What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Big no to Goodwin from me, the guy's been a plodder his whole career and turns 33 next year. Maybe for backup on a minimal contract but if we sign him with a view of being in our 17 we're in all sorts

A guy like John Olive who's struggling to get a run at GC would be a much better target.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hear we are after Curtis Rona aswell

i think the ARU are meeting tomorrow night to decide which team which be turfed next year with the Force the hot favourites. word going around social media that Rona has agreed to terms with us if that eventuates.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Big no to Goodwin from me, the guy's been a plodder his whole career and turns 33 next year. Maybe for backup on a minimal contract but if we sign him with a view of being in our 17 we're in all sorts

A guy like John Olive who's struggling to get a run at GC would be a much better target.
Saw John Olive out when I went over to the Auckland Nines. Guy loves a Winnie Red I'll tell you that much. Like a chimney! Good player though.

super_coach

First Grade
Saw John Olive out when I went over to the Auckland Nines. Guy loves a Winnie Red I'll tell you that much. Like a chimney! Good player though.

Probably why he is struggling to crack the top grade. Back in the 80s every player liked a smoke (except Junior) now there would be very few NRL standard players who smoke..and talking from a guy who smoked two packets a day for a long time before getting smart, thats a good thing

Clifferd

Coach
There is no way you can reach peak fitness whilst having a smoking habit. Surely the highs you receive from playing nrl standard week in week out would be enough to quit

I know I'd happily give up my drunken antics every weekend if it meant I played nrl. Guys are privleged

super_coach

First Grade
There is no way you can reach peak fitness whilst having a smoking habit. Surely the highs you receive from playing nrl standard week in week out would be enough to quit

I know I'd happily give up my drunken antics every weekend if it meant I played nrl. Guys are privleged

I guess everyone knows a exception to the rule, a bloke who can smoke like a bush fire, drink like a fish and still compete against the best, but the question has to be asked how better they would be if the didn't

Radical Rat

Juniors
i think the ARU are meeting tomorrow night to decide which team which be turfed next year with the Force the hot favourites. word going around social media that Rona has agreed to terms with us if that eventuates.

Is that right? I saw an article with him a little while ago and he was saying he really wants to go back to the Dogs, guess that was before Foran and Woods though.

That would be an awesome signing and just the sort of strike power we're missing. Pretty sure he always wanted to be a fullback as well.

Clifferd

Coach

Not Tigers related but with the Force getting the boot NRL would be stupid to not take a team there

Vic Mackey

Referee
Is that right? I saw an article with him a little while ago and he was saying he really wants to go back to the Dogs, guess that was before Foran and Woods though.

That would be an awesome signing and just the sort of strike power we're missing. Pretty sure he always wanted to be a fullback as well.

He might want to go to the dogs but the dogs would be flat out affording Jordan rankin atm

Would be a great signing imo. Good under the high ball and one of the games better finishers

axl rose

Bench
Ivan Cleary in a video today said he spoke to Hopoate (initially a few years ago at the Riff) but he wont be coming to the Tigers.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Not Tigers related but with the Force getting the boot NRL would be stupid to not take a team there

It would take someone with very deep pockets to fund a side over there, the only reason why the Force were able to play this year because they got sponsorship from the WA government, without those $$$$ coming in the force would have ended up like the Western/Perth Reds, all over Red Rover, kaput, a distant memory.

Clifferd

Coach
It would take someone with very deep pockets to fund a side over there, the only reason why the Force were able to play this year because they got sponsorship from the WA government, without those $$$$ coming in the force would have ended up like the Western/Perth Reds, all over Red Rover, kaput, a distant memory.

It is kinda true, the NRL would need to pump probably 100-200million into them like the afl did with the GWS

Can't see them doing that at all because the nrl are greedy pricks

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I've personally seen at least 10 current well respected NRL players smoking darts. It's bad news but I think they just do it when on the piss.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Matt Mckilwrick is a great re-signing. He was very close to going to Parra but a guaranteed 9 spot for years swayed him. I'd like for him to learn to play 80 minutes as I have carrying another Hooker on the bench. He also needs to learn to kick from dummy half and we have a very complete 9.