What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
It wasn't too long ago we were all singing MM's praises. It is really hard to play well in a shithouse team. Look at Tedesco's form this year compared to when he plays origin.

I'm fine with MM and Lidde. If they are shit then we know where to recruit for 2019

I think MM will serve well with the forwards next year. No frills hooker with decent service out of dummy half and defends pretty well. I just have reservations about his ability to play 80 minutes. I would much prefer an 80 minute hooker and a four forward bench. Next year will be more about shoring up defence. We'll have plenty of merkin in the front row to get up the pitch and lay the platform for the halves so I don't think a creative hooker is a priority as of yet. Got plenty of size and speed in the outside backs too to cross the stripe so I don't creativity will be too much of an issue if we get our defence right.

Not sure if I have said here before, but Eisenhuth may be the key to strengthening the second row by playing him as a workhorse third prop in the 13. Taylor can move to one of the edges partnering with McQueen which gives us a bit more of a dynamic second row and tightens up one of the edges a bit.

I suppose it all depends on how we see Twal & Felise coming on, and if Grant stays on.

1. Watson
2. Nofoaluma
3. Suli
4. Milne
5. Lolohea
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. McQueen
13. Taylor

14. Grant
15. Eisenhuth
16. Sue
17. Alioai
18. Twal
19. Felise
20. Ganble
21. Masrsters
22. Chee-Kam
23. McIlwrick
24. Naiqama
25. Watene-Zelezniak

We're gonna need a bigger bus !!!

Vozzy

Juniors
Naquima hasn't been resigned so he won't be in that list at this stage and I would have Mckillrick over Liddle any day of the week this stage.

BrotherJim05

Bench
The bus definitely isn't full yet. There have been reports we are still in the market for a prop and a winger.

I'm hearing Tupou and Latimore have been offered contracts. Is this true?

Crazy to leave out Fonua imo
I
'm hearing Tupou and Latimore
reports we are still in the market for a prop and a winger.

So lets for arguments sake just move the numbers/names around in a probable order of
Playing 1st Grade 1 - 13 then backup forwards 14 to 22, backup backs 23 to 29 with assumption that all are fit and well from day 1. The following does not include anyone from this years U20's or reserves who have not already played 1st grade.

1. Watson
2. Nofoaluma
3. Suli
4. Milne
5. Lolohea
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. McIlwrick
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. McQueen
13. Taylor

14. Grant
15. Sue
16. Twal
17. Alioai
18. Eisenhuth
19. Liddle
20. Felise
21. Latimore
22. Another prop !
23. Fonua
24. Ganble
25. Naiqama
26. Watene-Zelezniak
27. Another winger !
28. Marsters
29. Chee-Kam

Interesting times ahead.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Crazy to leave out Fonua imo.

Other than that , great side

Who can goal kick though? Watson maybe?

Suli kicked goal in the lower grades, wondering if hes still up to it? otherwise im sure brooks has kicked aswell.

interestingly in his first few weeks with the team Ivan was asked about goal kicking and he said he doesnt think its that hard, that it can be taught. coming from someone who was a very good goal kicker he might not be looking at the team and thinking 'i need to have a goal kicker somewhere.'

Well someone on the WTF has said their mate who works for the Chooks reckons Connor Watson has signed with us. Another reckons he's going to Newcastle.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hooper has reported that Watson has rejected our deal to play for the Knights. Apparently he was a knights fan growing up + 5/8 is his preferred position.

I really hope we have some sort of contingency plan because I'm not confident we can get the job done with Lolohea at fullback

Tiger Ted

Bench
Our spine for '18 is not good enough.We won't be playing finals footy for a long while unless we can assemble a quality spine !

We don't have a gun in any of the spine positions & we are bereft of a quality game manager at the scrumbase.

I admire Reynolds's commitment but 4 yrs at top $ will very likely come back to bite us where the sun don't shine.He showed again against the Knights how much of a liability he can be with that moronic transgression at end of game which could've cost his team the match.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Watson to WT always seemed weird to me. Everything I've seen he looks an out and out 5/8. Whilst he may end up a better player then Lolohea, Lolo will definetly be the better fullback. I'd rather our money spent elsewhere.

Personally I'm pretty happy with our spine for next year. Reynolds will be a great signing and the perfect fit for Brooks.

Tigerm

First Grade
Lolo will definetly be the better fullback. I'd rather our money spent elsewhere.

Personally I'm pretty happy with our spine for next year. Reynolds will be a great signing and the perfect fit for Brooks.
Yep agree, I am also thinking that if Lolo is going to get the No1 jersey to start next year, then we should put him there now, Teddy can go where ever.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Yep agree, I am also thinking that if Lolo is going to get the No1 jersey to start next year, then we should put him there now, Teddy can go where ever.
Don't agree guys.That would mean Ljohn back in 1sts and that should never happen again
We finally flicked athe country and western singer Lovett and that's 2 we don't want back.

Latest posts