What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
For whats its worth , I heard on the radio 2gb ( Mark Levy i believe) saying he had a call from a friend with strong connections to Penrith and that Jarome will be at Camp Concord within a couple of weeks.
Wow, f**k, shit, crazy, not sure how they do this with the cap? But fantastic.
Would put us competing for the 8, if it all works how we think for 24?

Tigerm

First Grade
What is Luai upon his arrival in 24 or 25 does the same.........
We’re already geared up without him, albeit not as good with him, but you have to admit, Nathan he is a huge hole for you or anyone to fill, he is not only the best half but also player in the business?
Most of your game would revolve around him wouldn’t it?
IMO, you would find it harder, than we would, though you have the better team?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
We’re already geared up without him, albeit not as good with him, but you have to admit, Nathan he is a huge hole for you or anyone to fill, he is not only the best half but also player in the business?
Most of your game would revolve around him wouldn’t it?
IMO, you would find it harder, than we would, though you have the better team?

Penrith do have depth in their squad. That bloke from Canberra, Laurie at 5/8th if Jarome doesn't stay for 24. Penrith did have game in 23 where both Jarome and Nathan were missing. I believe they still won.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Agree, but if the pennies throw him to the kerb, we‘ll take him?
Yes however I don’t think they will. They worked well with Burton, Api and Kikau after knowing they were leaving for a whole year. The only way it would likley end early is if Luai threw a tantrum and refused to turn upto training. If that were to happen Id be disappointed thats the type of player we are signing.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yes however I don’t think they will. They worked well with Burton, Api and Kikau after knowing they were leaving for a whole year. The only way it would likley end early is if Luai threw a tantrum and refused to turn upto training. If that were to happen Id be disappointed thats the type of player we are signing.

I agree. The blueprint is already there. Gives Luai a chance fpr one last dance. My only concern is Jarome's new managament company, the same as Mitchell and Wrighton use. They appear to be 'cut from a different cloth' so to speak.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT:
Kristian Woolf on Latu Fainu: “Just his skillset. He has got a good kicking game. He has a good passing game. He is confident. He reads the game well. I think he is going to fit in well as a six.”

“He is young. He has got a lot to learn. He has got a lot of hard work ahead of him. But he is physically equipped, and he showed that in everything he did overseas, both in training and certainly when he played.”

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
Addin Fonua-Blake has rejected a $4.5 million/4 year offer from the Dragons to sign with the Sharks for approx $950k-$1mill per season from 2025. No player swap and Warriors have waived the 10 day signing period (Telegraph)

Pity, Api would have looked good hanging off his shoulder hahaha

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
True although looking at the bigger picture, cleary hasn’t paid for what he did to wt, with his out of control spending, then exit without a second thought ..it may be pay back time? ..I’m sure Luai’s got enough demons to make it happen if he feels so inclined and who are we to stop fate

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT:
Interesting stats?

Not really a surprise the drop off in Luai’s kicking numbers given the drop off in touches:

2020/21:
48 games
2,179 touches
42 try assists
33 forced drop outs
4,877 kick metres

2022/23:
42 games
1,611 touches
26 try assists
9 forced drop outs
2,627 kick metres

Can’t say if they are right or not, but it’s screaming out that Luai needs to get the ball more? I think that will happen here hahaha
You’re not NBWT are you @Vic Mackey haha

Iamback

Coach
NBWT:
Interesting stats?

Not really a surprise the drop off in Luai’s kicking numbers given the drop off in touches:

2020/21:
48 games
2,179 touches
42 try assists
33 forced drop outs
4,877 kick metres

2022/23:
42 games
1,611 touches
26 try assists
9 forced drop outs
2,627 kick metres

Can’t say if they are right or not, but it’s screaming out that Luai needs to get the ball more? I think that will happen here hahaha

As I said watch the games with no Cleary, he just sticks to the left and leaves Cogger/SOS to kick.

Vic Mackey

Referee
NBWT:
Interesting stats?

2020/21:
48 games
2,179 touches
42 try assists
33 forced drop outs
4,877 kick metres

2022/23:
42 games
1,611 touches
26 try assists
9 forced drop outs
2,627 kick metres

also worth nothing that 2020/21 was the horrible vlandys ball rules which was basically all out attack. Having Api in those years would have helped a lot as well.

Tigerm

First Grade
So just a hypothetical...if Luai did come in '24...would that make it a 6 year deal or just bring the 5 forward ?
6 I would think and on the supposed $780k for the 24 season he was on with Penrith?
Not saying he’s coming either, but we must have the cap space, as we had offered AFB $1m for 24 and withdrew the offer?
Did they know something ooooooooh?

6 I would think and on the supposed $780k for the 24 season he was on with Penrith?
Not saying he’s coming either, but we must have the cap space, as we had offered AFB $1m for 24 and withdrew the offer?
Did they know something ooooooooh?
I can’t see there is a way he leaves Penrith for the same salary he is on today; even for a year. That would defeat the purpose.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
For whats its worth , I heard on the radio 2gb ( Mark Levy i believe) saying he had a call from a friend with strong connections to Penrith and that Jarome will be at Camp Concord within a couple of weeks.
If so top 8 next year. Premiers the year after.

My understanding is Richardson has done it before therefore he (with the help of players, coaching staff, head office etc etc) could do it again.

macnaz

Staff member
I can’t see there is a way he leaves Penrith for the same salary he is on today; even for a year. That would defeat the purpose.
Who says he has to ? We give him his $1.1 m in 2024 and Penrith wipes their hands with him and save their $0.6 m payment for 2024. Simples .

Latest posts