What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
This season is a write off already, not sure the board know what they want to achieve by sacking BA at this point and leaving it to to Barrett.
Would've like to seen Cartwright get a shot at it, but he is off to St Helens.
Maybe someone like Steve Price?
Gordon Tallis said "what is the point of sacking BA if you missed out on Bennett? You only sack BA if you are upgrading. "

I can only think that there are some coaches out there who won't put their hat in the ring if it was to cut BA's grass. So the board felt that they just had to get BA out of the picture. They certainly didn't do it because they were desperate for a dead cat bounce for the next few rounds.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I did listen. They were saying that BA needed to go and that he had reached his end. They qualified that by saying that there were a few highly paid players with shit form who hastened his departure and that's on their shoulders. They also said that there are many in the back office who are more than responsible for recruitment and failures in pathways that should be looked at as well.

I don't agree it was depressing listening. It was sombre only because it is a day in the history of the Eels that you prefer didn't happen. Other than that, they just told hard truths.
Maybe I shouldnt have listened to it so soon after. Let is absorb a little. The 40s guy could see the writing on the wall. Ill agree in that instance.
Anyway, onwards and upwards. Exciting times. Very much looking forward to the Cronulla game now.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Gordon Tallis said "what is the point of sacking BA if you missed out on Bennett? You only sack BA if you are upgrading. "

I can only think that there are some coaches out there who won't put their hat in the ring if it was to cut BA's grass. So the board felt that they just had to get BA out of the picture. They certainly didn't do it because they were desperate for a dead cat bounce for the next few rounds.
Yeah probably.

emjaycee

Coach
Great but too little too late. If we'd acted sooner Bennett may have come here, instead now we have Barrett for rest of year! Another failed coach despite Gould talking him up.
Bennett wouldn't have come until ne t year, so we would still have Barrett for the rest of the year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
when Smith got punted and Taylor took over did we make the finals? Then JT was punted for Hagan But i dont think barrett will be our saviour
That '06 side were minor premiers the year before. They weren't bums. In the end they won as many games as we did last year.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Missing out on Bennett means I was right about the club and the squad, and that's depressing.
You're never right... what are you even talking about this time?
I'm halfway through this press conference and it's depressing too. I'm going to get a coffee and reflect on the poor choices I've made.
That's wise. Maybe we'll see a new posting style from you on here, as a result of your reflections?