Ennis is another option being discussed. He has previously worked at the Eels under Arthur and has held several assistant coach and junior representative head coach jobs over the past few years.
One million to one. Being discussed by who ?

It’s all well and good to point out we are missing our two most important players, if we were losing close ones you’d almost look the other way. We got belted by a reserve grade Dolphins side and now a Storm side also missing two of its most important players from the start, which progressed to three of them by half time… And it was only when they were down Munster did they make us look like a pub squad and put on an extra 32 points.

I don't think the Dolphins result would have changed, but in other matches I suspect the rest of the team's 'belief' that the game is still live when down by 10 would be quite different with both Moses and Gutho in the side. And that makes quite a difference to players who aren't as sharp as they should be. And just having better executed kicking plays alone means your are a) in better field position and b) sometimes 4-6 points up on where we've been.
The floggings are what was most concerning. Can't score points at least defend like your life depends on it.
Browns kicking in the games he has kicked has actually been very good.
Asi did most of the kicking the other day and it wasn't bad.
I think the side being mentally weak knowing that Moses and Guth not being there to save their asses is also another massive concern.
This again speaks to a lack of leadership.
Blokes being paid $600k plus should be standing up and delivering..
In any case all done and dusted now.
I've not be as excited for TLT for a long time.
I hope Barrett rings in the changes.
Hopefully Lane, Lussick, Kelma, Makatoa and Sivo are sent packing to NSW cup.
In come Matto, Wiremu, Doorey, Mathur and I'd give Cini a crack on the left wing
If Moses is available out goes Asi. Also find a spot for Hands to share hooking duties with Marthur.
I agree. What I'm saying is that with Moses and Gutho in the side, you don't get to find out that too many of the others are not handling it. I was responding to a post that argued that Moses and Gutho wouldn't have made much of a difference to the results. And I think they would have.

Gazzamatta

Coach
It seems that you were expecting them to throw empty cans at BA instead of signing his big card ?

Cos nobody was inconsolable apart from one who thought that he should have been let go at the end of the year. ONLY because he reckons that the problems are way deeper that the head coach and that there is bugger all that the new interim guy can do to change things around*.

* I agree that if we are to sign a new coach for 25, then he needs to be signed now. That makes BA untenable etc. There is no easy way to transition to a new coach. Plenty of clubs have tried, rarely are you successful. Bennett at least is prepared to walk away and mentor. That kind of works.
Cans no, card definately.
You are 100% Gronky. No easy way. Apart from the McElduff comments it was definitely better than how Souths handled it.
Being a softie Im not sure Id have ruined BAs 50th party though.
I definitely wouldnt have told his team via text message or his leaders via phone call.
It needed a little of Whitlam, Frasier and Kerr subterfuge from November 11, 1975. Face to face was the way to go.
Interesting how MON is totally invisible in all of this?
Anyway, nobody can fault TCTs passion or dedication. Certainly better men than me Gunga Din but to absolve BA from any blame whatsoever is puzzling.

gaffer

Juniors
Cans no, card definately.
You are 100% Gronky. No easy way. Apart from the McElduff comments it was definitely better than how Souths handled it.
Being a softie Im not sure Id have ruined BAs 50th party though.
I definitely wouldnt have told his team via text message or his leaders via phone call.
It needed a little of Whitlam, Frasier and Kerr subterfuge from November 11, 1975. Face to face was the way to go.
Interesting how MON is totally invisible in all of this?
Anyway, nobody can fault TCTs passion or dedication. Certainly better men than me Gunga Din but to absolve BA from any blame whatsoever is puzzling.
MON has to go too

Glenneel

Bench
Slater or Bennett, but doesn’t look like either are a chance now.
In retrospect would Bennett have been the right choice? He's last premiership was 2010? at Dragons, so 13 years ago, and 2 failed attempts since. Admittedly he'd make us more competitive but maybe his premiership winning ways are now beyond him. Anyway a moot point as going to Souths which was probably always his focus, probably used us to increase his price.

Latest posts