What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
His finishing as a winger was poor until this year (because he's a fullback) but it has noticeably improved this year to the point where it a strength. He seems super coachable
I've read your posts about you rating him as a good fullback but I don't want short fullbacks.
He is a good winger/finisher in the mould of To'o and if Bula can't play for whatever reason then he will be a good replacement, other that that it's Bula's possy.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I've read your posts about you rating him as a good fullback but I don't want short fullbacks.
He is a good winger/finisher in the mould of To'o and if Bula can't play for whatever reason then he will be a good replacement, other that that it's Bula's possy.
I can't think of a good tall fullback apart from Turbo?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Great to see our club doesn't leak stories like a fkn siv anymore. I've even noticed NRL 360 are struggling to keep up with their KPIs of talking about us every night.

If Turuva is happy to play wing and backup FB then happy days, but I'm sticking with Bula as first string. It would be great to get a taller and more powerful player on the wing but you can't deny Turuva is talented as f**k and got a huge career in front of him

gordsy

Juniors
It would have become a legal case that could have dragged out a few years with manly having to pay him maximum money during that time.Its the cheapest way to get him off there books
I meant what happened to the Manly are so smart, Mestrov is a genius stories. Sounds like they were all bullshit and now the truth is coming out and Manly aren't so smart and Schuster isn't so dumb after all. Funny that

Tigerm

First Grade
I meant what happened to the Manly are so smart, Mestrov is a genius stories. Sounds like they were all bullshit and now the truth is coming out and Manly aren't so smart and Schuster isn't so dumb after all. Funny that
Not sure about Schuster not being dumb.
He walked out with $1m, but left $1.8m behind and the chances of him getting another payday like that, will probably be remote.

Turuva would be a great pick up. Ideal replacement for Tupou and definitely an upgrade. His work getting the Panthers out of their end is a huge part of their success (along with the likes of Edwards, To’o, Critta and Manu others over the years). Starting to put together a very strong backline.

Bula
Turuva
Olam
Toa
Naden
Galvin
Romey

probably still need another wing option and a few middle forwards - especially if Stef bails

Nutz

Bench
I can't think of a good tall fullback apart from Turbo?
When I say tall I mean not short. Sunia Turuva is 181cm which is taller than he looks considering Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad is 182cm. Doesn't add up to me???
I like players to be able to hold their own in a bomb contest, Bula is ideal for me at 187cm and should develop into a solid fullback. It's my preference.
I do get your point as there are more shorter fullbacks playing atm than tall ones, like Edwards.
I'd actually like to see your man in the centres where he'll get his hands on the ball at least once in a set.. normally.

simmo1

First Grade
Turuva looks the goods to me, but we haven't exactly had great success with Panthers backs over the years.

Nutz

Bench
Turuva looks the goods to me, but we haven't exactly had great success with Panthers backs over the years.
I think he'll go well Simmo however he's been playing on the end of a very talented, well drilled backline and team.
Shite! I'm praising the Panthers, I better lay down and take a nap ;)

Nutz

Bench
Great to see our club doesn't leak stories like a fkn siv anymore. I've even noticed NRL 360 are struggling to keep up with their KPIs of talking about us every night.

If Turuva is happy to play wing and backup FB then happy days, but I'm sticking with Bula as first string. It would be great to get a taller and more powerful player on the wing but you can't deny Turuva is talented as f**k and got a huge career in front of him
I was just listening to Richo on the radio. There's some red tape but he basically said it was done.

Nutz

Bench
Reading between the lines, sounds like it’s done (we can’t announce anything kind of implies it’s a done deal) - either way an odd quote. Surely a “when we have something to announce we will let you all know” would’ve been more appropriate.
Sorry pal, I posted saying basically the same thing without noticing your post.

Das Hassler

Bench
Gee I like Phats. He was a good player hey Das. Shane was a very honest first grader also.

Absolutely!..Shane Elford was one of the most underappreciated players at the time...he'd make a great backline defensive coach...don't know what his role is at the panthers at the moment but would love to have him over here

Nutz

Bench
The 10 day cooling off period is the biggest load of crock since the disrupter rule.
If a player signs then that's it. It's up to the player and his agent to sort out all the touchy feely stuff prior to committing to another club.
In this case the player has already addressed his fellow team mates stating that he's leaving so it's the Panthers fault if any by not trying to retain him.
If the cooling off period was scrapped the clubs would be more diligent in making sure they have all the apples they need and want in the basket....they snooze, they lose.
Stiff shitesters imo.