What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Flanagan

redVinme

Bench
Roster quality limits how good you can be at your best. It shouldn’t limit your ability to play near your best most weeks. That’s down to standards and effort. Getting the players to do their best is called coaching.
To a degree absolutely. You can't whip out nearly 15 years of failure in sub 12 months though. Especially when most of the players who have failed remain. For starters one NRL standard pre season isn't enough when other teams have them every year. We will see more benefit of that next year. The other part is removing the negative players. Where you won't catch me mincing words r/e Flano is with Hunt. I don't agree with any talk of him staying on and think he is a massive contributor to our performance levels

gregstar

Referee
I would have thought the explanation for yesterday was pretty obvious.

Flanno gave the players the wrong drugs.

I'm pretty sure I saw De Belin pretending to be a beetle, Hunt acting like a bottle top, Liddle thinking he was toenail & Bird thinking he was a footballer.

Old Timer

Coach
Itd only be fair for you to make a post in which you acknowledge that you've gone back on your self "imposed" pre season boycott or mind your own business honestly.

Happy to sit on your high horse telling anyone who will listen that you won't be posting this season just to slowly encroach and move goal posts until we arrive at you full blown involved in current team events.

You should either let everyone know that
A) you aren't a person of high integrity and are now bending on the their morals (ironic)
B) You intend on getting off your high horse and joining the rest of us mortals
C) You are going stick to your word

Because others may forget but some remember exactly what you said.
I watch people blindly dishing it out to I'm Hornby (who I don't agree with on many occasions) and a few others as well so in an effort to create some fairness I have posed a simple question to those that ebb and flow in this place.

Maybe that question is a bit too much for you to consider in light of where your and perhaps others aspirations lie?

I am making no comments re games or individual players I merely post something when I perceive there is inequity as I did in the Lomax thread.

If people weren't bullying others and perhaps just accepted that they have a different opinion then I wouldn't need to post anything.

TheRev

First Grade
Roster quality limits how good you can be at your best. It shouldn’t limit your ability to play near your best most weeks. That’s down to standards and effort. Getting the players to do their best is called coaching.
I completely get where ur coming from.. but to be fair the modern game is so fast.. if you fall out of the contest (I dont mean the scoreboard, but you lose the war of speed/endurance/attrition).. especially with a nsw cup roster like ours.. it becomes 1-way traffic...they only have so much energy to give.. time for a reset and go again next week with fresh bodies.

I've always felt like the team that scores a try should be the one kicking off.. we keep giving the ball back to the team whos winning.. its like an avalanche.

redVinme

Bench
I watch people blindly dishing it out to I'm Hornby (who I don't agree with on many occasions) and a few others as well so in an effort to create some fairness I have posed a simple question to those that ebb and flow in this place.

Maybe that question is a bit too much for you to consider in light of where your and perhaps others aspirations lie?

I am making no comments re games or individual players I merely post something when I perceive there is inequity as I did in the Lomax thread.

If people weren't bullying others and perhaps just accepted that they have a different opinion then I wouldn't need to post anything.
Ok so option A then. Got it.

56to66

Juniors
Who would you support in such an event?
Just as I opened my big mouth about to John Dowling about accepting the Illawarra Steelers as possible merge back in 1995, my wish now is to somehow to go back the St George Dragons, never did I think at the time that the NRL would piss all over St George's history.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I'm in no way a bully and pretending you are here posting on behalf of another forum member as their protector is a joke and thinly veiled at best.

At least have the guts to own your decision making, after all it's exactly the standard you are holding Flano too.
Fancy a member of a forum wanting to contribute to discussion when and how they see fit.

If you can't handle varying opinions and want to hear everyone regurgitating the same flawed view of the team as your own, then I think a forum is the place for you, Pal.

redVinme

Bench
Fancy a member of a forum wanting to contribute to discussion when and how they see fit.

If you can't handle varying opinions and want to hear everyone regurgitating the same flawed view of the team as your own, then I think a forum is the place for you, Pal.
Fancy another self righteous wanker appearing almost like magic. I can handle all opinions if they are sane and reasonable. I'd hardly call whatever you are doing as either, more like a witch hunt.

Don't forget to log back in as OT if you want to post as them

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Fancy another self righteous wanker appearing almost like magic. I can handle all opinions if they are sane and reasonable. I'd hardly call whatever you are doing as either, more like a witch hunt.

'Sane and reasonable'

That is just an arrogant way to dismiss anyone who has a different opinion to yourself. Why even be on a forum buddy?

You can blindly defend this pathetic coach all you like chief but at the end of the day nothing has changed from one coach to the next, no matter how your naive mind might tell you otherwise.

redVinme

Bench
'Sane and reasonable'

That is just an arrogant way to dismiss anyone who has a different opinion to yourself. Why even be on a forum buddy?

You can blindly defend this pathetic coach all you like chief but at the end of the day nothing has changed from one coach to the next, no matter how your naive mind might tell you otherwise.
Bro im not even that fussed on Flano I just think you are full of shit lol. You are unreasonable and only choose to look at things from one way whilst being obtuse to boot. I also think the board should be sacked and we are massively underperforming I just choose to do more than spew the same immature shit you do all day.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Bro im not even that fussed on Flano I just think you are full of shit lol. You are unreasonable and only choose to look at things from one way whilst being obtuse to boot. I also think the board should be sacked and we are massively underperforming I just choose to do more than spew the same immature shit you do all day.
Cool story bro.

"Massively underperforming" what a joke champ, you've spent half of today excusing away the piss poor performance from yesterday by saying we need at least another year or so before we are a half decent side 😂😂😂

Before that you said 8-10 wins this season is over achieving.

You can't have your cake and eat it, buddy. We can't be underperforming and rebuilding all in one sentence. How ridiculous.

Last edited:

redVinme

Bench
Cool story bro.

"Massively underperforming" what a joke champ, you've spent half of today excusing away the piss poor performance from yesterday by saying we need at least another year or so before we are a half decent side 😂😂😂

Before that you said 8-10 wins this season is over achieving.

You can't have your cake and eat it, buddy. We can't be underperforming and rebuilding all in one sentence. How ridiculous.
Massively underperforming as a club due to long term failures. Literally since Bennett.

I'm not talking about this year's team at all lol. Way to twist what I'm saying.

This year's team has and had Buckley's chance. 8-10 wins would be overachieving we literally have a bottom 4 team.

If you actually had any interest in engaging you'd actually ask what my opinion was instead of telling and assuming. There's like 10 players in the 30 worth even keeping and 3 of those have already come from Flano signings.

Yesterday was piss poor but if you expect much better from reserve graders and players that don't want to be there I don't know what to tell you. It's gonna take time to broom out the loser attitude that got here long before Flano got here and coming up with clever names to call him isn't gonna do anything at all.

Whatever coach came in needed to say we are chasing a top 8 spot to ensure the other players didn't become complacent/ agitate. Everyone knows we aren't actually a top 8 team and Flano, Ryles or Bellamy wouldn't change that this year.

You just want so badly to tell everyone you were right so only act critically and never ever pay respect when it's due...if I'm wrong feel free to point me in the direction of one of your posts from last week crediting the team for winning a game they lost by 30 the previous meeting. I'll gladly stand correct and happily apologise. Otherwise that is why people don't respect your opinion PAL.

Old Timer

Coach

LMAO at your last paragraph.

You sure do like to make false assumptions and accusations for that matter.

No doubt you will sooner or later come out with the “true supporter” argument.

By the way I forgot one of the more important points in the post that riled you so much.

Appointed as head coach despite the fact no other club wanted them.

redVinme

Bench
LMAO at your last paragraph.

You sure do like to make false assumptions and accusations for that matter.

No doubt you will sooner or later come out with the “true supporter” argument.

By the way I forgot one of the more important points in the post that riled you so much.

Appointed as head coach despite the fact no other club wanted them.
You forgot the other important point which is to admit you only pick and choose when you want to have morals and when to stick to them.

Like that you won't support the club this year (you still are) because of Flano but did last year with JDB, Molo and Zane Musgrove in the team.

Shouldnt be hard to just admit you are fallible like the rest of us but if course you won't. You'll continue to bend things how you see fit.

You'd make a good Catholic if you aren't one already.

Latest posts