What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Anderson?

JJ

Immortal
I've just read about the tit-for-tat carry on following Anderson's son being released by Cronulla.

With all theat BS, his constant nepotism - in addition to lifting the profile of relatives, I include Kimmorley in that - how he could play Kimmorley at half so often with Johns at hooker is a little beyond me. It wouldn't be a surprise to see Kimmorley as Roo captain desptite his ordinary form, the rock solid claims of Lockyer, and the form of Gower at half...

I know it's a rave, but this rubbish drives me up the wall!!

There's no end of possible replacements...the most opbvious being

Lang - wouldn't that be ironic - someone who apparently couldn't instill a winning culture - where did Cronulla finish this year again? Did Lang's Cronulla sides ever do that badly?

Gould - yeah, I know but he can coach.
Bennett - yeah I know, but he can coach.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Yeah melbourne all over again..... both his sons have been crap and only ended up in 1st grade cos he was the coach.

Anderson is very stubborn and does not always do whats bnest for the team, rather he has his own favourites... iu reckon the sharks would be better suited to just paying him out rather than putting up with this shit every couple of months

Phil; Baily for Roo captain!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JJ

Immortal
I meant as Australian coach, but yeah he should be removed at the Sharks too.

What John Lang did wrong still escapes me... his coaching record looks pretty good to me, and I always thought the Sharks had a pretty good "winning culture" Since I've been following leage (mid-late 80's) they've pretty much been there or there abouts. Only one team can win the premiership, and it's usually taken pretty good sides to beat Cronulla. And, of course, further back they were pretty unlucky to miss out.

Obviously, they warrant direct comparison with Penrith (the team I support), and although Penrith won in 91 (and should have won in 90 and gone close a few times after that, but self destructed), Cronulla have the better record.

Sure Melbourne won the comp early, but im my opinion were one of the worst sides to ever win it. And certainly haven't suffered noticeably for loosing Anderson and his little half-back lover!

And John Lang is just a good bloke!!!!

JJ said:
.....Sure Melbourne won the comp early, but im my opinion were one of the worst sides to ever win it. And certainly haven't suffered noticeably for loosing Anderson and his little half-back lover!.....

And John Lang is just a good bloke!!!!

Winning is simple It takes a team effort. Melbourne was and is a great team.

Booyah

Bench
Well the problem is, if we removed Opes from the Test coach position, Gould would have to get the boot for NSW.

Both men seem to have constant battles with bad publicity, but Gould in particular.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Jarrod wasn't that bad!!......actually he done well i thought in his first season......and could be a handy back up player for the backs next year!!

I can think of others before releasing Jarrod!!

Big Tim

First Grade
I see that Rogers wants him gone, and with the whole "get behind me or sack me" thing, he was unable to sack him. So he followed Melbourne's lead and didnt offer his son a contract, which is speculated as one of the reasons he left Melbourne, hoping he would react, and he has. The Sharks are doing a good thing by trying to get rid of him, or they are hoping to get the best out of him by pissing him off. Either way they need something to shake them up.

Rusty

Juniors
If Anderson picks Kimmorley at halfback let alone in the Roo squad...then he should be sacked :evil: :shock:

Simo

First Grade
I believe Mr Raper is just sitting there waiting for the official removal of Anderson, wether its after his contract or he is sacked.

He will take over and i reckon they should resign Treister as Anderson really made him a scapegoat for the teams shitty performance.

The winning culture he instilled brought about the worst Cronulla result in the last 10 odd years.

And i agree about the Aussie coach aswell. He has to go.

SirShire

First Grade
Dragonschik said:
If the sharks want to win a premiership (when pigs fly) the first step is to sack anderson.

I love hearing a Saints fan say that, especially when they have a team full of reps who cant make the top eight!!

Big Tim

First Grade
Simo said:
I believe Mr Raper is just sitting there waiting for the official removal of Anderson, wether its after his contract or he is sacked.

He will take over and i reckon they should resign Treister as Anderson really made him a scapegoat for the teams shitty performance.

The winning culture he instilled brought about the worst Cronulla result in the last 10 odd years.

And i agree about the Aussie coach aswell. He has to go.

Thats what I mean. Sacked, contract expires or he walks out with sour grapes after they didnt re-sign his son. Either way I dont think that the Sharks are entirely happy with his performance.

mullet

Juniors
newie_supporter said:
If Anderson picks Kimmorley at halfback let alone in the Roo squad...then he should be sacked :evil: :shock:

NEWS FLASH:Your only an idiot not to think he wont be there. :roll:

Like it or not he will be the #7 who has proven each time he has played for aus and never been in a loosing team