What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's not the answer for you guys - runs sideways or backwards more than any half I've ever seen.
Behind a beaten pack, I fully agree.

And in the halves this year he isn't going to look too good. But at Fullback next year, given the role of running only, I think he'll do better. I know he's not the greatest fullback, but if his role is kept simple, I think he could make a decent fist of it.

super_coach

First Grade
for what it is worth a guy on another forum is saying Ferguson is a done deal for next year. Be a very handy player to have if you could keep his head in the right space, but many have tried and many have failed

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just keep him off the grog and under a curfew, with a gps bracelet and...

Shredder

Juniors
I hate to say it, but he might be the strike outside back we are looking for.

Have never rated him as a person, but I rate him as a player

Shredder

Juniors
He finds the line Unit - and hes reasonably strong. If Ivan could keep him focused, he would do the job.

Vic Mackey

Referee
for what it is worth a guy on another forum is saying Ferguson is a done deal for next year. Be a very handy player to have if you could keep his head in the right space, but many have tried and many have failed

I just couldn't see it unless the money was well above others. Ferguson has regularly stated he wants to play for premiership contenders. Left cronulla to the raiders when they looked more likely, then went to the roosters over other clubs offering more money. We're definetly on the way up but still a bit off being a power club.

super_coach

First Grade
I just couldn't see it unless the money was well above others. Ferguson has regularly stated he wants to play for premiership contenders. Left cronulla to the raiders when they looked more likely, then went to the roosters over other clubs offering more money. We're definetly on the way up but still a bit off being a power club.

Might not have a lot of other offers. Someone said he was on the outer with Robinson because he had started to slip back into his old ways,

I just think it would be a strange signing if your are trying to change your culture, but Cleary might think if he can get all these guys together he may be able to form a "dirty 17" (like the movie dirty dozen) and create a siege mentality. Who knows, me personally we need a class outside backbit I would prefer Hopa

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I've never rated him as a person or player
Wow, you really are a f**king idiot. Fergo has always been one of the games premier outside backs. He's a current mainstay for Australia and NSW and was last years player of the tournament in the Four Nations. Obviously he has had some unsavoury aspects to his personal life. If we are willing to sign Russell Packer who has actually done time, I think Fergo will fit right in under the reformed club culture we are fostering.

Das Hassler

Bench
H
Might not have a lot of other offers. Someone said he was on the outer with Robinson because he had started to slip back into his old ways,

I just think it would be a strange signing if your are trying to change your culture, but Cleary might think if he can get all these guys together he may be able to form a "dirty 17" (like the movie dirty dozen) and create a siege mentality. Who knows, me personally we need a class outside backbit I would prefer Hopa

Hoppa has re signed with the dogs.

innsaneink

Referee
Fergo is way down on his best of a few years ago....his receding hairline probably has a lot to do with it

Vic Mackey

Referee
Word going round on Twitter that Mahe Fonua will be back in the NRL prior to June 30 this year. No mention of a club.

Having a look at our initial 2017 squad we've already lost (for this year)

Simona
Moses
Griffin
Paeska
Idris (contract was based heavily on match payments)

Signed:

MWZ
Lolohea
Suli (upgraded)

So you'd think we'd still have room for someone else

Clifferd

Coach
Word going round on Twitter that Mahe Fonua will be back in the NRL prior to June 30 this year. No mention of a club.

Having a look at our initial 2017 squad we've already lost (for this year)

Simona
Moses
Griffin
Paeska
Idris (contract was based heavily on match payments)

Signed:

MWZ
Lolohea
Suli (upgraded)

So you'd think we'd still have room for someone else

Who would make room for him? Release Naiqama? Or just depth for this year

BrotherJim05

Bench
Is Ferguson rumour actually true? Would he be playing right centre with Nofa or used at Fullback.

The benefit with Ferg and Lolohea is their combined cost would be less than an elite level fullback (E.g. Dugan)