What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Green

ozbuck

Juniors
Oh how I wish Green was our coach right now. "Sack Green" bs messages coming from left and right.

They've won 1 from their last 7.

Coaches are meant to get the best out of their players right? This is not happening...so all blame to the coach.

Matt Scott said last night after the game that the raiders wanted to win more than they did. If that was a dragons player the barbs would be out for Mary's sacking.

But Green was one of the coaches many here had on the wishlist. All the while the dragons sit 1st, cowboys could be last after this weekend.

Just realise when you start crap talking a coach that there's a possibility you're wrong. The amount of crap splattered over all Mary from some dragons supporters over the last couple of years has been witchhunt like...so convinced that they were right they were blinded by it.

Perhaps I am too haha time will tell. But dragons and cowboys are on totally different playing levels right now

Oh how I wish Green was our coach right now. "Sack Green" bs messages coming from left and right.

Coaches are meant to get the best out of their players right? This is not happening...so all blame to the coach.

Matt Scott said last night after the game that the raiders wanted to win more than they did. If that was a dragons player the barbs would be out for Mary's sacking.

But Green was one of the coaches many here had on the wishlist. All the while the dragons sit 1st, cowboys could be last after this weekend.

Just realise when you start crap talking a coach that there's a possibility you're wrong. The amount of crap splattered over all Mary from some dragons supporters over the last couple of years has been witchhunt like...so convinced that they were right they were blinded by it.

Perhaps I am too haha time will tell. But dragons and cowboys are on totally different playing levels right now
Yet the cry’s to sack Mary at 7-1 are just as loud if not louder lol the worlds arse about!

well put by the way

Saintsified

Bench

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Green is shit. Got lucky like Robinson did at Roosters, players make coaches successful just as much as coaches can make players successful.

You don't have a big concentration span, do you.

Straight Shooter
Why’s that dick muncher? I was waiting for you to crawl out from under your rock this threads tailor made for you to unleash a load of mindless repetitive dribble you must be almost catatonic that the majority of the forum aren’t buying your crap and are enjoying the clubs winning ways at the moment jeez Christmas must be miserable in your house with you and your blow up doll lol eat a bag of stolen dicks you turd

Even straighter shooter!!!
Never misses!!!

TruSaint

Referee
You don't have a big concentration span, do you.

Straight Shooter

OV, please tell me where you find fault here ? Is the thread correct ( as it stands now ). ?

I am no Mary fan, but with their squad being 1-7 is a sad state. Again, i repeat " as it stands now ".

Things can change, but I cant see one of the title favourites making the 8, let alone the top 4.

Can we at least call it as it is at any given time? NQ are a shambles right now. That may change, but as at round 8 they are a crap.

OV, please tell me where you find fault here ? Is the thread correct ( as it stands now ). ?

I am no Mary fan, but with their squad being 1-7 is a sad state. Again, i repeat " as it stands now ".

Things can change, but I cant see one of the title favourites making the 8, let alone the top 4.

Can we at least call it as it is at any given time? NQ are a shambles right now. That may change, but as at round 8 they are a crap.
save your energy tru he’s a spud who can’t/won’t see reason
His old man should’ve settled for the massage

The operative words are "right now"
If you take Greens results this season then your discourse is justified.
However if you take Green;s results since he took over the Cowboys, then your revelations are a whole pile of BS.
You're talking about a coach who in the face of a huge injury toll and from 8th place (which was gifted to him by us) took his team to the Grand Final.
At the same time if you take McGregor's results since he took over as coach (especially in terms of playing finals footy) then he has absolutely deserved all the criticism and eye rolls that Dragons supporters have laid upon him.
Why does that bother you so much - are you related to the career coach?
By any measure, he was terrible in 2015, 16 and 17.
With the roster we have this year, most established NRL coaches would have had the same success as McGregor.
So if you want to zero in on little snippets of history and use that to support your argument then you are kidding yourself.

Green had done well for him self. The cowboys are currently sitting second last so some clown gives him 2.7mill for the next three yearsto keep himthere. Way to go
I’m not bagging green nor have I but I’m sick of the Mary bashing by certain members of this forum while we’re 7/1 bag him while we’re 1/7 by all means,and he’d be in the bottom echelon as far as pay goes and the players have spoken highly of him in interviews crediting him with their development ie frizell debelin and Vaughn so who can argue with that? oh objective spew that’s who

Green had done well for him self. The cowboys are currently sitting second last so some clown gives him 2.7mill for the next three yearsto keep himthere. Way to go
However if you take Green;s results since he took over the Cowboys, then your revelations are a whole pile of BS.
You're talking about a coach who in the face of a huge injury toll and from 8th place (which was gifted to him by us) took his team to the Grand Final.
At the same time if you take McGregor's results since he took over as coach (especially in terms of playing finals footy) then he has absolutely deserved all the criticism and eye rolls that Dragons supporters have laid upon him.
With the roster we have this year, most established NRL coaches would have had the same success as McGregor.
So if you want to zero in on little snippets of history and use that to support your argument then you are kidding yourself.
You’re like objective spew you’re blinded by your hatred of the man judge him on current results surely you’re not that cynical

ozbuck

Juniors

"HE was terrible in 2015, 16, 17"?

It takes two to tango. Coach and players. Mary has never had the team he has wanted, he has said that...this year before the season kicked off he said he's finally got the side he has wanted....it's only 8 rounds in so absolutely, judgement can't be made right now on the season as a whole...but an idiot could look at our year so far as notice we're playing at a much higher pedigree. Every commentator I hear and league analyser is saying there's something deeper with the saints this year. To be honest, we've had massive luck with Injuries, but here's the main point: if people are going to blame Mary for all the shit they think he dished up the last few years then you've got to blame him for all the good stuff happening at the moment too. Yeh, blame him for the good stuff happening. It's fine to give it to him when things are going bad, but if the same people can't give it to him when things are going great then they just are waiting around for something to complain about, feel like a victim and say "see, I told you!!!".

I be honest, our roster the last couple of years was one where making the finals would have been an overachievement I gotta say. Sometimes the roster isn't where it needs to be, and the cohesiveness of that roster is a big one.

There are supporters here still piling on criticism to Mary despite winning all but one game after 8 rounds. I can feel them just waiting until we lose two or three in a row to start salivating.

Oh and if Paul Green took his team to a grand final last year then he must be taking his team to 2nd last place at the moment. If he is responsible for their successess, hes responsible for their failures. If that's the case, what a horrible coach he is now. You cant have it both ways: winning = great coach, losing = other problems outside the coach.

Perhaps there's a lot more to a teams success than a coach. It's part of the parcel sure, but it's only PART. But in the current culture of league we're tricked into believing it's all the coach because when a team is going bad the coaches head rolls because supporters want to feel like real change is being made by the the club's powers that be. ...it's all fur coats and no knickers

It takes two to tango. Coach and players. Mary has never had the team he has wanted, he has said that...this year before the season kicked off he said he's finally got the side he has wanted....it's only 8 rounds in so absolutely, judgement can't be made right now on the season as a whole...but an idiot could look at our year so far as notice we're playing at a much higher pedigree. Every commentator I hear and league analyser is saying there's something deeper with the saints this year. To be honest, we've had massive luck with Injuries, but here's the main point: if people are going to blame Mary for all the shit they think he dished up the last few years then you've got to blame him for all the good stuff happening at the moment too. Yeh, blame him for the good stuff happening. It's fine to give it to him when things are going bad, but if the same people can't give it to him when things are going great then they just are waiting around for something to complain about, feel like a victim and say "see, I told you!!!".

I be honest, our roster the last couple of years was one where making the finals would have been an overachievement I gotta say. Sometimes the roster isn't where it needs to be, and the cohesiveness of that roster is a big one.

There are supporters here still piling on criticism to Mary despite winning all but one game after 8 rounds. I can feel them just waiting until we lose two or three in a row to start salivating.

Oh and if Paul Green took his team to a grand final last year then he must be taking his team to 2nd last place at the moment. If he is responsible for their successess, hes responsible for their failures. If that's the case, what a horrible coach he is now. You cant have it both ways: winning = great coach, losing = other problems outside the coach.

Perhaps there's a lot more to a teams success than a coach. It's part of the parcel sure, but it's only PART. But in the current culture of league we're tricked into believing it's all the coach because when a team is going bad the coaches head rolls because supporters want to feel like real change is being made by the the club's powers that be. ...it's all fur coats and no knickers
Thanks for an incredible insight into the way you think.
Unfortunately, all you are doing is rationalizing and making excuses for the past and pumping up the current success.
I think your comments and comparisons with Paul Green are idiotic and groundless.
You cannot compare what Green has done with McGregor. Its a joke.
Shifting the focus onto the roster is also flawed because McGregor said he finally had "the team he wanted" last year as well.
I also take exception to your determination to make out that McGregor has been criticized and has been hard done by this year.
I see the absolute opposite on this forum and as for the commentators, they have been very kind to him in the past considering the way he has coached the team.
So this year, they actually have something to spruke about.
As a result, I really don't know why you are getting so worked up and feel the need to defend McGregor.
Our rosters over the last 2 years did not "overachieve".
We have had one of the best packs in the comp (supported by stats) all this time and we often dominated field position and still couldn't win games.
That phenomena has a lot to do with the coach whether you want to admit it or not.
In terms of the "coach's head rolling".
McGregor was appointed as caretaker coach. Was not qualified to be appointed as full time coach yet he was anyway.
2016 was an abomination from a coaching perspective and so was 2017.
Yet through all that he not only survived, but was also upgraded and extended.
So McGregor in particular has never had to worry about getting the sack so your comments regarding "coaches head rolls" doesn't apply to him.
To me it seems that the only one that's being tricked here is you.
You have been gobbling up the club spin about McGregor and you're spewing it out here in a rubbish post.
McGregor is on a pedestal at the moment so don't complain.
Let's hope the success continues.

:clap_tone1::clap_tone1::clap_tone1::clap_tone1: Well put I’m starting to like you :joy:

Frank Facer

First Grade

Nth Qld probably have the best pair of halves in the comp and many good judges including myself, thought they had the best forward pack in the comp at the beginning of the year.

Our halves and forwards are probably the form ones of the comp right now. Hunt's game has improved under Mary, after being coached by who some think is the best coach in the history of the game.

Just imagine how badly Nth Qld supporters are spewing that they let Ponga go. I would be too if I was a Nth Qld supporter.

Latest posts