What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach

NRL 2024: Brad Arthur breaks silence on Parramatta Eels sacking​

Brad Arthur has broken his silence on his shock Parramatta Eels sacking, insisting he shows no bitterness towards the club.

Brad Arthur has broken his silence following his shock termination as Eels coach.

The long-serving Parramatta mentor was told that his 11-year tenure was over on Monday afternoon.
On the day that he celebrates his 50th birthday, Arthur said he held no bitterness towards the club.
“I’m not bitter, I’m grateful to the club for the opportunities that have been given to me,’’ Arthur said.

“In 11 years I’ve been able to look after my family, made lots of great friendships, learnt so much about rugby league, learned a lot about managing people and expectations and most importantly got to experience the excitement of an NRL grand final week and game without getting the desired result.

“I understand it’s a results driven business and our performances weren’t where they needed to be recently.
“I’m extremely grateful to the playing group for the respect they’ve shown me and my family and I wish them all the best for the rest of the year and I know they can turn it around.
“I’ve loved having the privilege of shaping young family’s lives.

“It’s really satisfying that as a club we’ve been able to help some players reach representative honours.

“Thank you to the many people who’ve reached out to me to show their support. I’m overwhelmed with everyone in the playing group reaching out to thank me.

“After a short break I look forward to new opportunities and challenges. I feel I still have plenty to give.

“I know I’ve made mistakes but I feel like I’ve got a few things right too.

“I don’t want to single any players out but it would be unfair to not thank Clint Gutherson for the years of torture he put his body through for me.

Zoso

Juniors
Sean McElDuff and Jim Sarantinos have resurrected themselves in my books. They were MIA most of the time but it's good to see someone wants success at Parramatta.
I’ll give them an ‘A’ for desire and effort, ‘F’ for execution, planning, and media management.
If they really decided they wanted BA replaced 3 weeks ago, they’ve had plenty of time to come up with plan B before announcing how they failed with their first preference.
They both look daft.
I keep saying it but new guy will be labelled the 2nd choice, consolation coach.
I figured BA would go but I also thought the board would at least pretend to go through some sort of considered and planned search on the quiet.

Avenger

Immortal
I’ll give them an ‘A’ for desire and effort, ‘F’ for execution, planning, and media management.
If they really decided they wanted BA replaced 3 weeks ago, they’ve had plenty of time to come up with plan B before announcing how they failed with their first preference.
They both look daft.
I keep saying it but new guy will be labelled the 2nd choice, consolation coach.
I figured BA would go but I also thought the board would at least pretend to go through some sort of considered and planned search on the quiet.
They couldn’t have been anymore quiet.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They both look daft.
They were boxed into a corner by the media narrative that we rated Arthur over Bennett.

Last edited:

the phantom menace

First Grade
Maika Sivo
He might have been notified of something else...

200.gif