What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Carr.

thebigredv

First Grade
Hunt played better under Griffin, the best we’ve seen from him. He was very average before that especially considering his price. It is clearly a mental thing with him. I didn’t see him gripe when Mary left. I’m worried he will revert to his old ways now his friend is gone. Maybe it’s best for us if he does go and the new coach can work with Sullivan or hit the market with all that cash.

Liking the selections already. It really isn’t that hard!

oh and yes, sack Carr!
Hope he does better than the last interim coach.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I like this rubbish comment about Hunt mentioning this before Griffin got axed.

"Hunt sought to have a get-out clause linked to the coach inserted in his contract before re-signing, a request the club rejected. While the Maroons playmaker’s manager Col Davis last week indicated Hunt was staying put, that comment was before Griffin was axed."

Before that it said about the get out clause regarding Griffin.

These journo's must do the players heads in. Ben is trying to cope with losing his mate as coach and all the journo's want to throw at him is "will you leave too" and create a circus after he told them he wouldn't. As if Hunt did not know Griffin would be gone before he and his manager already confirmed he is not looking to move.

If Ben was to go he should go to the Dolphins. As far away from the Sydney journo's as possible. He will probably have more chance of winning a comp there than at the Dogs anyway if that is his reason for him to leave.

Maybe it’s best for us if he (Hunt) does go and the new coach can work with Sullivan or hit the market with all that cash.
He is not indispensable. His best is behind him and he is using up valuable cap space. We need someone with clever ball skills and game management, so offloading him makes sense. If we let him go make sure the buyer picks up at least 70% of his wage as we have to derive some monetary gain from him.. after all he has cost the club some 7m.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Carr wins his next 2 games against the Dolphins who will be depleted and Penrith who will rest the Origin stars Carr will have a 100% record with 3 wins against Robbo, Bennett and Cleary. What a start that would be to his NRL coaching career. Loved his passion in the box.

Dragon David

First Grade
If Carr gets us on a run & we win more than we lose he’ll pick up a gig somewhere if he’s not retained by us. Early days but I like him a lot.
I'm not saying too much because I don't want to put the mockers on him. Win, lose or draw, he is on a hiding to nothing but in fairness, it isn't his absolute fault in getting us relegated down to the bottom of the ladder. He might have contributed as an assistant, but we know that the biggest problem has now no say in the matter.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I'm not saying too much because I don't want to put the mockers on him. Win, lose or draw, he is on a hiding to nothing but in fairness, it isn't his absolute fault in getting us relegated down to the bottom of the ladder. He might have contributed as an assistant, but we know that the biggest problem has now no say in the matter.
In Hook’s 3 seasons as starting head coach he’s had different assistants each year so i don’t think attributing blame to assistants has any merit. Obviously Young & Hornby knew something because they both bailed when Hook was appointed.