What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryles & Webke were getting smashed - where was Hindmarsh

knights 2004

Juniors
ryles was crap - he ran it up lots but got smashed every time, as did webke, thing is, they were they only 2 running it up.
if i was them id be blowing up for not getting any help from the other forwards.

eelsta

Bench
where was hindmash you say ahh tackling his ares off thats where!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll:

Where was Kennedy, that right thinking of the money he will be earning at Manly.

2 of the players u just mentioned were probably the best for Australia along With Mason and Rooney I can't understand how u can bag them.

Munky

Coach
I don't get why Hindmarsh and Fitzgibbon just tackle these days.

Forwards are there to set a platform and get rolling on, not tackle themselves stupid.

Hindmarsh was awesome in 2001 when used as a strike player.

eelsta

Bench
he hasnt done too bad this year in a poor side has he winning 2nd rower of the yr and rlw player of the year sign of a great player i'd say ;-) ;-)

simostorm

Bench
knights 2004 said:
ryles was crap - he ran it up lots but got smashed every time, as did webke, thing is, they were they only 2 running it up.
if i was them id be blowing up for not getting any help from the other forwards.

Yeah I agree, Webcke and Ryles lead the way hitup wise, I thought Hindmarsh was useless, he only made a heap of tackles cos players were running at him, I thought Hindmarshed bludged in that game,
I hope he gets droped for the next test.

simostorm

Bench
Players always look better in a losing side like the eels,
Hindmarsh is overated, at SoO and test level he hasnt performed.

eelsta

Bench
simostorm said:
Players always look better in a losing side like the eels,
Hindmarsh is overated, at SoO and test level he hasnt performed.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

bartman

Immortal
Hmm. The problem is up front. Webcke and Ryles were simply dominated by their opposites. J Cay had a great game! Webcke is getting past it. O'Meley must start next game. Apart from Civoneciva there just aren't any other options for prop in this 25 man squad :roll:

These days, you need firing props (two plus one or two off the bench) that do the go forward (not backward, no matter how many hit-ups they make) up the guts, with creative second rowers working on the fringes and tackling everything that comes their way. Hindy was deliberately used a decoy, drawing players all night, which directly contributed to two of the tries, and he tackled his heart out. What more do you want of your second row?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
webke and ryles were outclassed, maybe the wet field had somehting to do with it.... either way ogre always goes forward no matter what and needs to be there next game. Hindmarsh and carrol really needed to get more involved with hit ups, yes i know hindmarsh was tackling but he's a devastating runner on his day.

The Colonel

Immortal
Hindmarsh was looking for the ball but spent half the game being used as a decoy runner. The try to Minichiello came off of good lead up work by Hindmarsh who drew the defence. The one offload he was able to get away sent the attack down the left hand side and lead to Rooney's try.

Hindmarsh was putting his hand up but the ball was going to Webcke, Ryles, Mason and Civoniceva. Watch the game and see how many times he was cut out by the pass to the centre or was trailing the likes of Mason and Webcke for the offload. Both Buderus and Hindmarsh saw very little of the ball - the game plan looked as thoughh they were to try and stifle the mid-field attack of the forwards. Hindmarsh shadowed Williams for much of the game.

Kennedy was ineffective and by the time Ryan was used he was playing prop. Carroll should never have been there.

Kiwi

First Grade
eelsta said:
where was hindmash you say ahh tackling his ares off thats where!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll:

So was Webcke ( 32 tackles, 0 missed ), Hindmarsh made 39 for 2 misses. Yet Webcke still made 16 hit ups and more metres in the game of any forward bar Williams.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hindmarsh was told to run decoy, as was the case last time he played under Bennett

Of course Webke, being a Bronco, was not.

eelsta

Bench
webcke is a great player no doubt about it, are you jumping on the lets bag hindmarsh wagon now are you look out hindy you could be next to cop it on this board JUST ASK FINCH :x

Kiwi

First Grade
eelsta said:
webcke is a great player no doubt about it, are you jumping on the lets bag hindmarsh wagon now are you look out hindy you could be next to cop it on this board JUST ASK FINCH :x

I'm a Hindmarsh fan, he just went missing in attack.

Kiwi

First Grade
Twizzle said:
Hindmarsh was told to run decoy, as was the case last time he played under Bennett

Of course Webke, being a Bronco, was not.

How is the Aussie teams training going, what with you being there and all. :roll: