What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S15

ozbash

Referee
Well well, its nearly that time of year again.

Wonder who the Mighty Chiefs will beat in this years Super 15 final?

Hope the Aussie teams have a better showing this year, Melbourne look strong, the Folauatahs look interesting.

Back 2 Back in 2013.

Go the Chiefs...:cool:

Butters

Bench
Another year, another Australian Conference title for the Reds. And with the Lions tour almost upon us look out for Quade Cooper to yet again dominate all who come before him as he seeks to regain what is rightfully his; the Wallaby No. 10 jersey.

:cool:

Timbo

Staff member
I've been watching the Waratahs do their pre-season stuff down at Coogee.

They look pretty fit. I'm hoping under Cheika that all the infighting stops and they actually play running rugby.

Well well, its nearly that time of year again.

Wonder who the Mighty Chiefs will beat in this years Super 15 final?

Hope the Aussie teams have a better showing this year, Melbourne look strong, the Folauatahs look interesting.

Back 2 Back in 2013.

Go the Chiefs...:cool:

Chiefs won't miss $BW too much imo so deserve to be favourites. Will be interesting to see Nanai-Williams if he plays in the centres. Highlanders and Crusaders will also threaten. Can't see the Blues doing too much but i'd love to see Ranger replace Nonu at 12.
Sharks to win the SA conference this year. F. Steyn gives them the x-factor. Can't wait to see the Kings - particularly how Watson goes. it's been a couple of years but he was an animal when i last saw him play.
In Oz, the Tahs are showing promise and i fear that the new coach may actually drive them to live up to it this year. Not good news for the Reds who i don't think will be able to win our conference this year - Higginbotham gone and Genia out for the first few games means we are weakened to the point where we could easily lose another couple of local derbies. Rebels will be the big improvers this year (provided Higginbotham, O'Connor and Beale stay fit). Watch out for Jason Woodward (kiwi) when he returns from injury. Brumbies to win the Oz conference though. They are a very very good team.

Go Reds!

ozbash

Referee
Will be interesting to see Nanai-Williams if he plays in the centres

he had a very good game , for a little fella.
Awesome game, star team hammered a team of stars..

Iafeta

Referee
The last 15 minutes was where the Chiefs ran away with it. None the less, that was a top quality game, and the Highlanders I think will be there or thereabouts. Particularly so when the likes of Slade, Thorn, are back.

yes it was a great game. Tim N-W was excellent...where is Horell going to fit in? You think Aki wil hold his place?
Highlanders losing Manu for the season his a big blow. They don't have many (if any) quality number 8's on their books...
Can't wait for Reds v Tahs tonight!!!

Butters

Bench
Just got back from the Reds v Waratahs game. Great game but was a pretty shit atmosphere like most games at suncorp, dead silence apart from when something happened. Being surrounded by a bunch of upper class toffs wouldn't have helped, half the merkins were giving me dirty looks for daring to cheer at a footy match.

Valheru

Coach
I don’t watch a lot of rugby, only the Waratahs and Wallabies but i have to say the new process to set the scrum is a million time better than last year. I don’t think there was 1 scrum in the reds/waratahs game that had to be reset.

I don?t watch a lot of rugby, only the Waratahs and Wallabies but i have to say the new process to set the scrum is a million time better than last year. I don?t think there was 1 scrum in the reds/waratahs game that had to be reset.
Agreed. It's much better. I'd guess games are finishing 20 minutes sooner on that aspect alone. I think there were a couple of resets due to front rows engaging prematurely. That will happen ocasionally but veryone is happy to be rid of the 'pause'.

BODISGOD

Bench
I've been watching the Waratahs do their pre-season stuff down at Coogee.

They look pretty fit. I'm hoping under Cheika that all the infighting stops and they actually play running rugby.

Cheika is an organisation builder, not a great running rugby coach. It's a bit of a myth put out there from his time at Leinster. In his first 3 years with Leinster yes, but that was because of David Knox (where has he gone off to i wonder). We played some ugly rugby the last couple of years and his time in Paris was much the same from what I hear.

He had a couple of years grace with Leinster because of that Knox effect, not getting that with the Tahs though...

Cheika is an organisation builder, not a great running rugby coach. It's a bit of a myth put out there from his time at Leinster. In his first 3 years with Leinster yes, but that was because of David Knox (where has he gone off to i wonder). We played some ugly rugby the last couple of years and his time in Paris was much the same from what I hear.

He had a couple of years grace with Leinster because of that Knox effect, not getting that with the Tahs though...
Well he seems to talk the talk - a very straight forward approach and attitude which is clearly a good thing. I think the team will improve dramatically from here on in. The players now know that reputations no longer count for anything. I expect Ashley-Cooper to get everyones attention but you have issues at number 12. I hate Carter! he's a good straight runner but that's all he does. Horne is over rated and Barnes is injured. Go the Reds!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee the Tahs did their best to lose that game last night

4 points up and a chance to wrap the game up, penalty right in front with less than 10 to go and missed, I could have thrown it over

then they are 20 metres out with a scrum feed, another chance to wrap up the game and give away a penalty and turn the ball over

I lost count of the amount of face palms in the last 10 mins

Latest posts